Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Bulletins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

Haven't seen any post on this list in a long time. Hope somebody is still lurking here. I am doing my annual "Condition" inspection and was wondering if anyone has info on any late service bulletins or safety issues on the Jabiru 3300. 295 hours. One cylinder ( #3 ) down to 56 / 80#. Looks like it has been loosing 3 or 4 pounds for the last 3 years. Plugs look fine. Cylinder runs about 80 to 100 degrees hotter at certain power settings.

Bobby

Zodiac 601

Jabiru 3300 295 hrs.

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
papa11(at)centurylink.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

On 4/16/2018 1:40 PM, Bobby Paulk wrote:

Quote:

Haven't seen any post on this list in a long time. Hope somebody is still lurking here. I am doing my annual "Condition" inspection and was wondering if anyone has info on any late service bulletins or safety issues on the Jabiru 3300. 295 hours. One cylinder ( #3 ) down to 56 / 80#. Looks like it has been loosing 3 or 4 pounds for the last 3 years. Plugs look fine. Cylinder runs about 80 to 100 degrees hotter at certain power settings.

Bobby

Zodiac 601

Jabiru 3300 295 hrs.

Still here Emil Radtke Pulsar111--------Jabiru 3300 engine

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dwwilt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

Bobby,

You should give Arion Aircraft a call about this. They just took over as the US distributor for Jabiru Engines. Very knowledgeable and good friends with the prior distributor, Pete Krotje. 931-680-1781

Regards,

Dennis W. Wilt
N616DW (Arion Lightning S/N 132)

--

matronics(at)rtist.nl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

Hi Bobby,

All service bulletins are available on the Jabiru website, see: http://www.jabiru.net.au/service/service-bulletins
At the end of 2017 several service bulletins received an update to include reference to the new 'Gen 4' engine, and some minor tweaks here and there. No new pressing issues have been reported.

Your dropping compression may be a stuck piston ring of some sorts. You probably want to peek inside with a borescope for any evidence of scrapes or excessive wear. Don't just ignore it and wait for the 'big bang' to happen.

Good luck,
Rob

On 4/16/2018 7:40 PM, Bobby Paulk wrote:

Quote:

Bobby

Zodiac 601

Jabiru 3300 295 hrs.

boblana(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

I have a Arion Lightning with Jabiru 3300. At my inspection #4 cyl was down to 62/80 at 290 hrs.
I was told to run the plane at 2850 RPM for 3 hrs straight which I did but have not checked it .
I wish we had more input from other owners.
Bob

On Monday, April 16, 2018 10:44 AM, Bobby Paulk <bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net> wrote:

Bobby

Zodiac 601

Jabiru 3300 295 hrs.

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

lbmathias1(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

Is anyone interested in a HacMan?   Still in original wrapper; make me an offer.
Linda Mathias

Jabiru 3300
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Robert powers <boblana(at)sbcglobal.net (boblana(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
Quote:
I have a Arion Lightning with Jabiru 3300. At my inspection #4 cyl was down to 62/80 at 290 hrs.
I was told to run the plane at 2850 RPM for 3 hrs straight which I did but have not checked it .
Bob

On Monday, April 16, 2018 10:44 AM, Bobby Paulk <bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net (bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Bobby

Zodiac 601

Jabiru 3300 295 hrs.

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#m_-6403550583859371081_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

lbnpk3(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

Linda,
Please contact me at lbnpk3(at)gmai (lbnpk3(at)gmail.com)l dot com as I am interested

Larry
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, at 2:50 PM, Linda Mathias <lbmathias1(at)gmail.com (lbmathias1(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Is anyone interested in a HacMan? Still in original wrapper; make me an offer.
Linda Mathias
Jabiru 3300
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:08 PM, Robert powers <boblana(at)sbcglobal.net (boblana(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
Quote:
Bob

On Monday, April 16, 2018 10:44 AM, Bobby Paulk <bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net (bobbypaulk(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Bobby
Zodiac 601
Jabiru 3300 295 hrs.

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=x-msg://17/#m_-6403550583859371081_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2][/url]

kayberg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Service Bulletins Reply with quote

I'm guessing you overheated the cylinder and now it is time for a top overhaul.

Most likely it is a valve problem, but you need to deal with it and deal with your airflow issues.

In my opinion

Doug Koenigsberg

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: