Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sport Pilot Tailwheel Instructors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
armstromike(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Sport Pilot Tailwheel Instructors Reply with quote

Hello all - I’m getting back into aviation after ~ a five year break and have recently purchased a Kolb Mark III with a Rotax 912UL..
I live in Bend Oregon and am looking for some tailwheel instruction. Training in my plane would be great however it only has brakes on the PIC side.
I can travel if need be and my preference is to train in a small, light, and similar airplane.

Any contact information or suggested sources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mike 541-480-7892

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Arty Trost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Sport Pilot Tailwheel Instructors Reply with quote

Hi Mike -
Check with Joe Sheldon at Cline Falls Airpark in Redmond. He's not an instructor, but he does lots of work on ultralight-type and light sport aircraft and probably knows who might be giving instruction in the Bend/Prineville/Redmond area. His contact info is: joe(at)lsaaviationsrvc.com 541.892.7637 www.lsaaviationsrvc.com

If you can get someone to ferry your Kolb down to Cave Junction (Illinois Valley Airport) one of the best instructors around is Wolf Emonds. He has a full-time flight training school. What's even better - he has a lodge practically next to the airport that he lets students stay in. Contact him (at) captaindrakesfaa(at)gmail.com 541.415.0600 captaindrakesfaa.com
If you decide to go this route, you might want to contact Dave Richards at Eagle's Nest Airport (OR65) in Eagle Creek, Oregon who does a lot of ferrying of Light Sport aircraft and definitely knows how to fly taildraggers. He's usually eager to ferry. Reach him (at) 503.407.8531
If you want taildragger instruction in a Cub, contact Steve Huggins, who is an instructor and who also lives (at) Eagle's Nest. Reach him (at) drhuggins1(at)aol.com or 503.939.3375. He might be willing to train you in your own Kolb.

And...if you're not averse to doing a little traveling, join us at Sandy River Airport (O36) on Saturday, July 27 for our annual ultralight/light sport fly-in and barbeque. We usually have anywhere from 15-20 ultralight-type LSAs fly in, and we have almost a dozen which hangar at our field. Bring the family!
Hope this is helpful -
Arty Trost
Sandy River Airport
Talon Typhoon

"I refuse to tip toe through life just to arrive safely at death."

On Sunday, June 9, 2019, 10:27:42 PM PDT, Mike <armstromike(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all - I’m getting back into aviation after ~ a five year break and have recently purchased a Kolb Mark III with a Rotax 912UL..
I live in Bend Oregon and am looking for some tailwheel instruction. Training in my plane would be great however it only has brakes on the PIC side.
I can travel if need be and my preference is to train in a small, light, and similar airplane.

Any contact information or suggested sources would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mike 541-480-7892

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: