Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avionics Wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GalinHdz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Bob;  When you go to do the avionics wiring, contact Tim Haas at Approach FastStack. Give him your setup and he will come up with a wiring system tailored for your airplane. You will save countless hours of fabrication and things will be done right. Even though I am very good at avionics "stuff" I did this with my DYNON SkyView system installation and am so happy with the results. It was well worth the price.My 2 cents.

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List
wschertz343(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Galin
I was under the impression that Bob Reed had purchased an Approach FastStack, because he put me in touch with them years ago at Oshkosh. I used one, and everything worked, and Importantly, when my Blue Mountain EFIS died, I was able to call Approach and they made me a new cable that made installation of the Grand Rapids replacement very easy. It is a great system

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:55 PM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Avionics Wiring

Bob; When you go to do the avionics wiring, contact Tim Haas at Approach FastStack. Give him your setup and he will come up with a wiring system tailored for your airplane. You will save countless hours of fabrication and things will be done right. Even though I am very good at avionics "stuff" I did this with my DYNON SkyView system installation and am so happy with the results. It was well worth the price.My 2 cents.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Robert Reed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Avionics Wiring Reply with quote

Bill an Galin

Bill, you are right that I have the Approach FastStack in place but I am not sure at this point it will have any purpose in the wiring process.
The long delay in finishing my plane has unfortunately resulted in many things changing and some complete restarts with all of the panel being one and by far the most expensive. My BlueMountain system went into the trash can along with several other things not the least of which was the Arrosance FADIC system.
As a result I will be starting from scratch with the panel and have decided to go with an all one source approach. I am installing the Dynon Skyview HDX system with all Dynon COM radios, Transponder, ADSB, and engine monitors. I am setting up for Dynon autopilot as well. As a result of using the Dynon entirely the wiring is simplified by using their wiring harnesses and a common serial buss. I haven’t found any use for the approach system in the construction. The most I am going to be doing is installing the DB connectors on some of the cables. 
As for the current status let me start with a single word...HOT! Damn it is HOT!
I had the engine for too many years and feared that it was not properly pickled so I had it pulled off and torn down expecting the worst. To my surprise there was no rust anywhere in the engine and no AD’s on the engine. The only issues were old seals and gaskets along with gummy residue from the old preservation oil. What I feared would be a $12k overhaul ended up as just $3k for tear down, inspect and rebuild. They are supposed to be reinstalling it this week including most of the FLYEFII system components.
That leaves me with the engine wiring, exhaust and prop to install along with about 40 hours of internal wiring to finish. The upholstery is complete. All wiring to wings and tail done and tested along with fuel lines and pitot lines. Another day or two behind the back seat and all the antenna will be done. In all I estimate about 120 hours if the heat doesn’t slow me down too much.

Bob Reed
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 27, 2018, at 11:41 PM, Bill Schertz <wschertz343(at)gmail.com (wschertz343(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Galin
I was under the impression that Bob Reed had purchased an Approach FastStack, because he put me in touch with them years ago at Oshkosh. I used one, and everything worked, and Importantly, when my Blue Mountain EFIS died, I was able to call Approach and they made me a new cable that made installation of the Grand Rapids replacement very easy. It is a great system

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:55 PM
To: kis-list(at)matronics.com (kis-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Avionics Wiring

Bob; When you go to do the avionics wiring, contact Tim Haas at Approach FastStack. Give him your setup and he will come up with a wiring system tailored for your airplane. You will save countless hours of fabrication and things will be done right. Even though I am very good at avionics "stuff" I did this with my DYNON SkyView system installation and am so happy with the results. It was well worth the price.My 2 cents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: