Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Non-DoD Source] Re: Circuit breaker size for pitot heat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j.mevis(at)computer.org

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Circuit breaker size for pitot heat? Reply with quote

Thanks Rob!
I join Mark in his opinion. Not the first time that you presented superb diagrams!

Jan

On 10/07/2018, 18:38, "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV NAVAIR, WD" <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil> wrote:

Once again you taught me something I did not know!

Mark

p.s. Where do you get these diagrams from that show you this, that are in freaking English? Or: Вы говорите по-русски?

--

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Rob Rowe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: Circuit breaker size for pitot he Reply with quote

Mark & Jan, thanks for your kind words & for the record "Я не говорю и не читаю русский" ... but latterly Goggle translate is my friend and before that OCR / translation software :-)

Over the last decade I've re-drawn all the wiring diagrams by hand having reverse engineered all the originally supplied schematics and researched the key devices to find out how they work.

Hence our free ranging discussions over the years on voltage regulation, fuel displays and 'shower of sparks'!

The work continues and only recently have I gained an understanding of how the stabilising transformer helps manage voltage regulation on high current load transitions and why Baklan replacement radios appear to work better with the original antenna than new ones.

On that topic ... the original antenna has a crude 1st order RC high pass filter / splitter at the base of the antenna for the radio feed, and an LR low pass to the ADF sense feed, so the bulk of square wave ignition noise harmonic energy is filtered before it gets to the radio RF stage.

As radio is more your area of expertise than mine Mark I'd welcome your thoughts on finding a higher order in-line high pass filter suitable for a transceiver to work with replacement antennas.

Rob R.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: