Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak-List: Re: Yak-List: Removing CJ’s Emergency Air Tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colin mcgeachy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Yak-List: Re: Yak-List: Removing CJ’s Emergency Air Tank Reply with quote

It's relatively straightforward. Pull the battery tray and, if memory serves, you'll need to remove one of the tray rails. There's not a lot of room but it will lift up and out once the pipework is disconnected. 

Colin
On Tue, May 8, 2018, 11:03 AM Justin Drafts, <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Good morning Byron,
Have you heard any tips & techniques yet?
I'm curious myself, as I may be replacing my own E-bottle soon.
All I can immediately think of is going back thru the aft "wall" of rear cockpit and up thru the circular cutout in the belly aft of the E-bottle.
Justin Drafts
N280NC
On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Byron Fox <byronmfox(at)gmail.com (byronmfox(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I intend remove and replace this tank which lies below the rack on which my batteries sit. I’m looking for any guidance from those who’ve undertaken this task.
Blitz Fox415-307-2405

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

Clouddog

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Yak-List: Re: Yak-List: Removing CJ’s Emergency Air Tank Reply with quote

Position the body of bottle so the Emergency Bottle drain is pointing down
through the lower bracket body. The tubing guess forward, under the radio
rack supports (cargo area) and to the right sure of aircraft. Then go
forward up the right side of aircraft to aft emergency handle, then forward

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

byronmfox(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Yak-List: Re: Yak-List: Removing CJ’s Emergency Air Tank Reply with quote

Indeed I did, Justin.
Jon Blake wrote the he replaced his emergency tank in Februaryby removing “the sheet metal making up the floor of my baggage compartment. “

....Where your battery rack is installed there is a wider opening to remove the bottle vertically (up). No removal of the racks are required”

Blitz Fox415-307-2405

On May 8, 2018, at 7:52 AM, Justin Drafts <draftsjust417(at)gmail.com (draftsjust417(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Good morning Byron,
Have you heard any tips & techniques yet?
I'm curious myself, as I may be replacing my own E-bottle soon.
All I can immediately think of is going back thru the aft "wall" of rear cockpit and up thru the circular cutout in the belly aft of the E-bottle.
Justin Drafts
N280NC
On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 3:29 PM, Byron Fox <byronmfox(at)gmail.com (byronmfox(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I intend remove and replace this tank which lies below the rack on which my batteries sit. I’m looking for any guidance from those who’ve undertaken this task.
Blitz Fox415-307-2405

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: