Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

V530 prop blades settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: V530 prop blades settings Reply with quote

Quote:
While disassembling my B530TA prop on my CJ-6 for a good cleaning, inspection, and replacing oil and grease seals, I neglected to measure the blade angles.
Can anyone of you experts out there tell me the blade angle and if that angle is the low pitch or high pitch angle.
I have an overhaul manual for the prop, but its written for the Velga aircraft and I know the angles in this manual are wrong for the CJ.

I do know that the angle is set at the ONE meter point from the center of the prop shaft. I need to know the angle and if at the low pitch or high pitch stops.

I did this several years ago and simply didn't write down the correct numbers in that manual.

Thanks in advance.
Jim "Pappy" Goolsby
I

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
wlannon(at)shaw.ca

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: V530 prop blades settings Reply with quote

Pappy;

I don’t believe there are any published blade angle settings for the V530/M14P on the CJ 6.

The only angle specs. I have seen are included in an addendum to the M14P Maintenance manual. These are “presumably” for the Yak 52 and/or the YaK 55.
I have used them for the CJ6 installation and seem to work fine.

Angles are always set at low pitch and checked for conformity at high pitch.

Low Pitch -- 14 deg. 30 min. +/_ 10 min. Max. between blades 10 min. (personally I do not allow more than 5 min. here).
High pitch -- 34 deg. 20 min. +/_ 20 min.

The Polish manual you have is for the 260 HP AI14R installation on the Wilga using a 10” larger dia. prop at a Max. of 2350 RPM

Cheers;
Walt

Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2018 8:43 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: V530 prop blades settings

Quote:
While disassembling my B530TA prop on my CJ-6 for a good cleaning, inspection, and replacing oil and grease seals, I neglected to measure the blade angles.
Can anyone of you experts out there tell me the blade angle and if that angle is the low pitch or high pitch angle.
I have an overhaul manual for the prop, but its written for the Velga aircraft and I know the angles in this manual are wrong for the CJ.

I do know that the angle is set at the ONE meter point from the center of the prop shaft. I need to know the angle and if at the low pitch or high pitch stops.

I did this several years ago and simply didn't write down the correct numbers in that manual.

Thanks in advance.
Jim "Pappy" Goolsby
I

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: V530 prop blades settings Reply with quote

Walt,
Much thanks. Those numbers sound very familiar and have jogged this aged memory. You're correct about no published settings for the CJ-6 as the M-14P. I believe the first M-14 powered CJ-6 was done here in the states by Bud Harrell.
I'll use these numbers, they make sense.
Cheery O Wink
Jim "Pappy" Goolsby
--

ALEXGTPROPELLERS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: V530 prop blades settings Reply with quote

In my experience 13° (at) 1MT radius is fine.
Made one Saturday.
Depends if engine is in good shape, governor setting, hub blades bearings works freely ecc .This with original russian blades sized 2.40.
With 2.50 GT blades we go (at) same radius 15°.
Normally we set to achieve 95/98% on ground (at) full power.

Hope this can help
Ciao Alex

https://www.facebook.com/yakpropellerexpert/photos/pcb.574568489608108/574567526274871/?type=3&theater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: