Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready to cut tailpane trim tabs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n7188u

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Ready to cut tailpane trim tabs Reply with quote

Dear Europa Forum members,

I am getting ready to cut the trim tabs in the tailplane and have a quick question:

Before applying the skin layup I marked lines on the foam surface of where the internal foam cutout that forms the tab leading edge and stab rear closeout is. This gives me a reference of where the cut will be (or where not to cut).

So I measured and marked the tab dimensions per the manual and it looks like the top skin cut will give me a 20mm flange on the stab side and 25mm on the tab side to attach the hinges (minus the inside radius for the glass corner of course). Does that sound about right? Should I bias the cut a little toward the tab as indicated in the manual to make it more equal on both sides?

Looks like 20mm maybe ok but a bit tight for the hinge to fit but the 25mm sounds right. These hinges are a little over 18mm thick so 20mm doesn't leave much for the radius and extra glass layers for the hinges.

Thanks,
Chris Martin

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: