Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
BBS Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heavy duty door struts

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
amekler



Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Heavy duty door struts Reply with quote

Looking for advice on heavy door struts for an upholstered door
The normal vans struts don’t hold it up
Alan
N668g


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rleffler



Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Heavy duty door struts Reply with quote

I have the heavy duty struts purchased through Van's. Since I've purchased mine, there are places you can purchase them for less cost. However, since I already had mine, I've kept up with those places.

--


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Bob Leffler
N410BL - Phase I
http://mykitlog.com/rleffler
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amekler



Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Heavy duty door struts Reply with quote

Thanks
Alan

Sent from my iPhone

[quote] On Dec 10, 2017, at 5:52 AM, Bob Leffler <bob(at)thelefflers.com> wrote:



I have the heavy duty struts purchased through Van's. Since I've purchased mine, there are places you can purchase them for less cost. However, since I already had mine, I've kept up with those places.

--


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kellym



Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 1474
Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Heavy duty door struts Reply with quote

You wrote 8/1/16 :I replaced originals with Lift-o-Mat 2218LP made by
Stabiles 2 years ago and have been very happy with them.

Alan

Further back in archives Nov.24, 2015 part of a lengthy thread:
I recently bought replacement struts from Bansbach as well. The
original Vans struts still worked but one door started coming down if
the wind hit it wrong. I have a flush latch, aftermarket center cam,
lock, upholstery, etc - not light.

On 3/9/15 I purchased (2) A1A1F50-100-287/600N 10017y1 struts for
$51.89 plus $19.27 S&H.

They installed easily (i.e. throw seemed to exactly fit what was needed
- no compression required.

They now work just right in all respects.

Just another data point.

Bill "on a TG family visitation mission" Watson

On 12/10/2017 5:03 AM, Alan Mekler MD wrote:
[quote]

Thanks
Alan

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 10, 2017, at 5:52 AM, Bob Leffler <bob(at)thelefflers.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> I have the heavy duty struts purchased through Van's. Since I've purchased mine, there are places you can purchase them for less cost. However, since I already had mine, I've kept up with those places.
>
> --


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor # 5286
KCHD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amekler



Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 148

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Heavy duty door struts Reply with quote

Kelly,
Yes I couldn’t find what I used
I have a friend who just bought a 10 and it is a heavy door
Alan
Sent from my iPhone

[quote] On Dec 10, 2017, at 7:18 AM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com> wrote:



You wrote 8/1/16 :I replaced originals with Lift-o-Mat 2218LP made by Stabiles 2 years ago and have been very happy with them.

Alan

Further back in archives Nov.24, 2015 part of a lengthy thread:
I recently bought replacement struts from Bansbach as well. The original Vans struts still worked but one door started coming down if the wind hit it wrong. I have a flush latch, aftermarket center cam, lock, upholstery, etc - not light.

On 3/9/15 I purchased (2) A1A1F50-100-287/600N 10017y1 struts for $51.89 plus $19.27 S&H.

They installed easily (i.e. throw seemed to exactly fit what was needed - no compression required.

They now work just right in all respects.

Just another data point.

Bill "on a TG family visitation mission" Watson

> On 12/10/2017 5:03 AM, Alan Mekler MD wrote:
>
> Thanks
> Alan
> Sent from my iPhone
>> On Dec 10, 2017, at 5:52 AM, Bob Leffler <bob(at)thelefflers.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> I have the heavy duty struts purchased through Van's. Since I've purchased mine, there are places you can purchase them for less cost. However, since I already had mine, I've kept up with those places.
>>
>> --


- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group