Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

One of the guy's attending our fly - in is a former Kolb Firestar owner, who has transitioned to an RV-7 and is still a good friend. His plane is really nice with a great paint job, so he has a "repaint" fund to repair all the damage that he is going to do to it while he is here. We were intending to go to some of the places that we wanted to visit and he, on to get some Spam can fuel, but we both decided that the smoke was just too heavy to enjoy a flight, so we came back here to the Rockhouse. I decided that I would video his landing so that his friends back home would have something to make fun of him over. All of which I might add, probably do not have even a little bit of adventure or the ability to laugh at themselves that Ken has. Apparently the Kolb experience prepares one for adventures such as these.

Hope that you enjoy!
https://vimeo.com/232524986   password  owyheeflyer
Larry

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Jerry-TS-MkII

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

Cool video!!  How do you get your airspeed and heading in the lower left?  Some slick iPhone app?

Jerry
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
One of the guy's attending our fly - in is a former Kolb Firestar owner, who has transitioned to an RV-7 and is still a good friend. His plane is really nice with a great paint job, so he has a "repaint" fund to repair all the damage that he is going to do to it while he is here. We were intending to go to some of the places that we wanted to visit and he, on to get some Spam can fuel, but we both decided that the smoke was just too heavy to enjoy a flight, so we came back here to the Rockhouse. I decided that I would video his landing so that his friends back home would have something to make fun of him over. All of which I might add, probably do not have even a little bit of adventure or the ability to laugh at themselves that Ken has. Apparently the Kolb experience prepares one for adventures such as these.

Hope that you enjoy!
Larry

--

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

It comes with the Garmin Virb camera. The edit program from Garmin is a bit of a pain, but that is the only way to get the metrix.Larry
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 1:15 PM, Jerry Flyer <12flybellaire(at)gmail.com (12flybellaire(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Cool video!!  How do you get your airspeed and heading in the lower left?  Some slick iPhone app?

Jerry
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Hope that you enjoy!
Larry

--

--

victorbravo(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: video Reply with quote

That's just so cool... great video Larry and thank you for takaing the time to do these.

Bill Berle
www.ezflaphandle.com  - safety & performance upgrade for light aircraft
www.grantstar.net           - winning proposals for non-profit and for-profit entities

--------------------------------------------
On Tue, 9/5/17, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: video
To: "kolb-list(at)matronics.com" <kolb-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017, 12:05 PM

One of the guy's
attending our fly - in is a former Kolb Firestar owner, who
has transitioned to an RV-7 and is still a good friend. His
plane is really nice with a great paint job, so he has a
"repaint" fund to repair all the damage that he is
going to do to it while he is here. We were intending to go
to some of the places that we wanted to visit and he, on to
get some Spam can fuel, but we both decided that the smoke
was just too heavy to enjoy a flight, so we came back here
to the Rockhouse. I decided that I would video his landing
so that his friends back home would have something to make
fun of him over. All of which I might add, probably do not
have even a little bit of adventure or the ability to laugh
at themselves that Ken has. Apparently the Kolb experience
prepares one for adventures such as these.
Hope that you enjoy!
https://vimeo.com/232524986 
 password  owyheeflyer
Larry

--
The
older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are
intolerant of others.
If you forward this email, or any part of
it, please remove my email address before sending.

3benny3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: video Reply with quote

Yes thanks for the great videos! The grasshopper lands again made me chuckle. Nice one

NC27
lcottrell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: video Reply with quote

We are right in the middle of our fly-in, and of course I am as busy as a one armed paper hanger, but I managed to squeeze out a video for those who could not attend. The smoke from all the fires that encircle us was pretty bad this year. It has cleared out now, but who knows how long that will last. The smoke cut into our airplanes flying here, and most people attended by driving. That however does not cut into the fun at all.

Since I am so much in demand, the sound track on this one is way out of balance, due to my ability to "multi-task" or is it lack. I just didn't have the energy to redo the whole thing. when I found out that I had messed up. 
This video is of a geothermal hot spot about 40 miles west of us.
Larry

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: