Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paqs345(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Engine power Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeing a problem with engine power output. It is something that has developed over time, at least 6 month or so. I don't get full rpm at full throttle anymore, and especially at low/near idle rpm it feels like it runs a bit irregular, almost like a small intake leak, but I could not find one. With new spark plugs it is not so noticeable, but gets worse with worn ones. 
Compression is good, boost pump on/off is no change, but I do have quite a different rpm drop between ignition A and B. 
Has anyone seen this or similar?
I have had to rebuild my web site, and some of you still have items for sale on it. Could you please check if that is still up to date and also the contact info?
www.caro-engineering.com.
I was in Oshkosh this year, but with Caro 1, and my trip report is under "News".
Sonja

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
ghf4986(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Engine power Reply with quote

Sonja,

I had a similar problem on a new engine after about 30 hrs. I checked everything only to find corrosion on the ground contacts for the electronic modules. Certainly not what I would have expected on a new engine.
I do not see my epoxy pump for sale on your page, also on my ipad the photos cover much of the text.
Dennis Adams

Sent from an IPad

On Aug 12, 2018, at 8:01 AM, Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com (paqs345(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm seeing a problem with engine power output. It is something that has developed over time, at least 6 month or so. I don't get full rpm at full throttle anymore, and especially at low/near idle rpm it feels like it runs a bit irregular, almost like a small intake leak, but I could not find one. With new spark plugs it is not so noticeable, but gets worse with worn ones.
Compression is good, boost pump on/off is no change, but I do have quite a different rpm drop between ignition A and B.
I have had to rebuild my web site, and some of you still have items for sale on it. Could you please check if that is still up to date and also the contact info?
I was in Oshkosh this year, but with Caro 1, and my trip report is under "News".
Sonja

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

myrontruex(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Engine power Reply with quote

I found my bottom plug would cause this. Not so much as a drop in power but a distinct difference in rpm’s between mags.

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Dennis Adams
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2018 8:19 AM
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Engine power

Sonja,

I had a similar problem on a new engine after about 30 hrs. I checked everything only to find corrosion on the ground contacts for the electronic modules. Certainly not what I would have expected on a new engine.

I do not see my epoxy pump for sale on your page, also on my ipad the photos cover much of the text.

Dennis Adams
Sent from an IPad
On Aug 12, 2018, at 8:01 AM, Sonja Englert <paqs345(at)gmail.com (paqs345(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Sonja

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: