Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headset jacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digidocs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

Hi list,

I've been thinking of locating my front headset jacks on the outside edges of the panel switch bar and the rear jacks at the forward edge of the outboard "armrest" panels.
How did the jacks you installed work out?  Are there any changes you wish that you made prior to drilling?
Thanks for the help,
David

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
flying-nut(at)cfl.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

Originally I had the jacks mounted on the switch panel. My other planes
have the jacks close to the same place. On the other planes I have to
drape the cords so they're out of the way for entry and egress. PITA
for me. So, I placed the jacks on the tunnel cover for both front and
rear about where the hips would sit so they'd be out of the way . I
wired the switch panel jacks direct to radios for emergency use in case
the intercom went belly up.. Headsets will hang from my overhead
console so they would be out of the way for entrance and egress. I'm not
flying yet so I don't know if my thought process is good or not.
Linn

On 9/12/2016 11:57 AM, David Carr wrote:
Quote:
Hi list,

I've been thinking of locating my front headset jacks on the outside
edges of the panel switch bar and the rear jacks at the forward edge
of the outboard "armrest" panels.

How did the jacks you installed work out? Are there any changes you
wish that you made prior to drilling?

Thanks for the help,
David

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

carl.froehlich(at)verizon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

I used two of these for the front: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/forbes5.php?clickkey=3041841

One is located on each side of the tunnel, just forward of the seat.  I like the jacks here as the headset cord is not going over your lap or legs.  In the back I mounted the jacks on the flap cover, just outboard of the tunnel on each side.  Same idea – the cords do not cross over your lap or legs.

I’m happy on how they worked out.

Carl

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of David Carr
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 11:58 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Headset jacks

Hi list,

I've been thinking of locating my front headset jacks on the outside edges of the panel switch bar and the rear jacks at the forward edge of the outboard "armrest" panels.

How did the jacks you installed work out? Are there any changes you wish that you made prior to drilling?

Thanks for the help,

David

Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

That's the way I did it. I was thinking of getting the  rear plugs in a position so that it would be difficult to break them. Abby's interior package had  some room from plugs on the armrests, maybe lots others did the same. I don't ride back there much but none have been broken. Up front extra cords can be tucked into side pockets.
Albert Gardner
RV-10 N991RV
Yuma, AZ

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of David Carr
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 8:58 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Headset jacks

Hi list,

How did the jacks you installed work out? Are there any changes you wish that you made prior to drilling?

Thanks for the help,

David

jesse(at)saintaviation.co

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

That's exactly what I recommend.

Jesse Saint
Saint Aviation, Inc.
352-427-0285
jesse(at)saintaviation.com

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2016, at 12:34 PM, Linn Walters <flying-nut(at)cfl.rr.com> wrote:

Originally I had the jacks mounted on the switch panel. My other planes have the jacks close to the same place. On the other planes I have to drape the cords so they're out of the way for entry and egress. PITA for me. So, I placed the jacks on the tunnel cover for both front and rear about where the hips would sit so they'd be out of the way . I wired the switch panel jacks direct to radios for emergency use in case the intercom went belly up.. Headsets will hang from my overhead console so they would be out of the way for entrance and egress. I'm not flying yet so I don't know if my thought process is good or not.
Linn

> On 9/12/2016 11:57 AM, David Carr wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been thinking of locating my front headset jacks on the outside edges of the panel switch bar and the rear jacks at the forward edge of the outboard "armrest" panels.
>
> How did the jacks you installed work out? Are there any changes you wish that you made prior to drilling?
>
> Thanks for the help,
> David

Dave Saylor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

David,

My jacks are pretty much as you're describing. The fears work out fine but I wish my front jacks were more towards the center. The cords can be a hassle getting in and out. 
No matter where you but them, be sure they're easy to see in flight without having to crane around too much. 
--Dave

On Monday, September 12, 2016, David Carr <junk(at)dcarr.org (junk(at)dcarr.org)> wrote:
Quote:
Hi list,

How did the jacks you installed work out?  Are there any changes you wish that you made prior to drilling?
Thanks for the help,
David

Mauledriver(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Headset jacks Reply with quote

Here's what I did in the front seats to accommodate powered Bose jacks and regular jacks.  It has worked great.

Front Jacks mounted on side walls

What's not shown are the hooks mounted out of sight on the side walls near the rudder pedals.  When not in  use, the headsets are hung there, out of the sun and mostly out of sight.  It keeps the cables out of the way for entry and exit though they do lay on the floor.  Even new passengers have no trouble returning the headset to the hook even though the hook itself can't be seen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: