Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRIG TY96 and SmartASS 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remi Guerner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: TRIG TY96 and SmartASS 3 Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have just installed a new TY96 radio and a SmartASS 3 on my aircraft and I have the following problem: the voice from the SmartASS is so weak that it is barely audible. That is with the SmartAss potentiometer set to the maximum volume and the "AUX" input of the radio configured for max volume. Of course I am talking to TRIG and to Mark Burton to try to sort this out. I have checked my wiring at least a dozen times and did not find anything wrong.
Is there anyone who has installed a TY96 and SmartASS 3 ?
Regards
Remi Guerner

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: TRIG TY96 and SmartASS 3 Reply with quote

Yip, I have both, with no issues. In fact I am even running the S.A. Through a 10k resistor as I'm combining with the output from a Zion MRX PCAS (beeps) into the trig's aux in.

Your troubles seem odd for sure.

Cheers,
Pete
A239 soon to get into formation.

Quote:
On Feb 27, 2017, at 4:56 PM, Remi Guerner <air.guerner(at)orange.fr> wrote:

Hello all,
I have just installed a new TY96 radio and a SmartASS 3 on my aircraft and I have the following problem: the voice from the SmartASS is so weak that it is barely audible. That is with the SmartAss potentiometer set to the maximum volume and the "AUX" input of the radio configured for max volume. Of course I am talking to TRIG and to Mark Burton to try to sort this out. I have checked my wiring at least a dozen times and did not find anything wrong.
Regards
Remi Guerner

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=466721#466721

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dg.watts(at)talktalk.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: TRIG TY96 and SmartASS 3 Reply with quote

Hi Remi,

I have this configuration in my aircraft plus I also feed the output from my iPad/SkyDemon in to the "AUX" as well and everything comes through loud and clear with the AUX volume set at 3/4, the main Trig volume knob set at about 1/3 and the SmartASS volume at about 3/4.

Dave Watts
G-BXDY Classic Mono

Quote:
On 27 Feb 2017, at 21:56, Remi Guerner <air.guerner(at)orange.fr> wrote:

Hello all,
Regards
Remi Guerner

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=466721#466721

Remi Guerner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TRIG TY96 and SmartASS 3 Reply with quote

Thank you Dave and Pete,
I will return my SmartASS to Mark for investigation.
Remi

Remi Guerner

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: TRIG TY96 and SmartASS 3 Reply with quote

This is an update about the problem I had with the SmartASS 3 and TY96 radio. The symptom was an extremely weak audio signal from the SmartAss. After extensive investigation by Smart Avionics, TRIG and myself it appears that both the SmartAss and the TY96 were working properly and the culprit was my wiring of the radio audio output. The TY96 offers two options of wiring the audio output depending on whether you are using an audio panel/external intercom or the integrated intercom. What the Trig Manual does not say is when their "audio panel interconnect" schematic is used, then the radio AUX input is inoperative, as they assume that the AUX input of the audio panel/external intercom will be used instead. However for those who want to use the TY96 AUX input and an external intercom, there is one alternative solution: connect pins 2 and 3 together (those pins normally go to the pilot stereo headset) and use that as the mono audio output to the intercom, instead of using pin 7 per the manual. That may help future users of the TY96.
I want to add that both Smart Avionics and Trig were both very helpful at diagnosing the problem.
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: