Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolbra w&b question / lookover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3benny3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Kolbra w&b question / lookover Reply with quote

Weighed the kolbra the other day while getting some things finshed up. Seems to come out rather tail heavy, what your thoughts? Battery is by front fuel tank, plan to move into nose cone and check again but think that will be enough. Where does other kolbra fliers have their battery etc?

Numbers:

Book CG
11.6in - 20.3in from LE

No fuel
With oil and water
Tail. 90.65
Right. 254.9
Left. 245.5

Total empty weight w\engine fluids 591.05lbs

Leading edge= datum = 0

ARM WEIGHT MOMENT
Main axle -1 500.5lbs -500.5
Front seat 22 160lbs 3520
Rear seat -9 0lbs adding passenger puts it in the rear of the envelope
Front tank -30 30lbs -900
Rear tank -40 30lbs -1200
Tail wheel -206 90.65lbs -18673.9
811.15 / -17754.4 = -21.888 CG

Of course its been awhile since I've been into doing the math side so could just be numbers put together wrong, but it sounds about right a bit tail heavy?

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

NC27
Ralph B

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolbra w&b question / lookover Reply with quote

Here are the weight and balance sheets for my Kolbra (see attachments).

I have lots of flying videos (over 100) of the Kolbra.

You can see them here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/flyguy8294

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

N20386 weight and balance loaded.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  N20386 weight and balance loaded.xls
 Filesize:  27.5 KB
 Downloaded:  390 Time(s)

N20386 FAA weight and Balance submit.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  N20386 FAA weight and Balance submit.xls
 Filesize:  40 KB
 Downloaded:  364 Time(s)

Kolb Kolbra 912uls
N20386
550 hours
3benny3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolbra w&b question / lookover Reply with quote

Hey thanks! Looks like the weights are very close, I guess with the 912 vs the 582 it was designed for it is just gonna be toward the back... I'll weigh it again and double check all my arms maybe, noticed your mains were 1.8in where as mine are -1 which would make a difference. Where is your battery located, and how did you go about mounting it there?

Thanks for the w&b sheets and I'm already subscribed, not much out there really on the kolbra...

NC27
Ralph B

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolbra w&b question / lookover Reply with quote

I'm using an Odyssey PC680 battery and it's located in back of the passenger seat. There really isn't much info on the Kolbra. I don't think many were built. With 200 lbs in the back seat, I am nose heavy that's for sure.

Kolb Kolbra 912uls
N20386
550 hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: