Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Van's builders in the news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly McMullen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Van's builders in the news Reply with quote

Always good to see folks I am acquainted with through various forums in the news, in this case for obtaining alternate methods of compliance (AMOC) with regard to the NavWorx AD:
"The AMOCs were obtained by three individual aircraft owners. Bob Leffler of Columbus, Ohio, requested an AMOC for the Garmin GTN 650 and GTN 750 series of GPS navigators, and has become a spokesman for the group; Ralph Capen sought an AMOC for the Garmin GNS 430W and GNS 530W series, and Phil Yoder for the Garmin GNS 480. “Ralph and I submitted our AMOCs independently before we knew each other,” Leffler said. They met through the Van’s Air Force online forum. “Phil joined in later because he’s a friend, and has the 480.
“I had never heard of an AMOC before,” Leffler continued. “It was clearly synergistic once we all knew about each other. But it wasn’t rocket science.” He and Capen simply picked up their phones and called the guy whose name was at the bottom of the AD’s final rule. Leffler said the FAA was very helpful in guiding the three owners through the AMOC process."
Extracted from the weekly AOPA news email.
Kelly

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

phil(at)philyoder.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Van's builders in the news Reply with quote

If I can be of any help, please let me know. 
Phil

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 6:48 AM Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com (apilot2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Always good to see folks I am acquainted with through various forums in the news, in this case for obtaining alternate methods of compliance (AMOC) with regard to the NavWorx AD:
"The AMOCs were obtained by three individual aircraft owners. Bob Leffler of Columbus, Ohio, requested an AMOC for the Garmin GTN 650 and GTN 750 series of GPS navigators, and has become a spokesman for the group; Ralph Capen sought an AMOC for the Garmin GNS 430W and GNS 530W series, and Phil Yoder for the Garmin GNS 480. “Ralph and I submitted our AMOCs independently before we knew each other,” Leffler said. They met through the Van’s Air Force online forum. “Phil joined in later because he’s a friend, and has the 480.
“I had never heard of an AMOC before,” Leffler continued. “It was clearly synergistic once we all knew about each other. But it wasn’t rocket science.” He and Capen simply picked up their phones and called the guy whose name was at the bottom of the AD’s final rule. Leffler said the FAA was very helpful in guiding the three owners through the AMOC process."

Kelly

--

Phil Yoder phil(at)philyoder.com (phil(at)philyoder.com) \__________o-( )-o__________/ www.itsnotthatcomplex.com

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

bob(at)thelefflers.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: Van's builders in the news Reply with quote

You never know what riftraff you may end camping next to at OSH. 😀

There are there more AMOCs pending release from the FAA. Unfortunately Harvey has impacted the Ft Worth ACO resources, so it's taking a bit longer.

There was an omission on Phil's 480 AMOC for the 0012. That will be added to include the use of a serial circuit in addition to the arinc one on the 0013.

On Ralph's and mine, they are going to adding the entire 4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx family of Garmin gps.

Now we just need to convince Bill to release 5.0 to us so that we can resolve some of the other outstanding bugs in the software.

BTW, Phil is about to join the ranks of us RV-10 builders. He's been looking at some used projects to buy. If you know any, please let him know.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 9:40:22 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RV10-List: Van's builders in the news

Kelly

Kellym

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Van's builders in the news Reply with quote

I have mentioned to someone else that there is an RV-10 partial build
for sale at KCHD (Chandler, AZ). I only have email contact, don't know
how responsive seller is, and I know it was not built looking for
airshow awards. I will send Phil a PM.
You never know what ratty, barely flying homebuilt is going to park next
to your shiny, fancy -10 at homebuilt camping. 8^)

On 9/8/2017 8:17 AM, Bob Leffler wrote:
Quote:
You never know what riftraff you may end camping next to at OSH.  😀

BTW, Phil is about to join the ranks of us RV-10 builders.  He's been
looking at some used projects to buy.  If you know any, please let him
know.

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Van's builders in the news Reply with quote

Thanks for the shout-out.

I'm also available to assist in connection settings as well as communicating with the local FSDO...done that as well. I'm fully legal past the Jan and 2020 deadlines.

--

rleffler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Van's builders in the news Reply with quote

The FAA just released updated AMOCs for the Navworx ADS600-B units.

The Garmin 4xx, 5xx, 6xx, and 7xx family of GPS are now included. They also fixed the omission of the 200-0012 for the Garmin 480 as well.

Please give AOPA a couple days to get them online.

bob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: