Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N912GR Accident

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghf4986(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

Very glad Dave that you are not harmed!

Dennis Adams

Sent from an IPad

On Dec 7, 2017, at 8:14 AM, David Weaver <mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net (mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:15 AM, David Weaver <mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net (mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:

On Saturday December 2 nd, I attempted a night landing without pilot activated lights at my home base airport (Olson - Elgin, IL).
I did not execute a missed approach soon enough and struck the top of a wood fence with the left gear leg. The Pulsar XP
remained flat in trajectory and pancaked into neighboring horse pasture coming to rest 125 feet beyond the fence. Engine
and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath. The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps. The gear       displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each wing.  I was completely       without injury...not even any restraint bruises. I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft 3 point restraint belts       are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best. I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

<P1000890.JPG>

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
mortweaver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

On Saturday December 2 nd, I attempted a night landing without pilot activated lights at my home base airport (Olson - Elgin, IL).
I did not execute a missed approach soon enough and struck the top of a wood fence with the left gear leg.  The Pulsar XP
remained flat in trajectory and pancaked into neighboring horse pasture coming to rest 125 feet beyond the fence. Engine
and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath. The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps. The gear           displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each  wing. I was completely           without injury...not even any restraint bruises. I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft 3 point restraint belts           are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best. I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

Can not attach any pics - site error on file size

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

pilot623(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

Dave,

So glad to hear you’re OK. How about the plane, is it fixable?

Jim

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of David Weaver
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:14 AM
To: Pulsar-List Digest Server <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Fw: N912GR Accident

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:15 AM, David Weaver <mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net (mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:

I did not execute a missed approach soon enough and struck the top of a wood fence with the left gear leg. The Pulsar XP

and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath. The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps. The gear         displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each wing. I was completely         without injury...not even any restraint bruises. I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft 3 point restraint belts         are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best. I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

freedom4life(at)xtra.co.n

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

Quote:

Glad to hear you got out of it safely. 

I did not execute a missed approach soon enough and struck the top of a wood fence with the left gear leg.  The Pulsar XP
remained flat in trajectory and pancaked into neighboring horse pasture coming to rest 125 feet beyond the fence.  Engine
and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath.  The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps.  The gear                                                            displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each  wing.  I was completely                                                             without injury...not even any restraint bruises.   I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft  3 point restraint belts                                                                 are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best.  I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

Virus-free. www.avg.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

sollymelyon(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

Dave,
Glad to hear you're ok. The plane is definitely fixable I'm sure.
Solly Melyon

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:15 AM, David Weaver <mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

remained flat in trajectory and pancaked into neighboring horse pasture coming to rest 125 feet beyond the fence.  Engine
and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath. The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps. The gear         displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each wing. I was completely           without injury...not even any restraint bruises. I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft 3 point restraint belts           are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best. I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

esalehto(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

Hi,
Dave, I am pleased that you are OK.
Regards,
Esa
Pulsar XP

To: Pulsar-List Digest Server <pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:46 AM
Subject: Fw: N912GR Accident

On Thursday, December 7, 2017 8:15 AM, David Weaver <mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath. The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps. The gear           displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each wing.  I was completely           without injury...not even any restraint bruises. I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft 3 point restraint belts           are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best. I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

So glad to hear the pilot walked away.

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:58 AM Dennis Adams <ghf4986(at)gmail.com (ghf4986(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Very glad Dave that you are not harmed!

Dennis Adams

Sent from an IPad 

On Dec 7, 2017, at 8:14 AM, David Weaver <mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net (mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:

and cockpit areas remained in tack with no fire aftermath.  The Grove gear was attached with 4130 steel straps.  The gear                                                            displacement tore out the hard-point attachment areas and then partially displaced the rear spar of each  wing.  I was completely                                                             without injury...not even any restraint bruises.   I have believed for a long time that General Aviation aircraft  3 point restraint belts                                                                 are unsafe and that the 4 point harness is best.  I think Greg got it right "God had other plans for me".

Dave Weaver

<P1000890.JPG>

papa11(at)centurylink.net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: N912GR Accident Reply with quote

On 12/7/2017 10:41 AM, David Weaver wrote:

Quote:

Dave Weaver

Glad to hear that you are O.K. sorry to hear of your incident. Emil Radtke N143NB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: