Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

James Cowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl.froehlich(at)verizon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

I’m just about ready to drop the order to Van’s for a slow build RV-8 kit. I’m already working the empennage so I figure with the eight week time line for shipment I need to move forward.

I’m looking to use a James Cowl. As such I need to delete the standard Van’s cowl in my order. So – looking for recommendations of the RV-8 James Cowl group – yes or no?

I’ll be using a stock IO-360 from Van’s – the 180 hp version.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-10, sale pending (and it breaks my heart)
RV-8, tail kit

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Ssenegal(at)sanbrunocable

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Hey Carl,
A little off topic, but I happen to have a slow build RV-8 fuselage kit that is still in the crate. I opened it, but never took off the plastic rap, inventoried it, nor took the parts out of the crate. I purchased it in 2009. I had a buyer a couple of years ago, but for some reason he changed his mind after he agreed to purchase it. He never saw it, never said why, he just changed his mind. I got busy with other things and haven't pursued trying to sell it again, but saw your post and thought you might be interested.
Contact me if you are.

Best Regards,
Steve
Sent between flights ✈️
On Aug 30, 2016, at 18:14, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
I’m just about ready to drop the order to Van’s for a slow build RV-8 kit. I’m already working the empennage so I figure with the eight week time line for shipment I need to move forward.

I’m looking to use a James Cowl. As such I need to delete the standard Van’s cowl in my order. So – looking for recommendations of the RV-8 James Cowl group – yes or no?

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Laz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Hi Carl

I am in the last stages of my RV8 build.  I deleted the stock Vans cowl and it was a big mistake.  I am a big fan of Sam James, but with the RV 8 there are two problems.
1. you wll have to use a prop extension with his 8 cowl.  Sam does not currently make a short version for the 8 like he does for the 7.
2. The Cowl is a lot more work and it's advantages are not that great .  it does look cool but in the end after surveying many I found the standard cowl is pretty good.
3.  EVERY mod you make to the Vans kit will increase your building time exponentially.
John Thocker of Red Line air shows has built at least 3 RV 8 s and helped with many more.  His standard advice is build it like Van said to and you will be fine.
Finally if you delete it from the Kit it will cost you nearly double with shipping if you change your mind later.

I have a close friend in the EZ world that is a world record holder.  He actually deigned the wheel pants Sam uses.  My friend did encourage me to look at SAMs cowl, but in the end, for me at least, it was not worth it.
If you build it light you will get 99% of the speed you need.

Hope this helps.
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

I’m just about ready to drop the order to Van’s for a slow build RV-8 kit.  I’m already working the empennage so I figure with the eight week time line for shipment I need to move forward.

I’m looking to use a James Cowl.  As such I need to delete the standard Van’s cowl in my order.  So – looking for recommendations of the RV-8 James Cowl group – yes or no?

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

I built the RV-10 with the James Cowl and I’m happy with the performance.  I configured the plane for high altitude long range cruise and the James Cowl has contributed to the results.  I note Will James stop offering the RV-10 cowl as a few builders had issues.

What worries me more than the extra work is the required 2.5” prop extension. I understand why Will James does this and I agree with the concept, but the prop hanging out there worried me about engine crank bearing load.  I talked to BPE about this and they told me it is not a problem.

So my root question remains.  I understand the downside of the cowl but I would like a feed from those running one on how they see it impacting performance.

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Michael Lazarowicz
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:29 AM
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: James Cowl

Hi Carl

I am in the last stages of my RV8 build. I deleted the stock Vans cowl and it was a big mistake. I am a big fan of Sam James, but with the RV 8 there are two problems.

1. you wll have to use a prop extension with his 8 cowl. Sam does not currently make a short version for the 8 like he does for the 7.

2. The Cowl is a lot more work and it's advantages are not that great . it does look cool but in the end after surveying many I found the standard cowl is pretty good.

3. EVERY mod you make to the Vans kit will increase your building time exponentially.

John Thocker of Red Line air shows has built at least 3 RV 8 s and helped with many more. His standard advice is build it like Van said to and you will be fine.

Finally if you delete it from the Kit it will cost you nearly double with shipping if you change your mind later.

I have a close friend in the EZ world that is a world record holder. He actually deigned the wheel pants Sam uses. My friend did encourage me to look at SAMs cowl, but in the end, for me at least, it was not worth it.

Hope this helps.
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

N38CW

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am curious whether the Show Planes cowl would be any different?
I am not as far along as I should be on my -8 build built I am planning to use the stock Van's cowl although I have always liked the look of the James cowl also. I have a heard a couple of other times about the James cowl being more work and I was wondering if anyone knew if the Show Planes cowl was any different?
Thanks,
Bill

"Experience and common sense cannot be replaced with policy and procedures."

- R.L. Nuckolls III

To: "rv8-list(at)matronics.com" <rv8-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:28 AM

Hi Carl
I am in the last stages of my RV8 build. I deleted the stock Vans cowl and it was a big mistake. I am a big fan of Sam James, but with the RV 8 there are two problems.

1. you wll have to use a prop extension with his 8 cowl. Sam does not currently make a short version for the 8 like he does for the 7.

2. The Cowl is a lot more work and it's advantages are not that great . it does look cool but in the end after surveying many I found the standard cowl is pretty good.

3. EVERY mod you make to the Vans kit will increase your building time exponentially.
John Thocker of Red Line air shows has built at least 3 RV 8 s and helped with many more. His standard advice is build it like Van said to and you will be fine.

I have a close friend in the EZ world that is a world record holder. He actually deigned the wheel pants Sam uses. My friend did encourage me to look at SAMs cowl, but in the end, for me at least, it was not worth it.

Hope this helps.On Tuesday, August 30, 2016, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

Laz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Hi Carl
I talked with Sam himself about the prop extension.  He seemed to think there is no basis for concern.  I am using a whirlwind 200.  I will be doing some "gentleman" aerobatics.  I Sam had offered a short version of the cowl I would have used his.  You are more experienced that I with the 10 you built.   I do have one story for you.
A few years ago I ran into a guy who had just finished his 8.  It had all the mods, James cowl, grove gear, electronic ignition and more than I could mention.  His son built just a straight 8 with no mods.  He said the real world difference was very small and he would not bother with all the mods again , except for the Ignition. 
Having said all this the James cowl looks great. 
I have planned my RV8 to be as simple and clean as [possible.  I just finished my Garmin G3X installation.  IFR.  I am very pleased with Garmin so far and would do that again.  The 8 is tight on panel space but I managed to fit a 10" touch, 650 com and a GRT Mini as a back up. 
Mike
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

I built the RV-10 with the James Cowl and I’m happy with the performance.  I configured the plane for high altitude long range cruise and the James Cowl has contributed to the results.  I note Will James stop offering the RV-10 cowl as a few builders had issues.

What worries me more than the extra work is the required 2.5” prop extension. I understand why Will James does this and I agree with the concept, but the prop hanging out there worried me about engine crank bearing load.  I talked to BPE about this and they told me it is not a problem.

So my root question remains.  I understand the downside of the cowl but I would like a feed from those running one on how they see it impacting performance.

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Michael Lazarowicz
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com (rv8-list(at)matronics.com)

Hi Carl

I am in the last stages of my RV8 build.  I deleted the stock Vans cowl and it was a big mistake.  I am a big fan of Sam James, but with the RV 8 there are two problems.

1. you wll have to use a prop extension with his 8 cowl.  Sam does not currently make a short version for the 8 like he does for the 7.

2. The Cowl is a lot more work and it's advantages are not that great .  it does look cool but in the end after surveying many I found the standard cowl is pretty good.

3.  EVERY mod you make to the Vans kit will increase your building time exponentially.

John Thocker of Red Line air shows has built at least 3 RV 8 s and helped with many more.  His standard advice is build it like Van said to and you will be fine.

I have a close friend in the EZ world that is a world record holder.  He actually deigned the wheel pants Sam uses.  My friend did encourage me to look at SAMs cowl, but in the end, for me at least, it was not worth it.

Hope this helps.
I’m just about ready to drop the order to Van’s for a slow build RV-8 kit.  I’m already working the empennage so I figure with the eight week time line for shipment I need to move forward.

I’m looking to use a James Cowl.  As such I need to delete the standard Van’s cowl in my order.  So – looking for recommendations of the RV-8 James Cowl group – yes or no?

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Thanks Michael.

All feed so far is “do what you want but it makes little difference”.  I was hoping to confirm the cruise efficiency gain I have on my RV-10 for the RV-8, but no one has made the case.

I thought about doing the James plenum with the stock Van’s cowl – and all the associated surgery needed to fit the inlets.  I like the plenum on the RV-10 so I’m still considering this as a compromise.

Interesting comment on the G3X.  I have installed three full SkyView systems and they have been great for IFR work (using the GTN-650 for the GPS navigator) and the Dynon support is second to none.  I looked at the G3X touch panels in the new demo RV-14 and figured Garmin deserves at least a look.  Doing apples to apples the Garmin is ~$1-$2K more than a dual screen SkyView total system so pricing is about the same.  Garmin does add the $150/month subscription cost that Dynon provides free.  So it looks like both companies are marketing to the same crowd and keeping the pricing close.  After consideration however I reflect back on the miserable after the sale service on my GTN-650 and will again go with Dynon SkyView.  I know the G3X stuff is a different group at Garmin but they all wear the same shirt.

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Michael Lazarowicz
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:20 PM

Hi Carl

I talked with Sam himself about the prop extension. He seemed to think there is no basis for concern. I am using a whirlwind 200. I will be doing some "gentleman" aerobatics. I Sam had offered a short version of the cowl I would have used his. You are more experienced that I with the 10 you built. I do have one story for you.

A few years ago I ran into a guy who had just finished his 8. It had all the mods, James cowl, grove gear, electronic ignition and more than I could mention. His son built just a straight 8 with no mods. He said the real world difference was very small and he would not bother with all the mods again , except for the Ignition.

I have planned my RV8 to be as simple and clean as [possible. I just finished my Garmin G3X installation. IFR. I am very pleased with Garmin so far and would do that again. The 8 is tight on panel space but I managed to fit a 10" touch, 650 com and a GRT Mini as a back up.

Mike

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

I built the RV-10 with the James Cowl and I’m happy with the performance. I configured the plane for high altitude long range cruise and the James Cowl has contributed to the results. I note Will James stop offering the RV-10 cowl as a few builders had issues.

What worries me more than the extra work is the required 2.5” prop extension. I understand why Will James does this and I agree with the concept, but the prop hanging out there worried me about engine crank bearing load. I talked to BPE about this and they told me it is not a problem.

So my root question remains. I understand the downside of the cowl but I would like a feed from those running one on how they see it impacting performance.

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Michael Lazarowicz

Hi Carl

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

Laz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Garmin offers a bundle software update for 150 per year for the G3X touch.  To Garmin's Credit there support has been great so far.  I guess its all in just what your individual tastes are.  The big mover for me was the Garmin autopilot.  It is about half the price of the others and the brackets to install it in the  RV8 make it a breeze.  I am also fond of the Garmin heated pitot tube.  Its about the half or more than others and seems to be made well.  I also like the Remote mounted transponder.  Like I said the 8 is a tough fit.  all this helps.
I guess in my case you should consider the source.  I have never flow my 8 yet. so my advise is only on the building side.  The Last plane I flew IFR was the A330 and it has, in my opinion, one of the best flight decks in the business.  
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Michael.

All feed so far is “do what you want but it makes little difference”.  I was hoping to confirm the cruise efficiency gain I have on my RV-10 for the RV-8, but no one has made the case.

I thought about doing the James plenum with the stock Van’s cowl – and all the associated surgery needed to fit the inlets.  I like the plenum on the RV-10 so I’m still considering this as a compromise.

Interesting comment on the G3X.  I have installed three full SkyView systems and they have been great for IFR work (using the GTN-650 for the GPS navigator) and the Dynon support is second to none.  I looked at the G3X touch panels in the new demo RV-14 and figured Garmin deserves at least a look.  Doing apples to apples the Garmin is ~$1-$2K more than a dual screen SkyView total system so pricing is about the same.  Garmin does add the $150/month subscription cost that Dynon provides free.  So it looks like both companies are marketing to the same crowd and keeping the pricing close.  After consideration however I reflect back on the miserable after the sale service on my GTN-650 and will again go with Dynon SkyView.  I know the G3X stuff is a different group at Garmin but they all wear the same shirt.

Carl

Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 12:20 PM

Hi Carl

I talked with Sam himself about the prop extension.  He seemed to think there is no basis for concern.  I am using a whirlwind 200.  I will be doing some "gentleman" aerobatics.  I Sam had offered a short version of the cowl I would have used his.  You are more experienced that I with the 10 you built.   I do have one story for you.

A few years ago I ran into a guy who had just finished his 8.  It had all the mods, James cowl, grove gear, electronic ignition and more than I could mention.  His son built just a straight 8 with no mods.  He said the real world difference was very small and he would not bother with all the mods again , except for the Ignition. 

I have planned my RV8 to be as simple and clean as [possible.  I just finished my Garmin G3X installation.  IFR.  I am very pleased with Garmin so far and would do that again.  The 8 is tight on panel space but I managed to fit a 10" touch, 650 com and a GRT Mini as a back up. 

Mike

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

Carl

Hi Carl

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

Michael Wynn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Hi Carl,

I built a slow build RV-8 with the James Cowl. Michael's statements about additional build time are correct. On the other hand, my cooling is exceptional and the longer nose looks good. Very hard to say if my bird is faster or not, but I haven't really had any problems with it. I have a 4" saber extension and used a three blade Catto prop. Very smooth. I have since changed to a Hartzell constant speed but am very pleased with the James Cowl. I would probably do it again if I were building again.

Regards,

Michael Wynn

In a message dated 8/31/2016 7:24:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net writes:
Quote:

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

I built the RV-10 with the James Cowl and I’m happy with the performance. I configured the plane for high altitude long range cruise and the James Cowl has contributed to the results. I note Will James stop offering the RV-10 cowl as a few builders had issues.

What worries me more than the extra work is the required 2.5” prop extension. I understand why Will James does this and I agree with the concept, but the prop hanging out there worried me about engine crank bearing load. I talked to BPE about this and they told me it is not a problem.

So my root question remains. I understand the downside of the cowl but I would like a feed from those running one on how they see it impacting performance.

Carl

Hi Carl

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed Michael.

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of MLWynn(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2016 10:31 AM

Hi Carl,

I built a slow build RV-8 with the James Cowl. Michael's statements about additional build time are correct. On the other hand, my cooling is exceptional and the longer nose looks good. Very hard to say if my bird is faster or not, but I haven't really had any problems with it. I have a 4" saber extension and used a three blade Catto prop. Very smooth. I have since changed to a Hartzell constant speed but am very pleased with the James Cowl. I would probably do it again if I were building again.

Regards,

Michael Wynn

In a message dated 8/31/2016 7:24:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net) writes:
Quote:

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

Carl

Hi Carl

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

Laz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Mike Wyn makes the point well.  If you like the James Cowl. you should do it, Particularly since you have done one on your RV10.
I am experiencing a very frustrating problem with my G3X installation.  Everything is working well except fro one notable exception.  The 23 ES transponder doe not want to talk to the AHARS GDU25.  If you are familiar with the G3X system it checks all the connected devises on the configuration page.  IF they are working you get a green check mark in the box next to the device in the configuration mode.  Te only one that does not get the check is the Transponder a 23ES.  I get a red X.  There is no communication between it and the 25.  I have checked the connection (only three wires) so many times I can see the pin numbers in my sleep.
Garmin support has been great.  I sent them screen shots of all the relevant pages and they could see no errors.  I comes down to three possibility's  1.  Wired wrong, I have checked it every way I know how to the point of even running new wires directly between the units.  2.  The transponder is bad.  Garmin sent me a new unit.  Same problem.  3.  The GDU25 is bad.  Garmin is sending me a new one. 
Christer at Stein Air has been there helping me all the way.  I cannot say enough about his support.  I did have Stein produce a master interconnect drawing for my installation.  It was worth penny.  I believe all my wiring is Ok.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?
Mike

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of MLWynn(at)aol.com (MLWynn(at)aol.com)

Hi Carl,

I built a slow build RV-8 with the James Cowl.  Michael's statements about additional build time are correct.  On the other hand, my cooling is exceptional and the longer nose looks good.  Very hard to say if my bird is faster or not, but I haven't really had any problems with it.  I have a 4" saber extension and used a three blade Catto prop.  Very smooth.  I have since changed to a Hartzell constant speed but am very pleased with the James Cowl.  I would probably do it again if I were building again.

Regards,

Michael Wynn

In a message dated 8/31/2016 7:24:45 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net) writes:
Quote:

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

Carl

Hi Carl

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

scottclarkson(at)optonlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: James Cowl Reply with quote

Hello All,
It's been a number of years since I completed my RV-8 but I installed the James cowl and did it without the prop spacer. I had met Sam James at Sun N Fun and after an hour of conversation I committed to buy his set up. The ironic part of our conversation was we talked about all aspects of the install...except the fact that it needed the prop extension. After received it and realizing my situation I searched the Internet high and low and found and spoke with John Huft from Colorado. He installed the James cowl minus prop extension on his -8 so I emulated his set up. He was more than willing to share his install so I decided if he pulled it off so could I. The task was monumental. It required cutting off and re-profiling the entire front of the cowl and reworking it for a seamless flow with the 200RV spinner. A slight blister for the starter was required as well as cutting apart the plenum and lowering it all the way down to the lift ring. I also had to make clearance!
for the Sky Dynamics 4-1 exhaust collector and installed a ram air butterfly for the intake. I also used a Sky Dynamics adapter to reposition the fuel injector servo to horizontal but I had to cut and reweld it to line up with the cowl intake. Custom mixture and throttle bracket, sanding, swearing, filling, more sanding, on and on.
The result? Superb cooling in the AZ heat, great looking, and no two place RV can touch it. Definitely a rewarding feeling but a huge undertaking.

Scott Clarkson
N360SC

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 1, 2016, at 7:53 PM, Michael Lazarowicz <tllaz330(at)gmail.com (tllaz330(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Mike Wyn makes the point well. If you like the James Cowl. you should do it, Particularly since you have done one on your RV10.
I am experiencing a very frustrating problem with my G3X installation. Everything is working well except fro one notable exception. The 23 ES transponder doe not want to talk to the AHARS GDU25. If you are familiar with the G3X system it checks all the connected devises on the configuration page. IF they are working you get a green check mark in the box next to the device in the configuration mode. Te only one that does not get the check is the Transponder a 23ES. I get a red X. There is no communication between it and the 25. I have checked the connection (only three wires) so many times I can see the pin numbers in my sleep.
Garmin support has been great. I sent them screen shots of all the relevant pages and they could see no errors. I comes down to three possibility's 1. Wired wrong, I have checked it every way I know how to the point of even running new wires directly between the units. 2. The transponder is bad. Garmin sent me a new unit. Same problem. 3. The GDU25 is bad. Garmin is sending me a new one.
Christer at Stein Air has been there helping me all the way. I cannot say enough about his support. I did have Stein produce a master interconnect drawing for my installation. It was worth penny. I believe all my wiring is Ok. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?
Mike

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Carl Froehlich <carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net (carl.froehlich(at)verizon.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Carl

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of MLWynn(at)aol.com (MLWynn(at)aol.com)

Hi Carl,

Regards,

Michael Wynn

Quote:

Michael,

Thanks for the feed.

Carl

Hi Carl

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Carl
RV-8A, sold
RV-8, tail kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: