Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

The afternoon of my last flight we had quite a bit of wind and a dry
Thunder storm that started a range fire. Luckily the BLM fire crew was
able to put it out before it got too far along. That is some pretty
rough country out there on the ground.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email
address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

burn_palomino_lake.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  412.45 KB
 Viewed:  12803 Time(s)

burn_palomino_lake.jpg

byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

I think they hurried to get it out with only that much burnt

Do not archive
Boyd
On Jun 29, 2017 11:39 AM, "Larry Cottrell" <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> The afternoon of my last flight we had quite a bit of wind and a dry
> Thunder storm that started a range fire. Luckily the BLM fire crew was
> able to put it out before it got too far along. That is some pretty
> rough country out there on the ground.
> Larry
>
>
> --
> The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.
>
> If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email
> address before sending.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

I clipped a few screen shots of today's flight. They are pretty small,
so they should be OK.
Larry

--

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email
address before sending.

cabin.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  377.39 KB
 Viewed:  12733 Time(s)

cabin.JPG

crooked_creek_2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  413.11 KB

crooked_creek_2.JPG

crooked_creek_falls.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  475.7 KB

crooked_creek_falls.JPG

crooked_creek1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  402.71 KB

crooked_creek1.JPG

hoodoos.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  476.26 KB

hoodoos.JPG

open_floor_plan.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  375.77 KB

open_floor_plan.JPG

S_end_of_Rome.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  409.04 KB

S_end_of_Rome.JPG

simmerman_Prop.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  399.81 KB

simmerman_Prop.JPG

steen's.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  401.26 KB

steen's.JPG

williamtsullivan(at)att.n

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Larry- I live in Connecticut, and have never been further west than Wisconsin, or eastern Kansas. your area looks like the far side of the moon to me. Keep them coming!

Bill Sullivan
do not archive Windsor Locks, Ct.
--------------------------------------------
On Wed, 7/5/17, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: pictures
To: "kolb-list(at)matronics.com" <kolb-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 2:49 PM

I clipped a few screen shots of today's
flight. They are pretty small,
so they should be OK.
Larry

3benny3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: pictures Reply with quote

Looks like a awfully nice place to play around! It's all mountains (beautiful but not very friendly), trees, and small fields around here

NC27
lcottrell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊Larry

--

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

DANIELBINDL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Good Morning Larry, Thanks for all the great video, and picture, 'sharing'. I have been experimenting with this stuff for the last half century, and your work, with this 'modern' equipment, makes you my recording guru!!! Keep up the good work (sharing).
My first home built experiences were the Kolb UltraStar #306 & #307 in 1985, in southern Wisconsin. I am currently in Florida. Your wide open spaces, of the west, are worshiped by many of us, keep the videos and pictures, and, how you harvest those videos and pictures, coming, to those of us not so privileged, to live in your environment.
On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊Larry

--

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

--
Daniel Bindl

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

I appreciate them both Larry. You do great job on your video productions. I wish I could do something just close to the quality of yours.
George H.
Firestar FS100
14GDH
Mesick, Mi
gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)

Have a great day!

On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:31 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊Larry

--

George Alexander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures Reply with quote

lcottrell wrote:

.S . N . I . P .
If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊Larry
.S . N . I . P .

Larry, if you are looking for votes, put me down for the videos.
Like someone else had said, it's nice to go along for the ride. Your narratives make them even better.
Hopefully most of the viewers appreciate the work you put into them.

http://www.oh2fly.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Radegast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

I find the video inspiring.  Today, I was thinking how much work that must be to put together.  It is appreciated.

Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:33 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Pictures

Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊
Larry

--

John Hauck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

I agree with Wayne S.  Putting video together is a lot work and time.  Time Larry C could be doing chores and honey do's.  Wink

I enjoy them because that part of the world is completely opposite of my little piece of dirt.  I like the West so much I have been going there every year since 2003, sometimes twice a year.  I missed the Kolb Unplanned/Unorganized Flyin Monument Valley, UT, in 2010, but made it to the Rock House 3 months after I had a nasty accident on my mountain bike.  I still like my home base at hauck's holler, Alabama, but thoroughly enjoy exploring the West.  Not the populated areas, but the remote back country.

Still tossing around what to do this year for the Rock House Kolb Flyin.  Fly or pull the 5th wheel???  Want to do both, but the timing just ain't right.

I drug Miss P'fer, my 1992 Kolb MKIII, out of the hanger a couple days ago.  First time in 3 months.  She was nice and clean the first of April, with brand new John Gilpin STOL Speed Vortex Generators installed.  She flew great despite the load of barn dust, bug and bird crap.  I got an hour flight time.  Shot a bunch of landings at my short strip and at the longer grass strip at Wetumpka Airport, 08A, 11.2 miles away.  I enjoy flying with the VGs, after all these years.  They make an old rusty pilot look halfway decent on his landings despite my efforts to screw them up.  I need to fly more to get back in the groove and really learn about the STOL Speed VGs.

Keep the photos and vids coming Larry C.  I enjoy them.  They bring back memories of the last 12 years me and my buddies have been flying in your neck of the woods.  After flying out of Gantt International Airport for the last 33 years, looking at the top of pine trees and flat ground gets boring.  Not at the Rock House though.  There's always somewhere to go to see something new and exciting.  The big plus is getting together with old Kolb friends that met because of Homer Kolb's little airplanes.  Had it not been for Homer, I would have missed out on a big part of the long, exciting life I have enjoyed since retiring in 1980, and my good friends from all over the world.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Wayne Schneider
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2017 7:51 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: Pictures

I find the video inspiring. Today, I was thinking how much work that must be to put together. It is appreciated.

Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊
Larry

--

Titus, Alabama
woodman1957(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Larry, Please NO!!! I would hope that you never stop your video's.. I know that editing video is much more difficult that uploading pictures but your are one flyer that I keep going back to over and over to watch your video's you just have a way with your commentary and your flying they just go together.. and your voice is soothing to listen to... Even my wife likes your videos...I hope you continue your flights and videos as long as you want to... safe flying.. I fly A PPC but have always been intrigued by the Kolb Firestar II... almost bought one but seemed to be to small for my lard butt.. Smile
another
Larry

To: "kolb-list(at)matronics.com" <kolb-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 10:34 PM

Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, 😊Larry

--

lambdinwilliam(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Greetings, All,
My name is Lanny, and I have been on this list for a few months now, learning
more about the Kolb airplanes. I presently fly a Challenger II CWS I built, and a
single place Loehle Sport Parasol. I built the two place Challenger mostly so my
wife and I could enjoy flying together, but she is so uncomfortable in the back seat
(And I don't have any experience flying from the back), so I started looking at Kolb
Mark threes. We plan to attend Sun N Fun next April so we can try on the Kolb, get
a demo ride perhaps and make a decision about selling the Challenger and getting
a Kolb.
That being said, I have enjoyed the pics and videos, Larry's especially, as I am in the 
mountains of Virginia, and that terrain out West is so different. I enjoy creating
videos from my flight footage, especially when the flight is with a friend and
particularly a grandchild! Below is a link to one of my YouTube videos in which
my grandson, Chase, who was 8 at the time, got his first flight in Miss Sunshine
my Challenger. If you are interested, I have a number of videos posted on my
YouTube site, just search on YouTube for Miss Sunshine, or PaPaLan publications to
find more.
Hope you enjoy,
Safe flights all,
Lanny. https://youtu.be/yDByWwjpZM0

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:53 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
I agree with Wayne S. Putting video together is a lot work and time. Time Larry C could be doing chores and honey do's. Wink

I enjoy them because that part of the world is completely opposite of my little piece of dirt. I like the West so much I have been going there every year since 2003, sometimes twice a year. I missed the Kolb Unplanned/Unorganized Flyin Monument Valley, UT, in 2010, but made it to the Rock House 3 months after I had a nasty accident on my mountain bike.  I still like my home base at hauck's holler, Alabama, but thoroughly enjoy exploring the West. Not the populated areas, but the remote back country.

Still tossing around what to do this year for the Rock House Kolb Flyin.  Fly or pull the 5th wheel??? Want to do both, but the timing just ain't right.

I drug Miss P'fer, my 1992 Kolb MKIII, out of the hanger a couple days ago. First time in 3 months. She was nice and clean the first of April, with brand new John Gilpin STOL Speed Vortex Generators installed.  She flew great despite the load of barn dust, bug and bird crap. I got an hour flight time. Shot a bunch of landings at my short strip and at the longer grass strip at Wetumpka Airport, 08A, 11.2 miles away. I enjoy flying with the VGs, after all these years. They make an old rusty pilot look halfway decent on his landings despite my efforts to screw them up. I need to fly more to get back in the groove and really learn about the STOL Speed VGs.

Keep the photos and vids coming Larry C. I enjoy them. They bring back memories of the last 12 years me and my buddies have been flying in your neck of the woods. After flying out of Gantt International Airport for the last 33 years, looking at the top of pine trees and flat ground gets boring. Not at the Rock House though. There's always somewhere to go to see something new and exciting. The big plus is getting together with old Kolb friends that met because of Homer Kolb's little airplanes. Had it not been for Homer, I would have missed out on a big part of the long, exciting life I have enjoyed since retiring in 1980, and my good friends from all over the world.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Wayne Schneider

I find the video inspiring.  Today, I was thinking how much work that must be to put together. It is appreciated.

Thanks to all who commented about the pictures. Its rather amusing that I got more comments concerning the pictures than I ever get for all the work in producing a video. ? If you guy's would prefer pictures, they are a lot less work, ðŸ˜Š
Larry

--

John Hauck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Lanny L/Kolbers:

Might be a good idea to check with the Kolb Aircraft Co before going to Sun and Fun to get a ride in a Kolb MKIII.

Give Bryan Melborn a call to insure they will have a MKIII at Lakeland.

Not far from Virginia to London, KY.  Might be a good idea to visit the Kolb Factory sooner.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Lanny Lambdin
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2017 6:12 AM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Pictures

Greetings, All,

more about the Kolb airplanes. I presently fly a Challenger II CWS I built, and a

single place Loehle Sport Parasol. I built the two place Challenger mostly so my

wife and I could enjoy flying together, but she is so uncomfortable in the back seat

(And I don't have any experience flying from the back), so I started looking at Kolb

Mark threes. We plan to attend Sun N Fun next April so we can try on the Kolb, get

a demo ride perhaps and make a decision about selling the Challenger and getting

a Kolb.

That being said, I have enjoyed the pics and videos, Larry's especially, as I am in the

mountains of Virginia, and that terrain out West is so different. I enjoy creating

my grandson, Chase, who was 8 at the time, got his first flight in Miss Sunshine

YouTube site, just search on YouTube for Miss Sunshine, or PaPaLan publications to

find more.

Hope you enjoy,

Safe flights all,

Sent from my iPad
On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:53 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
Quote:

I agree with Wayne S. Putting video together is a lot work and time. Time Larry C could be doing chores and honey do's. Wink

I enjoy them because that part of the world is completely opposite of my little piece of dirt. I like the West so much I have been going there every year since 2003, sometimes twice a year. I missed the Kolb Unplanned/Unorganized Flyin Monument Valley, UT, in 2010, but made it to the Rock House 3 months after I had a nasty accident on my mountain bike. I still like my home base at hauck's holler, Alabama, but thoroughly enjoy exploring the West. Not the populated areas, but the remote back country.

Still tossing around what to do this year for the Rock House Kolb Flyin. Fly or pull the 5th wheel??? Want to do both, but the timing just ain't right.

I drug Miss P'fer, my 1992 Kolb MKIII, out of the hanger a couple days ago. First time in 3 months. She was nice and clean the first of April, with brand new John Gilpin STOL Speed Vortex Generators installed. She flew great despite the load of barn dust, bug and bird crap. I got an hour flight time. Shot a bunch of landings at my short strip and at the longer grass strip at Wetumpka Airport, 08A, 11.2 miles away. I enjoy flying with the VGs, after all these years. They make an old rusty pilot look halfway decent on his landings despite my efforts to screw them up. I need to fly more to get back in the groove and really learn about the STOL Speed VGs.

Keep the photos and vids coming Larry C. I enjoy them. They bring back memories of the last 12 years me and my buddies have been flying in your neck of the woods. After flying out of Gantt International Airport for the last 33 years, looking at the top of pine trees and flat ground gets boring. Not at the Rock House though. There's always somewhere to go to see something new and exciting. The big plus is getting together with old Kolb friends that met because of Homer Kolb's little airplanes. Had it not been for Homer, I would have missed out on a big part of the long, exciting life I have enjoyed since retiring in 1980, and my good friends from all over the world.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Wayne Schneider

I find the video inspiring. Today, I was thinking how much work that must be to put together. It is appreciated.

Larry

--

Titus, Alabama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Pictures Reply with quote

Thanks, John. I have talked with Travis several times when they were installing
a MZ202 for a customer.  We shared info as I initially installed one on my Challenger.
It didn't work out for me-that's a long story-but hope it suited the customers' needs.
I'll give them a call and see what we can work out.
Take care,
Lanny

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 7, 2017, at 9:36 AM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Lanny L/Kolbers:

Might be a good idea to check with the Kolb Aircraft Co before going to Sun and Fun to get a ride in a Kolb MKIII.

Give Bryan Melborn a call to insure they will have a MKIII at Lakeland.

Not far from Virginia to London, KY. Might be a good idea to visit the Kolb Factory sooner.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Lanny Lambdin
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2017 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: Pictures

Greetings, All,

a Kolb.

find more.

Hope you enjoy,

Safe flights all,

Sent from my iPad
Quote:

I enjoy them because that part of the world is completely opposite of my little piece of dirt. I like the West so much I have been going there every year since 2003, sometimes twice a year. I missed the Kolb Unplanned/Unorganized Flyin Monument Valley, UT, in 2010, but made it to the Rock House 3 months after I had a nasty accident on my mountain bike. I still like my home base at hauck's holler, Alabama, but thoroughly enjoy exploring the West. Not the populated areas, but the remote back country.

Still tossing around what to do this year for the Rock House Kolb Flyin. Fly or pull the 5th wheel??? Want to do both, but the timing just ain't right.

I drug Miss P'fer, my 1992 Kolb MKIII, out of the hanger a couple days ago. First time in 3 months. She was nice and clean the first of April, with brand new John Gilpin STOL Speed Vortex Generators installed. She flew great despite the load of barn dust, bug and bird crap.  I got an hour flight time. Shot a bunch of landings at my short strip and at the longer grass strip at Wetumpka Airport, 08A, 11.2 miles away. I enjoy flying with the VGs, after all these years. They make an old rusty pilot look halfway decent on his landings despite my efforts to screw them up. I need to fly more to get back in the groove and really learn about the STOL Speed VGs.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

Larry

--

Richard Pike

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: pictures Reply with quote

Lanny; where in Virginia are you at? I'm in Kingsport Tn, maybe I can be of some help.

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

Hey, Richard,

Thanks for the info/offer! I just googled directions and it would be a 4hr

(239 mile) trip for us, as we are in Amherst, Va, about 1/2hr north of Lynchburg.

Not bad at all, with the majority of the trip on I 81.

Betty, my wife, and I are retired and have really over-scheduled our summer

and early fall, so maybe we could arrange something toward the end of Sept.

When you get time, I would appreciate info/pics/ videos of your Kolb and the

flying you do. You can access videos of me and my planes on my YouTube site:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyassx3BGAUc-weOBtcMwtQ

Thanks again for the offer, and we shall communicate more soon,

Lanny

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Jul 8, 2017, at 7:41 AM, Richard Pike <thegreybaron(at)charter.net> wrote:

Lanny; where in Virginia are you at? I'm in Kingsport Tn, maybe I can be of some help.

--------
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough. Being forgiven is wonderful.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=470785#470785

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: