Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: Red Stars arrival at Sun N Fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jblake207(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Fwd: Red Stars arrival at Sun N Fun Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've only heard form a couple who plan to do the Red Stars Warbird Arrival on Tuesday and that was via voice. I'd really like to make a good showing at SNF next Tuesday for the Red Stars. I don't want to do a "Mass Arrival" with three airplanes... so relook your calendars and plan to rally at Brookville on Tuesday. Also let me know if you want to order a lunch from the Crazy Cuban Restaurant - send me an email with your choice of food. I need to get the order in on Monday. Saber

To: "Jon Blake" <jblake207(at)comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:42:13 PM
Subject: Red Stars arrival at Sun N Fun

Hey folks,

Here's the timeline for the Red Stars Warbird Arrival at Sun N Fun next Tuesday. Last year it was only Pappy, John Ford ,and me. Pappy is flying with the Collins Foundation and unable to attend SNF, so I'll lead the flight into the target area. Some of our RPA brethren on the Left Coast said we are trying to "Make the RPA Great Again" so let's not disappoint. I'll buy each of you a new sports car if you'll make this RPA Warbird Arrival and fly with us this year - I promise! I'm coming from Alabama and will arrive BKV late morning to arrange ground transportation and services. So, whether you're coming from home base or planning to fly out from Lakeland, need you to make the arrival times below.

Timeline:
Arrival at BKV NLT 1100 (if you want to join the gang for lunch)
1100-1130: Fuel and service airplanes
1130-1245: Lunch in the FBO (The "Crazy Cuban" restaurant* - Great Food! *See instructions below*)
Arrival at BKV NLT 1230 (if not joining for lunch)
1300-1345: Pilot's briefing in the FBO
1345-1400: Final prep for flight
1400-1420: Crank, commo ck, taxi and line up
1420-1430: Take off, form up and departure for KLAL (40NM)
1430-1500: Enroute to holding at KLAL
1524: Time on target at KLAL
1524-1600: Flybys (Any straight YAKs should watch fuel state... adjust as necessary)
1600: EOM and Recovery
1630-UTC: Debrief at RPA HQ (AKA Mills' RV and saloon)

LUNCH at Brookville. Pappy found a great Cuban restaurant last year and the FBO folks will pick up and deliver to the FBO, so if you're going to eat lunch make your selection off the menu at the below link, send it to me and I'll coordinate with the FBO to pick up and deliver. I'll pay with my CC and collect from you later. I recommend adding a 20% tip to the line guy who delivers. http://thecrazycuban.net/index.html Scroll down for lunch menu.

Don't forget to purchase dinner tickets ahead of time for Craig Payne's "Sprint 40 Dinner" $15 on Wednesday night. https://17021.blackbaudhosting.com/17021/tickets?tab=3&txobjid=9a145ab6-d877-4133-861d-03bda669f446
Let me know if you're planning to have dinner at the RPA HQ (AKA: Mills' Bar and Grill RV) on Thursday night. They'll collect funds on Thursday morning for steaks and fixings. You should see his new grill... bigger than a RV6.

Here's the link to the SNF NOTAM: http://d2uowj5bno3yjz.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/06135654/SnF2017NOTAM-Initial-Release.pdf.

So as not to spam everyone on the list, I'll send the power point pilot briefing to only those who RSVP that are going to participate in the Warbird Arrival on Tuesday.

To close... Let me know if you're planning to participate in the Red Stars Warbird Arrival and I'll send you the Read Ahead for the pilot's briefing. Oh, and GIBs are permitted on the Warbird Arrival.

See you next week at Sun N Fun!

Saber

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: