Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Door Seals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfritz(at)bpgsim.com

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Door Seals Reply with quote

I am getting ready to install door seals.  Some have installed them on
the door openings and others have installed them on the doors
themselves.  Is there any consensus on which option is better or is this
another primer war?

David

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Bob Turner

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Door Seals Reply with quote

Good analogy. IMHO technique and attention to detail are more important than the brand of paint you use. Same thing for brand and placement of door seals.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dan(at)syz.com

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Door Seals Reply with quote

Not wanting to inflame any kind of war, and there are always "better ways" of doing things, but I installed the stock Van's seals exactly as they describe and have been really happy with them. I haven't noticed any leaks coming in, and though I agonized a lot of what to do initially, now that they're in and the plane has been flying for a bit more than a year, I honestly haven't given them a second thought.

One thing I like about the seals on the door is that they lift out of the way when the door is open and people are less likely to catch on them when getting in and out. In particular, I've found that passengers with longer legs who jump in before I tell them the "proper way" to do so often struggle to get their legs in and if the seals were on the door openings they would definitely be catching on them.

But of course, I've seen other RV-10s with seals on the frame and they look great. I'm sure that you'll be happy with whatever you decide to do.

Dan

Quote:
On 2018-May-04, at 9:59 AM, David J. Fritzsche <dfritz(at)bpgsim.com> wrote:

I am getting ready to install door seals. Some have installed them on the door openings and others have installed them on the doors themselves. Is there any consensus on which option is better or is this another primer war?

David

---
Dan Charrois
President, Syzygy Research & Technology
Phone: 780-961-2213

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: