Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Pump
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

There are many schools of thought. "Mine" is that my Facet pumps fuel
to the Mikuni pump, and from there to the engine. I have done so since
1997 with no problems using engines from 447-503-582 to HKS. I try to
keep it as simple as I can. Others may feel differently. Your choice.
Larry
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 1:19 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
Quote:

Does anyone pump in series (or through) their Mikuni fuel pump?
I ask as I had a wire break off my regulator and eventually lost all power to gauges, EIS and GPS before getting back to home field. It would have been a much shorter flight with only the Facet pump.

--------
West1m
Hastings, MN

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469643#469643

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email
address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I pump in series....
Boyd Young mkiii

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Richard Pike

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

The Mikuni is perfectly happy to have the Facet feed it, and just as happy when you turn the Facet off, because a properly functioning Mikuni will pull the fuel through a properly functioning (but turned off) Facet.

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
west1m

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Thanks, sounds like a good addition. I looked a t a couple specs on facets (maybe not the one earlier mentioned) browsing around. I saw lift specs as low as 12 inches. Where do you mount the pump? Just right outside the tank rails tank level?

west1m

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I just figured out that is probably a bad question as I have a Firefly with the small 5 gallon tank and is likely completely different than the larger Kolbs.

lcottrell

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I mounted mine on the boom tube in front of the tanks. Just be sure
that you get the facett pump that the recent discussion was about.
2-3 lbs or something like that.

Larry

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 6:09 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
Quote:

I just figured out that is probably a bad question as I have a Firefly with the small 5 gallon tank and is likely completely different than the larger Kolbs.

--------
West1m
Hastings, MN

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469654#469654

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email
address before sending.

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Thanks for asking the same question that I had about still using the pulse pump along with the facet electric pump. I like redundancy when it comes to aircraft fuel systems. And thanks all the good information that was generated

rickofudall

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

George, Congrats on the return to flight. Always good to hear that another Kolb is back in the air.I ran a Facet on my Mk III above the tanks, probably 20 inches of lift and never a problem. Just replumbed the fuel system on my HKS powered trike. A Facet in series with a Mikuni DF52. Flight tested it with a five minute climb at full power with the Facet off. The little HKS never missed a beat. Total lift for the Mikuni about 26 inches.
Safe flying,
Rick
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 8:56 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for asking the same question that I had about still using the pulse pump along with the facet electric pump. I like redundancy when it comes to aircraft fuel systems. And thanks all the good information that was generated.
 I ordered a new rectifier/ regulator, 24V 22000uf capacitor and a 40104 fuel pump last week and am waiting for everything to come. I'm going to run some lift tests before mounting the new pump simply because I would like to mount the facet pump above my fuel tank if it lifts sufficiently? Time will tell?
Oh yeah guys I flew my restored Firestar (original) yesterday! It was its first flight in 28 years and it was sweet.

George H.
Firestar #FS100
Mesick, Michigan
gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)

Have a great day!

> On May 27, 2017, at 3:19 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com (west1m(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
>
> --> Kolb-List message posted by: "west1m" <west1m(at)hotmail.com (west1m(at)hotmail.com)>
>
> Does anyone pump in series (or through) their Mikuni fuel pump?
> I ask as I had a wire break off my regulator and eventually lost all power to gauges, EIS and GPS before getting back to home field. It would have been a much shorter flight with only the Facet pump.
>
> --------
> West1m
> Hastings, MN
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469643#469643
>
>
>
>
>
>
===========
===========
===========
===========
===========
>
>
>

--
“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”   Groucho Marx

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Thanks, Rick! I was amazed on how well the little bird flew. It's good to back in a Kolb. Hopefully the weather up here in northern Michigan will finally decide to stop raining and give us fair winds and blue skies.
George H.
Firestar, #FS100
14GDH
Mesick, Mi.
Have a great day!

On May 28, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Richard Girard <aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com (aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
George, Congrats on the return to flight. Always good to hear that another Kolb is back in the air.I ran a Facet on my Mk III above the tanks, probably 20 inches of lift and never a problem. Just replumbed the fuel system on my HKS powered trike. A Facet in series with a Mikuni DF52. Flight tested it with a five minute climb at full power with the Facet off. The little HKS never missed a beat. Total lift for the Mikuni about 26 inches.
Safe flying,
Rick
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 8:56 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for asking the same question that I had about still using the pulse pump along with the facet electric pump. I like redundancy when it comes to aircraft fuel systems. And thanks all the good information that was generated.
I ordered a new rectifier/ regulator, 24V 22000uf capacitor and a 40104 fuel pump last week and am waiting for everything to come. I'm going to run some lift tests before mounting the new pump simply because I would like to mount the facet pump above my fuel tank if it lifts sufficiently? Time will tell?
Oh yeah guys I flew my restored Firestar (original) yesterday! It was its first flight in 28 years and it was sweet.

George H.
Firestar #FS100
Mesick, Michigan

Have a great day!

> On May 27, 2017, at 3:19 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com (west1m(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
>
> --> Kolb-List message posted by: "west1m" <west1m(at)hotmail.com (west1m(at)hotmail.com)>
>
> I ask as I had a wire break off my regulator and eventually lost all power to gauges, EIS and GPS before getting back to home field. It would have been a much shorter flight with only the Facet pump.
>
> --------
> West1m
> Hastings, MN
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
===========
===========
===========
===========
===========
>
>
>

--
“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.” Groucho Marx

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Question on installation of the 24V 22000uf capacitor do I just put it between the positive & negative posts on the battery or positive to ground at the Fuel pump? Thanks in advance. George H.

Have a great day!

On May 28, 2017, at 8:36 PM, Richard Girard <aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com (aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Safe flying,
Rick
Quote:

George H.
Firestar #FS100
Mesick, Michigan

Have a great day!

>
>
>
> --------
> West1m
> Hastings, MN
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
===========
===========
===========
===========
===========
>
>
>

--

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

This is thanks to you Kolbers who contributed to my request for information on the Facet fuel pump. I had to add an electrical system to my 1986 Firestar as I'd never really needed one before. I used pretty much all of your input. Here's what I came up with and it seems to work quite well.
I fabricated a mount plate that mounts to the aft cage section directly under the engine mounts. It's mounted using 4 ea. Steel with rubber insulated harness clamps. The mounting plate includes the rectifier/voltage regulator, Facet 40104 fuel pump, 25v22000uf capiciter and sealed lead acid Duracell 12 volt battery. I think the total cost was around $130.00 including wiring and a master power switch. Total weight came out to 3.8 pounds. Here's a couple of pictures. Before and after installation. Thank you all your help.
[img]cid:1AAC3692-A830-4FD1-AFB9-A06A4D034173[/img]
[img]cid:552E4821-85B3-4EBE-B875-909B6BCE2B6B[/img]
George H.
Firestar, FS#100
14GDH
Mesick, Michigan
Have a great day!

Quote:
Safe flying,
Rick
Quote:

George H.
Firestar #FS100
Mesick, Michigan

Have a great day!

>
>
>
> --------
> West1m
> Hastings, MN
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
===========
===========
===========
===========
===========
>
>
>

--

image1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  41.34 KB
 Viewed:  12081 Time(s)

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.92 KB
 Viewed:  12081 Time(s)

image2.JPG

victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

PLEASE be careful with having fuel lines and seals and connections just a few inches from a battery and electrical connections !

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 6/2/17, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Pump
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Friday, June 2, 2017, 3:22 PM

This is
thanks to you Kolbers who contributed to my request for
information on the Facet fuel pump. I had to add an
electrical system to my 1986 Firestar as I'd never
really needed one before. I used pretty much all of your
input. Here's what I came up with and it seems to work
quite well. I fabricated a mount
plate that mounts to the aft cage section directly under the
engine mounts. It's mounted using 4 ea. Steel with
rubber insulated harness clamps. The mounting plate includes
the rectifier/voltage regulator, Facet 40104 fuel pump,
25v22000uf capiciter and sealed lead acid Duracell 12 volt
battery. I think the total cost was around $130.00 including
wiring and a master power switch. Total weight came out to
3.8 pounds. Here's a couple of pictures. Before and
after installation. Thank you all your help.

George H.Firestar,
FS#10014GDHMesick,
Michigan gdhelton(at)gmail.comHave a great
day!
On May 28,
2017, at 8:36 PM, Richard Girard <aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com>
wrote:

George, Congrats on the
return to flight. Always good to hear that another Kolb is
back in the air.I ran a Facet on my Mk III above the
tanks, probably 20 inches of lift and never a problem. Just
replumbed the fuel system on my HKS powered trike. A Facet
in series with a Mikuni DF52. Flight tested it with a five
minute climb at full power with the Facet off. The little
HKS never missed a beat. Total lift for the Mikuni about 26
inches.Safe
flying,Rick
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at
8:56 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com>
wrote:
Thanks
for asking the same question that I had about still using
the pulse pump along with the facet electric pump. I like
redundancy when it comes to aircraft fuel systems. And
thanks all the good information that was generated.

I ordered a new rectifier/ regulator, 24V 22000uf
capacitor and a 40104 fuel pump last week and am waiting for
everything to come. I'm going to run some lift tests
before mounting the new pump simply because I would like to
mount the facet pump above my fuel tank if it lifts
sufficiently? Time will tell?

Oh yeah guys I flew my restored Firestar (original)
yesterday! It was its first flight in 28 years and it was
sweet.

George H.

Firestar #FS100

Mesick, Michigan

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

Have a great day!

> On May 27, 2017, at 3:19 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>

>
<west1m(at)hotmail.com>

>

> Does anyone pump in series (or through) their Mikuni
fuel pump?

> I ask as I had a wire break off my regulator and
eventually lost all power to gauges, EIS and GPS before
getting back to home field. It would have been a much
shorter flight with only the Facet pump.

>

> --------

> West1m

> Hastings, MN

>

>

>

>

>

> http://forums.matronics.com/
viewtopic.php?p=469643#469643

>

>

>

>

>

>

===== ======

===== ======

===== ======

===== ======

===== ======

>

>

>

--
“Blessed are
the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”   Groucho
Marx

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I still have heat shrink the terminal connections on the battery wires. Thanks for the reply. George H.
Have a great day!

Quote:
On Jun 2, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

PLEASE be careful with having fuel lines and seals and connections just a few inches from a battery and electrical connections !

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 6/2/17, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Pump
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Friday, June 2, 2017, 3:22 PM

This is
thanks to you Kolbers who contributed to my request for
information on the Facet fuel pump. I had to add an
electrical system to my 1986 Firestar as I'd never
really needed one before. I used pretty much all of your
input. Here's what I came up with and it seems to work
quite well. I fabricated a mount
plate that mounts to the aft cage section directly under the
engine mounts. It's mounted using 4 ea. Steel with
rubber insulated harness clamps. The mounting plate includes
the rectifier/voltage regulator, Facet 40104 fuel pump,
25v22000uf capiciter and sealed lead acid Duracell 12 volt
battery. I think the total cost was around $130.00 including
wiring and a master power switch. Total weight came out to
3.8 pounds. Here's a couple of pictures. Before and
after installation. Thank you all your help.

George H.Firestar,
FS#10014GDHMesick,
Michigan gdhelton(at)gmail.comHave a great
day!
On May 28,
2017, at 8:36 PM, Richard Girard <aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com>
wrote:

George, Congrats on the
return to flight. Always good to hear that another Kolb is
back in the air.I ran a Facet on my Mk III above the
tanks, probably 20 inches of lift and never a problem. Just
replumbed the fuel system on my HKS powered trike. A Facet
in series with a Mikuni DF52. Flight tested it with a five
minute climb at full power with the Facet off. The little
HKS never missed a beat. Total lift for the Mikuni about 26
inches.Safe
flying,Rick
On Sat, May 27, 2017 at
8:56 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com>
wrote:
Thanks
for asking the same question that I had about still using
the pulse pump along with the facet electric pump. I like
redundancy when it comes to aircraft fuel systems. And
thanks all the good information that was generated.

I ordered a new rectifier/ regulator, 24V 22000uf
capacitor and a 40104 fuel pump last week and am waiting for
everything to come. I'm going to run some lift tests
before mounting the new pump simply because I would like to
mount the facet pump above my fuel tank if it lifts
sufficiently? Time will tell?

Oh yeah guys I flew my restored Firestar (original)
yesterday! It was its first flight in 28 years and it was
sweet.

George H.

Firestar #FS100

Mesick, Michigan

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

Have a great day!

> On May 27, 2017, at 3:19 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com>
wrote:

>

>
<west1m(at)hotmail.com>

>

> Does anyone pump in series (or through) their Mikuni
fuel pump?

> I ask as I had a wire break off my regulator and
eventually lost all power to gauges, EIS and GPS before
getting back to home field. It would have been a much
shorter flight with only the Facet pump.

>

> --------

> West1m

> Hastings, MN

>

>

>

>

>

> http://forums.matronics.com/
viewtopic.php?p=469643#469643

>

>

>

>

>

>

===== ======

===== ======

===== ======

===== ======

===== ======

>

>

>

--
“Blessed are
the cracked, for they shall let in the light.” Groucho
Marx

mojaveclimber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

West1mI have flow my R582 powered Mk3 for four plus years operating in series with good result.  Tank to filter to electric powered pump to vacuum pulse pump to filters to carbs.  
On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:06 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)>

I still have heat shrink the terminal connections on the battery wires. Thanks for the reply. George H.

Have a great day!

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net (victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
>
> --> Kolb-List message posted by: Bill Berle <victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net (victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.net)>
>
> PLEASE be careful with having fuel lines and seals and connections just a few inches from a battery and electrical connections !
>
> Bill Berle
> www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
> www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities
>
> --------------------------------------------
> On Fri, 6/2/17, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: Re: Fuel Pump
> To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
> Date: Friday, June 2, 2017, 3:22 PM
>
> This is
> thanks to you Kolbers who contributed to my request for
> information on the Facet fuel pump. I had to add an
> electrical system to my 1986 Firestar as I'd never
> really needed one before. I used pretty much all of your
> input. Here's what I came up with and it seems to work
> quite well. I fabricated a mount
> plate that mounts to the aft cage section directly under the
> engine mounts. It's mounted using 4 ea. Steel with
> rubber insulated harness clamps. The mounting plate includes
> the rectifier/voltage regulator, Facet 40104 fuel pump,
> 25v22000uf capiciter and sealed lead acid Duracell 12 volt
> battery. I think the total cost was around $130.00 including
> wiring and a master power switch. Total weight came out to
> 3.8 pounds. Here's a couple of pictures. Before and
> after installation. Thank you all your help.
>
>
> George H.Firestar,
> FS#10014GDHMesick,
> Michigan gdhelton(at)gmail.comHave a great
> day!
> On May 28,
> 2017, at 8:36 PM, Richard Girard <aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com (aslsa.rng(at)gmail.com)>
> wrote:
>
> George, Congrats on the
> return to flight. Always good to hear that another Kolb is
> back in the air.I ran a Facet on my Mk III above the
> tanks, probably 20 inches of lift and never a problem. Just
> replumbed the fuel system on my HKS powered trike. A Facet
> in series with a Mikuni DF52. Flight tested it with a five
> minute climb at full power with the Facet off. The little
> HKS never missed a beat. Total lift for the Mikuni about 26
> inches.Safe
> flying,Rick
> On Sat, May 27, 2017 at
> 8:56 PM, George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)>
> wrote:
> Thanks
> for asking the same question that I had about still using
> the pulse pump along with the facet electric pump. I like
> redundancy when it comes to aircraft fuel systems. And
> thanks all the good information that was generated.
>
>  I ordered a new rectifier/ regulator, 24V 22000uf
> capacitor and a 40104 fuel pump last week and am waiting for
> everything to come. I'm going to run some lift tests
> before mounting the new pump simply because I would like to
> mount the facet pump above my fuel tank if it lifts
> sufficiently? Time will tell?
>
> Oh yeah guys I flew my restored Firestar (original)
> yesterday! It was its first flight in 28 years and it was
> sweet.
>
>
>
>
> George H.
>
> Firestar #FS100
>
> Mesick, Michigan
>
> gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)
>
>
>
> Have a great day!
>
>
>
>> On May 27, 2017, at 3:19 PM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com (west1m(at)hotmail.com)>
> wrote:
>
>>
>
>> --> Kolb-List message posted by: "west1m"
> <west1m(at)hotmail.com (west1m(at)hotmail.com)>
>
>>
>
>> Does anyone pump in series (or through) their Mikuni
> fuel pump?
>
>> I ask as I had a wire break off my regulator and
> eventually lost all power to gauges, EIS and GPS before
> getting back to home field. It would have been a much
> shorter flight with only the Facet pump.
>
>>
>
>> --------
>
>> West1m
>
>> Hastings, MN
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>> Read this topic online here:
>
>>
>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/
> viewtopic.php?p=469643#469643
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
> ===== ======
>
> ===== ======
>
> ===== ======
>
> ===== ======
>
> ===== ======
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> “Blessed are
> the cracked, for they shall let in the light.”   Groucho
> Marx
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

====================================
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

west1m

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Thanks for the input on plumbing. I think I will replace the squeeze bulb thingie with a facet. There should be a good place by the tank to mount it.

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I finished the installation of my Facet pump(#40140) this morning. I had put a electrical system in my Firestar because it never had one. I had heatshrink the exposed battery terminals. Didn't think want any change of sparkies around my pump and fuel lines.
Does anyone remember back in the 80's when we flew the Eipper MX's and MXL's with 5 gallons of fuel right over our heads and a screaming Cayuna or Rotax with its hot exhaust right behind us? They were a lot of fun!
George H.
Firestar, #FS100
14GDH
Mesick, Michigan
Do not archive

Have a great day!

Quote:
On Jun 3, 2017, at 10:10 AM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the input on plumbing. I think I will replace the squeeze bulb thingie with a facet. There should be a good place by the tank to mount it.

--------
West1m
Hastings, MN

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469809#469809

west1m

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I do remember the Eipper and the Cayuna. That was the engine that liked to quit at the most inopportune times. I had a Weedhopper before that with a single cyl motor hanging out on the end of a pole that just flopped back and forth on a couple for bolts. It two alligator clips that hooked to 6V lantern battery to run the Ford ignition coil.
http://www.west1m.com/flyin/index.html

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Good times.

Have a great day!

Quote:
On Jun 4, 2017, at 11:05 AM, west1m <west1m(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

I do remember the Eipper and the Cayuna. That was the engine that liked to quit at the most inopportune times. I had a Weedhopper before that with a single cyl motor hanging out on the end of a pole that just flopped back and forth on a couple for bolts. It two alligator clips that hooked to 6V lantern battery to run the Ford ignition coil.
http://www.west1m.com/flyin/index.html

--------
West1m
Hastings, MN

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=469822#469822

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: