Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instuments Misreading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willydewey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Instuments Misreading Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I had a strange experience this morning while carrying out my power checks.
The EIS was consistently reading low (RPM) compared to the analog instrument. EG when the analog RPM meter showed 4000rpm the EIS only read 2250 rpm ? I know from experience that the anolog meter was more or less correct so whats gone wrong withe the Gulf Coast EIS ?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bill Dewey Question Question

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

tonyvaccarella

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Instuments Misreading Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Thats such a huge RPM variation. My only thought was is one reading engine RPM while the other is reading propeller RPM?

Regards,
Tony

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

pjeffers(at)talktalk.net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Instuments Misreading Reply with quote

Hi Tony, As I am away from home on holiday at present I can't quote details from the EIS manual but I do know that I have in the past experienced somewhat similar corruption of data on my aircraft. In my case it followed a voltage surge within my electrics. The simple fix was to get your manual out and go through the set up procedure . I do recall there being a number of settings associated with RPM readings.
I hope this may help you with your problem. Alternatively phone the manufacturers, I have always found them to be very helpful.
Pete Jeffers

Sent: ‎03/‎11/‎2017 09:57
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Instuments Misreading
--> Europa-List message posted by: "tonyvaccarella" <tony(at)weimagine.com.au>

Hi Bill,

Thats such a huge RPM variation. My only thought was is one reading engine RPM while the other is reading propeller RPM?

Regards,
Tony

--------
Tony Vaccarella
Mascot NSW 2020
Sydney Australia

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewt - List Contribution p;   &nbs

willydewey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Instuments Misreading Reply with quote

Hi Tony and Pete
I have solved the problem. It was the EIS that had gone out of SYNC
REsetting that has solved the problem
Thanks for your suggestions
Bill Dewey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: