Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wing leveller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william(at)wbliss.co.uk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Wing leveller Reply with quote

Hello all

Can anyone advise on the current market/tech in wing levellers for
Permit Europa's in UK. My instruments are mainly "steam type" and I do
not want to change them all. I may add a pitch controller in the future.
I have found Trio, Trutrac, Dynon and Garmin. Don't need a big bright
display duplicating what I can already see and hoping not to spend a
fortune. Are the older Navaid units reliable?

Thanks

William Bliss G-WUFF Mono

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
dpark748(at)me.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Wing leveller Reply with quote

I fitted Trio Autopilot and Alt. Hold. Both fit under seats and work perfectly, linked to GPS.
Regards
Dave Park
Quote:
On 21 Jul 2018, at 22:11, William Bliss <william(at)wbliss.co.uk> wrote:

Hello all

Can anyone advise on the current market/tech in wing levellers for Permit Europa's in UK. My instruments are mainly "steam type" and I do not want to change them all. I may add a pitch controller in the future. I have found Trio, Trutrac, Dynon and Garmin. Don't need a big bright display duplicating what I can already see and hoping not to spend a fortune. Are the older Navaid units reliable?

Thanks

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ken carp

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Wing leveller Reply with quote

Still using a Trutrak for ten years ,600 hours and it works without problem.

Sent from my iPad
Ken Carpenter

Quote:
On Jul 21, 2018, at 5:11 PM, William Bliss <william(at)wbliss.co.uk> wrote:

Hello all

Can anyone advise on the current market/tech in wing levellers for Permit Europa's in UK. My instruments are mainly "steam type" and I do not want to change them all. I may add a pitch controller in the future. I have found Trio, Trutrac, Dynon and Garmin. Don't need a big bright display duplicating what I can already see and hoping not to spend a fortune. Are the older Navaid units reliable?

Thanks

Ivor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wing leveller Reply with quote

Ditto with a Trutrak still working well after 10 years, great for long distance touring allows frequencies changes and complex navigation to be undertaken
without being 20% off track when you look up again,

Duncan McFadyean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Wing leveller Reply with quote

Had a lot of difficulty with (earlier, Digitrak) Trutrak. Mostly I think due to overheating of the voltage regulator in the servo, which then caused thermal shut down until it cooled down, but without any indication this was happening other than finding oneself pointing in the wrong direction. New servo circuit board(s) and, in particular, a cooler environment seems to have solved that for 10+ years now. A similar effect occurs when the shear-screw shears, but without knowing it; it's not immediately apparent.
Note that Trutrak's servo is widely used by other brands.
Duncan McF.

----Original Message----
Date: 21/07/2018 22:11
To: <europa-list(at)matronics.com>
Subj: Wing leveller

--> Europa-List message posted by: William Bliss <william(at)wbliss.co.uk>

Hello all

Can anyone advise on the current market/tech in wing levellers for
Permit Europa's in UK. My instruments are mainly "steam type" and I do
not want to change them all. I may add a pitch controller in the future.
I have found Trio, Trutrac, Dynon and Garmin. Don't need a big bright
display duplicating what I can already see and hoping not to spend a
fortune. Are the older Navaid units - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -

graeme bird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Wing leveller Reply with quote

I put in a trutrak ADI pitch and roll slaved to my area 500 and am very pleased with it. Needed a step up in the roll servo from the baseline.

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
roddyeuropa(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject: Wing leveller Reply with quote

I fitted a trio with both roll and pitch. All works well, but if I did it again I probably wouldn't install the pitch servo. It a lot more work to install (pitch tube needs to come out) and I don’t use it that much.
Roddy Kesterton
G-IKRK

--

william(at)wbliss.co.uk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Wing leveller Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for your replies regarding a wing leveller.

I will see what I can find at the next LAA rally.

Andy Draper is presently testing an aircaft with the Garmin G5 setup.

William

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: