Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

control cables and a tip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlm34077(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: control cables and a tip Reply with quote

In June of 2015, I contacted Aircraft Spruce and it was suggested that they could get me some Vans customized control cables for the throttle quadrant. These cables had Teflon cores with a melt point of 650F. I purchased a set for about $550 in June 2015. I awaited an opportune time to install. Although I did not know it at the time I was told later that the warranty was for 1 year. I installed them in April 2016 when the engine was off the aircraft. Throttle and prop cables are working fine but the mixture started jamming in February 2017 and jammed completely in March 2017 ((at)104TT). I contacted Spruce and was told that they were out of warranty; their purchasing people promised to call and provide the contact at the factory but never did. I was able to get the number from another source and called ACS products. I sent them the old mixture cable and they "fixed" it and returned it to me without charge. The ACS cables with Teflon cores seemed to be a good product. Their products are available through Wicks or direct. We will see how the Teflon cores handle the heat between the aft baffling and the firewall which only goes higher after shutdown. I always try to remember to open the oil door after shutdown to vent extra heat.
As an addition to my previous TIPs sheet
It was suggested by an IA that some of these engine shops do and charge what they please regardless of instructions as long as the total invoice after insurance reimbursement will make the extra charges uneconomic for litigation purposes. "You always learn more than you ever wanted to know"

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: