Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sukhoi iris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay Hodge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Sukhoi iris Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I have a Yak 55M that does not have an iris or shutters installed. I found an iris from a Suk, and would like to install that. Anybody done this before? Any problems I should know about?

Thanks,

Jay

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Vic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sukhoi iris Reply with quote

I have replaced the Yak shutters on the 18 T with a Sukhoi iris for easy access and better view of the engine. Expect to be faced with a LOT of friction in the actuating linkages and lever. I do not know how the system works on a Sukhoi but anyway we fitted a longer lever and bigger knob in the cockpit for that reason so be prepared for some troubles.

Vic

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

P1060343 - Kkk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  765 KB
 Viewed:  4500 Time(s)

P1060343 - Kkk.jpg

Jay Hodge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sukhoi iris Reply with quote

Vic

Thanks for the reply. Other than the friction problem, everything sort of fits right up?

Jay

Vic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Sukhoi iris Reply with quote

Hi Jay,
to be open, there are a few bits you have to work out from your side: Seems I did two new brackets to mount the iris to the engine, plus a new lever, see photo. I believe my shutters came from a Sukhoi but donĀ“t know why there is a difference, variations of M 14 gearbox castings ?
Then you will design an extra mechanism for actuating the iris. The high friction prevented using the original push-pull cable in the 18 T, so I made up a twin pull bowden system with two cables and torque rod from fire wall to the iris, sorry, no photos at hand. Does anybody know how the system looks in a Sukhoi ? Maybe you will come up with something else, depending on conditions in your aircraft. At least you got the warning to know where problems might be and fabricate a good system from the start. I tried hydraulics first, but that was not quick and easy and had snags in detail as well.

Vic

P1060295.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  573.01 KB
 Viewed:  4465 Time(s)

P1060295.JPG

P1060292.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  552.02 KB
 Viewed:  4465 Time(s)

P1060292.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: