Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sun and Fun 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2017 Reply with quote

Got gear stacked in the living room ready for departure. Bag full of MREs and energy bars. Last night I checked out my most important piece of equipment, my pack stove. Without it I don't get coffee, I use Folgers Coffee Bags (like tea bags). When I take Mountain House Freeze Dried meals, I need two cups of boiling water to reconstitute them. Also topped off the fuel bottle. I have 1 liter and 1.5 liter fuel bottles to carry my naphtha (Coleman Fuel). For the one week trip to Lakeland I can get by with the smaller 1 liter bottle.
Set up the tent in the front yard this afternoon. Learned that long time ago. Finding an unserviceable tent after a long day, when you're ready to go to bed, ain't much fun. If you don't use your tent but once or twice a year, it is a good exercise to familiarize yourself with erection procedure now (don't laugh) rather than try to relearn with an audience at Sun and Fun. Wink
john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama
<<...>>

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

DSCN0506.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.5 MB
 Viewed:  1864 Time(s)

DSCN0506.JPG

Titus, Alabama
undoctor(at)rcn.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2017 Reply with quote

Have a nice trip, John. I'm envious of you.
Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On March 31, 2017 6:48:56 PM "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:
Quote:

Got gear stacked in the living room ready for departure. Bag full of MREs and energy bars. Last night I checked out my most important piece of equipment, my pack stove. Without it I don't get coffee, I use Folgers Coffee Bags (like tea bags). When I take Mountain House Freeze Dried meals, I need two cups of boiling water to reconstitute them. Also topped off the fuel bottle. I have 1 liter and 1.5 liter fuel bottles to carry my naphtha (Coleman Fuel). For the one week trip to Lakeland I can get by with the smaller 1 liter bottle.
Set up the tent in the front yard this afternoon. Learned that long time ago. Finding an unserviceable tent after a long day, when you're ready to go to bed, ain't much fun. If you don't use your tent but once or twice a year, it is a good exercise to familiarize yourself with erection procedure now (don't laugh) rather than try to relearn with an audience at Sun and Fun. Wink
john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama
<<...>>

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Hauck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2017 Reply with quote

Talked to Bryan Melborn yesterday. Kolb Company was set up and ready to go in Lakeland. He has a spot reserved for me and Miss P'fer for the week.

Almost ready to go. Don't know why it takes so much stuff to survive a few days at Sun and Fun, but it does. One doesn't have to train to be miserable, so I take all the things I need to be comfortable. I tie down the MKIII in the Kolb display area and put my tent up under the wing. It is super convenient for me. Don't have to go anywhere and all my stuff I need to live is right where I am located.
It is 415 sm from Gantt International Airport to Lakeland, about 5.0 hours flight time. I make one fuel stop in Cross City, Florida. That gives me enough gas to fly to Lakeland and return to Cross City to refuel on the way home. They always have free hot dogs and usually cheaper av gas, so I get lunch both ways.
Weather is a little iffy when I get down southeast of Tallahassee, Florida. I'm mentally prepared to take my time, find a comfortable place to hang out if I do encounter thunder storms. This is a fun flight, no hurry, and no deadline to make. The air show at Lakeland tends to be aggravating at times. It usually lasts from 1400 to 1700 hours. Can't land during that time frame. Also, the field is Day VFR only which is good until 2011 eastern time today. I can take my time and enjoy my flight.
The NOTAM for Paradise City says Day VFR Only. I printed out a copy of the data from the Naval Observatory to back me up if I come into Lakeland as late as 2011 tonight. Also printed out a copy of the Paradise City NOTAM. Usually I get, from the volunteers that run the airfield, no flying after 1900 hours. Got to have my ammo in case they decide to attack me, which they do at times. Wink

Time go.
john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: