Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Digital tach + M14P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apatton2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Digital tach + M14P Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have a friend who is looking to make a Garmin G3X tach display work with the M14.

Does anyone have experience in doing this?
Many thanks,
Andrew

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

GeorgeCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Digital tach + M14P Reply with quote

We have a "Tach Adapter" the goes on the air start distributor and accepts
the UMA sending unit that is approved in the G3X system.

George Coy
MotorstarNA
714 Airport Rd.
Swanton VT 05488
802-868-5633 off
802-363-5782 cell
802-868-6632 Fax
george.coy(at)gmail.com
http://motorstarna.com/
SKYPE george.coy

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Digital tach + M14P Reply with quote

Hello George,

I hope all is well with you.

We get requests for this sort of conversion - could you please tell me what
is involved; the cost of your adapter; the sending unit and an instrument -
thanks. I will then pass them on to people looking for the complete
conversion.

Best wishes

Richard

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Hereford
HR5 3LW

Tel: +44 (0) 1544 340120
Fax: +44 (0) 1544 340129
www.russianaeros.com

--

Dawg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Digital tach + M14P Reply with quote

I did Georges conversion and installed the UMA tach. I have very little mechanical ability. I did it myself and it works well.It’s like pulling an old car distributor. Mark it “6-ways-from-Sunday” so it gets installed back in the exact position it was in.

After you fly for awhile, re-tighten the nuts. After disturbing the factory torqued nuts & bolts, they loosened up.
Impossible to start the engine. Giant air leak.

UMA has the gauge in stock. Thanks to the Coys, the tach is marked for the M14 power settings.

bill

[quote]On Mar 26, 2018, at 08:31, Richard Goode <richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)> wrote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Richard Goode" <richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)>Hello George,I hope all is well with you.We get requests for this sort of conversion - could you please tell me whatis involved; the cost of your adapter; the sending unit and an instrument -thanks. I will then pass them on to people looking for the completeconversion.Best wishesRichardRichard Goode AerobaticsRhodds FarmLyonshallHerefordHR5 3LWTel: +44 (0) 1544 340120Fax: +44 (0) 1544 340129www.russianaeros.com--

jbsoar(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Digital tach + M14P Reply with quote

Are cover plates available to cover the hole on the engine crankcase after the removal of a tachometer drive unit?Thank you!

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 10:11 AM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com (l129bs(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
[quote]I did Georges conversion and installed the UMA tach. I have very little mechanical ability. I did it myself and it works well.It’s like pulling an old car distributor. Mark it “6-ways-from-Sunday” so it gets installed back in the exact position it was in.
After you fly for awhile, re-tighten the nuts. After disturbing the factory torqued nuts & bolts, they loosened up. 
UMA has the gauge in stock. Thanks to the Coys, the tach is marked for the M14 power settings.
bill

[quote]On Mar 26, 2018, at 08:31, Richard Goode <richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)> wrote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Richard Goode" <richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)>

Hello George,

I hope all is well with you.

We get requests for this sort of conversion - could you please tell me what
is involved; the cost of your adapter; the sending unit and an instrument -
thanks. I will then pass them on to people looking for the complete
conversion.

Best wishes

Richard

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Hereford
HR5 3LW

Tel:  [url=tel:+44%201544%20340120]+44 (0) 1544 340120[/url]
Fax: [url=tel:+44%201544%20340129]+44 (0) 1544 340129[/url]
www.russianaeros.com

--

207yakdriver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Digital tach + M14P Reply with quote

Call jill
Get organized with Yahoo Mail

[quote] On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 1:15 PM, John B
<jbsoar(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Are cover plates available to cover the hole on the engine crankcase after the removal of a tachometer drive unit?Thank you!
On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 10:11 AM, William Geipel <l129bs(at)gmail.com (l129bs(at)gmail.com)> wrote:[quote]I did Georges conversion and installed the UMA tach. I have very little mechanical ability. I did it myself and it works well.It’s like pulling an old car distributor. Mark it “6-ways-from-Sunday” so it gets installed back in the exact position it was in.

bill

[quote]On Mar 26, 2018, at 08:31, Richard Goode <richard.goode(at)russianaeros. com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)> wrote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Richard Goode" <richard.goode(at)russianaeros. com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)>Hello George,I hope all is well with you.We get requests for this sort of conversion - could you please tell me whatis involved; the cost of your adapter; the sending unit and an instrument -thanks. I will then pass them on to people looking for the completeconversion.Best wishesRichardRichard Goode AerobaticsRhodds FarmLyonshallHerefordHR5 3LWTel: www.russianaeros.com--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: