Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 Cylinder P Mag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

Has anyone received a P Mag yet? Really interested in hearing how they work. The 4 Cylinder version seems to be fine.
Albert Gardner
RV-10 N991RV
Yuma, AZ
PS: Wonder if they make an asbestos covered model for Arizona

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

whodja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

I'm also interested to know. Has anyone used the Sure Fly electronic
Ignition?

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

flysrv10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

Albert,
Seems like we are all waiting for the Pmag. Last sun/fun, I spotted Surefly electronic ignition across from Pmag's booth. You might want to look into the product. There are differences between the two, one being that Surefly is available right now.
Do not archive.

Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 3, 2016, at 10:55 PM, Albert <ibspud(at)roadrunner.com (ibspud(at)roadrunner.com)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Has anyone received a P Mag yet? Really interested in hearing how they work. The 4 Cylinder version seems to be fine.
Albert Gardner
RV-10 N991RV
Yuma, AZ

flysrv10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

They offered one of the first models to me. I chickened out since I travel long distances, mostly on the weekends, and did not want to be stranded. I will be talking to them again at sun/fun. One RV 10 has the product but I have not been able to connect.

Do not archive.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Sep 4, 2016, at 6:06 AM, whodja <whodja(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I'm also interested to know. Has anyone used the Sure Fly electronic
Ignition?

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=460238#460238

whodja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

I spoke with them at Oshkosh this year and learned enough to peak my interest. They recommend 1 and a mag. I discussed the advantages of this
but I wanted to hear from others that have taken the plunge.

Lenny Iszak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

SureFly recently published the advance curve for their ignition (it's on the front page of their website) and it seems a bit more aggressive than other popular electronic ignitions. The bummer is that the curve is not changeable.
It sure seems like a quick and easy mag replacement since it connects right up to the Slick harness like a mag.
I have a Lightspeed and been thinking that it would be nice to get rid of my mag, but if I get stuck somewhere I'd rather have a broken magneto that almost any shop can fix or at least sell me parts for it, than be grounded until i receive a replacement for the SureFly. Then again, the SureFly pops right out and I can borrow a mag and get going.
I'll just stick to my current setup for now.

Lenny

jmjones2000(at)mindspring

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: 6 Cylinder P Mag Reply with quote

Don't forget about the G3i or EFII for ignition options.
The G3i ignition uses your current magneto and adapts a MSD6 or MSD6AL ignition box to it. It retains the magneto function if 12V is removed from the system and it provides a high energy electronic ignition when 12v is available. Tom is a friend and provides great customer service.
www.g3ignition.com
The EFII by Robert Paisley can also utilized to replace a single Mag, both mags, and or the entire fuel injection / ignition system can be utilized. It is a modular system and can components can be added later if desired. Robert is also known for his stellar customer service and support.
www.flyefii.com
I am using the EFII system and love it. I have 2 alternators (1 belt driven and 1 vacuum pad driven) for redundancy. During my runup, I only get a 10 rpm drop when I shut off one coil pack at a time. Impressive performance. His systems are used on many birds at the Reno Air Races.
Hope this helps
Justin

On Sep 3, 2016, at 20:55, Albert <ibspud(at)roadrunner.com (ibspud(at)roadrunner.com)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Albert Gardner
RV-10 N991RV
Yuma, AZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: