Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine mount Mk3 to Hirth F30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojaveclimber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Engine mount Mk3 to Hirth F30 Reply with quote

Greetings Kolb ers:
I am in the beginning stage of retrofitting my R582 powered Mk3 with a Hirth F30. I recognize the wheel has already been invented and have no desire to reinvent I thought to inquire as to the existence of an engine mount kit for my project. Does any one know of a kit, kit vendor, manufacture, or builder who can source a Mk3 to F30 engine mount? My idea of a good mount configuration is a vertically oriented bolted sandwich of engine, rubber, air-frame, rubber at four corners and two horizontal sandwiches located port and starboard to control thrust. What say you all?

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Engine mount Mk3 to Hirth F30 Reply with quote

Is this a used engine? The F-30 was replaced by the 3002/3003 series back s few years ago. I think your best source for information would be Matt Dandar at RPE (Recreational Power Engineering) he’s been the distributor for Hirth for 20 some years. He has pictures of different installations on his website that might help? The other great source would be Heaven Bound Aviation. You can Google both.
I converted my original Firestar to Hirth 2702 this last winter. I’ve flown nothing but Rotax engines for 30+ years so it was hard for me to switch brands. But, Rotax has left us air-cooled two cycle users high and dry, unless you’re confident in flying a rebuilt engine. They’ve discontinued the 377,447 and 503 series.
I’ve put 35hrs on my engine since May. I do run the Hirth recommended (Blue Max oil (at) 90 to 1. Good luck on your project. Feel free to email me off the list if I can help.
-George-
George H.
Firestar, FS100, Hirth 2702
14GDH
Mesick, Michigan
gdhelton(at)gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Jun 30, 2018, at 3:46 AM, mojaveclimber <mojaveclimber(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Greetings Kolb ers:
I am in the beginning stage of retrofitting my R582 powered Mk3 with a Hirth F30. I recognize the wheel has already been invented and have no desire to reinvent I thought to inquire as to the existence of an engine mount kit for my project. Does any one know of a kit, kit vendor, manufacture, or builder who can source a Mk3 to F30 engine mount? My idea of a good mount configuration is a vertically oriented bolted sandwich of engine, rubber, air-frame, rubber at four corners and two horizontal sandwiches located port and starboard to control thrust. What say you all?

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=481289#481289

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rolif6

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Engine mount Mk3 to Hirth F30 Reply with quote

Matronics Email Lists are a great way to get your products and services in front of millions of customers.Also you can get help on this blo to resolve your problems. We have access to millions of email addresses, so we can provide you with a high-quality mailing list that will help you capture new business opportunities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: