Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleveland Wheels - parts breakdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philperry9

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Cleveland Wheels - parts breakdown Reply with quote

Hard to believe it’s almost been a year since the RV-10 started flying. A year of flying goes by waaaaay faster than a year of building!

In the process of inspecting my brakes, tires, wheel bearings, etc, I discovered that one of the felt seals that sits in the molded cup had been torn.

I can’t seem to find a parts breakdown for the Cleveland mains and would like to order a few extra seals to keep on the shelf.

A local parts house had a seal of the right diameter but too thick. So I trimmed it down and made it fit. But I’d still like to identify the correct part number and possibly even the correct bearings (with the timken auto equivalent part numbers).

That would be very helpful if one of you had it.

As far as the inspection goes on the lower end of the airplane. (120ish Hours and I’m guessing around 200 cycles - need to check the exact number).

The tires needed to be flipped on their wheels. The two outboard treads were gone on the left main. The right main had a little more tread than the left but not much. The center and inboard edges were pretty much untouched.

I’ll easily be able to run these tires for another year and will have to replace them next year.

The felt seal on the right main needed replaced as it was torn in two places.

I was worried about the corrosion issues that Dave Saylor experienced with his plane that sat. Mine was good. All bearings and races looked new and were repacked with Aeroshell 5 (since it got time this far corrosion free). The only bearing that showed some wear was the right main where the seal broke. It shows a tiny amount of wear but nothing to worry about.

At the end of phase 1, I had reset my breakout force. But in rechecking it is was ridiculously light. So I reset it again.

Other than that, no issues down low. Pretty straight forward and minimal stuff to fix....

Phil

Sent from my iPhone

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Dave Saylor

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Cleveland Wheels - parts breakdown Reply with quote

Here ya go, Phil. I think this is the page you're looking for.

Here's the whole catalog
<http://www.parker.com/parkerimages/Parker.com/Literature/Aircraft%20Wheel%20&%20Brake%20Division/AWB%20Static%20Files%20for%20Literature/AWBPC0001.pdf>

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: