Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blown oil hose CJ - connectors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Blown oil hose CJ - connectors? Reply with quote

Jay-dub;

I presume by now you realize there is only one right hand side on an
aircraft and your hose failure had nothing to do with the oil cooler hoses.
Not being familiar with the home made pre-oil systems that some install on
these aircraft I assume the two small hoses I noted earlier go to the
pre-oil pump.
If the one I questioned is on the pressure side it is likely a failure
waiting to happen.

How the large (failed) hose fits into the pre-oil system I have no idea.

Walt

--

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
jay-dub

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Blown oil hose CJ - connectors? Reply with quote

Thanks, Walt.

There is obviously some confusion, probably brought about by my picture presenting having rotated anti-clockwise through 90 degrees. Who knows why.

The large hose has not failed. It is the smaller silver braided hose which has failed.

If there are issues, I'm surprised made it past the surveyor when the aircraft was first brought to the UK and put on the register (I'm not the first owner over here). Referring to the pre-oiler, our permit states:

"Such systems have been approved previously for ex-military aircraft. The installation has been inspected and found acceptable."

The lack of CJ experience in the UK doesn't help. We have 80 Yaks in the UK of varying flavours and plenty in Europe but only five CJs in total, all on the UK register and all different (including an M14P powered one waiting for paperwork).

We're looking at options at the moment but as things stand, I'm considering having the aircraft returned entirely to stock.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: