Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DAR requested info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budyerly(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: DAR requested info. Reply with quote

Mike,
Glad you hear you are progressing.
You are the builder/manufacturer so the DAR or FAA may request all the normal pilot instructions and markings a certified aircraft is supplied with. His checklist may require documentation of your markings and many more things.

I provided you with a DAR T program letter (attached) and his checklist before you left the shop.
I am providing again some checklists I provided to you when you were here. As the manufacturer you should be have the following:

Pilot Operating Handbook: It contains the three view, should have your wt. and balance and normal and emergency procedures.

Placards in the Aircraft: The POH has the placards required in the UK and they are fine for the US also. The FAA required passenger warning must be posted (I put it on the panel in front of the passenger.). Every control should be marked to its use. Not the stick or rudders but the throttle, choke, all switches and CBs. If you flip it or pull it, it should be marked. Calibrate and mark your fuel sight gauge and show that the amount of fuel in the aircraft is visible during preflight and what the no go minimum for flight fuel level is.

Instrument Markings: The airspeed indicator, and engine instruments should be marked with the limits. The Registration should have a folder with a clear pocket visible to the passenger on entry.

Aircraft Markings: Aircraft ID Plate exactly as the Registration name and address is printed, N numbers must be per the FARs, Door handle area marked with open closed arrows, EXPERIMENTAL on the aircraft where a person entering can see it. (I put it on the D panel.) Type of Fuel placard on the fuel filler such as 100LL only etc. Oil type on the oil cap or door. No step and no push etc. are not really necessary but many have them and some MIDO/DARs require them as the FAA requires them on some low wing aircraft.

As you know I did an abbreviated checklist as the POH is a little big to fly with. I’ve attached those also. Use them as an example to build your own or expand on the info in the POH as your aircraft is not a stock Europa

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: