Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SE Region Update and next events news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jblake207(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: SE Region Update and next events news Reply with quote

Red Stars,

First, Sun N Fun was fun and a huge success! Thanks to all who participated, especially those who flew in the show or Red Stars Warbird arrival. The Airboss called me later and specifically complimented us… so good on ya. A very special thanks goes out to Bill “Pirate” and Kim “Heels” Mills for hosting the RPA Headquarters… AKA “Pirate’s Bar and Grill.” They cooked for us each day, made sure there was plenty to drink (adult and otherwise) in short, the perfect hosts for the 5th year running. Thank you Kim and Bill.

Next, I’d like to propose an idea to help keep our formation skills honed and provide an opportunity for those seeking training to get the attention they may need. I propose a series of informal clinics scattered throughout the Southeast Region this summer and this fall. The idea would be to gather at someone’s home field for the day, brief and fly, brief and fly, brief and fly… The guy hosting would help with the local logistics like ground transportation, water and lunch, but not necessarily pay for it. Actually a very simple concept; just gather and flying for the day. So to start, I’ll volunteer for the month of May. We gather at Enterprise, AL (KEDN) early on Saturday morning May 13th about 0900 Central Time and try to get in at least two hops before lunch. I’ll have lunch delivered and you can pay me later. We try to get one or two more hops after lunch and then depart for home about 1700ish. Four airplanes would be good… eight would be great! I can get a small discount on 100LL and there’s plenty of ramp space and briefing room. Who’s in? Email me back if you can make it. Now who’s going to volunteer to host in June? I propose June 24th… but up to you. July?

In June there’s a Shoals warbird weekend at Muscle Shoals Airport (KMSL) in support of a fund raiser event for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Concept of ops goes like this… Arrivals Friday, June 9, lunch and dinner on your own, Transportation is provided. Saturday static displays as desired and formation flying, lunch and dinner are provided. Flying schedule on Saturday is from 9 AM until 4 PM. 6 PM to 9 PM dinner and a special guest speaker… John “Thud” Casper.” Bio to follow. Departures on Sunday or more formation flying as desired. Limited amount of rooms available Friday and Saturday night going to those traveling farthest first and those who RSVP next. Fuel discount and 60 gallons of smoke oil. We have several check pilots attending, so if you show up with your rec ride completed and ready to take a check ride, we should be able to accommodate, but rides only…no training please. We’re expecting about 30 airplanes of all types, CJs and Yaks, T6, T34, TBM and more… so, don’t miss this great event.

Finally, mark your long range calendars with Oshkosh week of 23 July and then Swamp Fest 12-15 October. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to text or email me.

Saber

Jon Blake
jblake207(at)comcast.net

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Viperdoc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: SE Region Update and next events news Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Saber. I PM'd you on June. Can push to later if need.
Doc

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 21, 2017, at 3:27 PM, JON <jblake207(at)comcast.net (jblake207(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Red Stars,

First, Sun N Fun was fun and a huge success! Thanks to all who participated, especially those who flew in the show or Red Stars Warbird arrival. The Airboss called me later and specifically complimented us… so good on ya. A very special thanks goes out to Bill “Pirate” and Kim “Heels” Mills for hosting the RPA Headquarters… AKA “Pirate’s Bar and Grill.” They cooked for us each day, made sure there was plenty to drink (adult and otherwise) in short, the perfect hosts for the 5th year running. Thank you Kim and Bill.

Next, I’d like to propose an idea to help keep our formation skills honed and provide an opportunity for those seeking training to get the attention they may need. I propose a series of informal clinics scattered throughout the Southeast Region this summer and this fall. The idea would be to gather at someone’s home field for the day, brief and fly, brief and fly, brief and fly… The guy hosting would help with the local logistics like ground transportation, water and lunch, but not necessarily pay for it. Actually a very simple concept; just gather and flying for the day. So to start, I’ll volunteer for the month of May. We gather at Enterprise, AL (KEDN) early on Saturday morning May 13th about 0900 Central Time and try to get in at least two hops before lunch. I’ll have lunch delivered and you can pay me later. We try to get one or two more hops after lunch and then depart for home about 1700ish. Four airplanes would be good… eight would be great! I can get a small discount on 100LL and there’s plenty of ramp space and briefing room. Who’s in? Email me back if you can make it. Now who’s going to volunteer to host in June? I propose June 24th… but up to you. July?

In June there’s a Shoals warbird weekend at Muscle Shoals Airport (KMSL) in support of a fund raiser event for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Concept of ops goes like this… Arrivals Friday, June 9, lunch and dinner on your own, Transportation is provided. Saturday static displays as desired and formation flying, lunch and dinner are provided. Flying schedule on Saturday is from 9 AM until 4 PM. 6 PM to 9 PM dinner and a special guest speaker… John “Thud” Casper.” Bio to follow. Departures on Sunday or more formation flying as desired. Limited amount of rooms available Friday and Saturday night going to those traveling farthest first and those who RSVP next. Fuel discount and 60 gallons of smoke oil. We have several check pilots attending, so if you show up with your rec ride completed and ready to take a check ride, we should be able to accommodate, but rides only…no training please. We’re expecting about 30 airplanes of all types, CJs and Yaks, T6, T34, TBM and more… so, don’t miss this great event.

Finally, mark your long range calendars with Oshkosh week of 23 July and then Swamp Fest 12-15 October. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to text or email me.

Saber

Jon Blake
jblake207(at)comcast.net (jblake207(at)comcast.net)

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: