Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full control deflection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdaniell.longport(at)gmai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

So.....my aileron deflection complies with the manual.
Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway.  04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees. 
i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee.   I have never even come close before.
I guess next time higher , fast approach and less flaps
Will

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
freddythek10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.

Will
William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Will…”less flaps” you say…a happy option for the trip-gear…I’m wondering if there are any mono wheels flying with electric flaps decoupled from the LG…?

Fred

PS: this week N194XS received its Special Airworthiness Certificate…yay !!

Quote:
On Sep 14, 2019, at 8:59 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.

Will

William Daniell
+1 786 878 0246

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Yip, Erich in vegas, beautiful mono classic with elec retract outriggers.

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Will…”less flaps” you say…a happy option for the trip-gear…I’m wondering if there are any mono wheels flying with electric flaps decoupled from the LG…?

Fred

PS: this week N194XS received its Special Airworthiness Certificate…yay !!

> On Sep 14, 2019, at 8:59 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So.....my aileron deflection complies with the manual.
>
> Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
> i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.
>
> I guess next time higher , fast approach and less flaps
>
> Will
>
>
> William Daniell
> +1 786 878 0246

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Yes, Erich has a beautiful bird with amazing fully retractable outriggers
but (Erich...correct me if I’m wrong) I believe his flaps are still coupled to his mono wheel LG

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2019, at 11:04 AM, Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Will…”less flaps” you say…a happy option for the trip-gear…I’m wondering if there are any mono wheels flying with electric flaps decoupled from the LG…?
>
> Fred
>
> PS: this week N194XS received its Special Airworthiness Certificate…yay !!
>
>> On Sep 14, 2019, at 8:59 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So.....my aileron deflection complies with the manual.
>>
>> Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
>> i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.
>>
>> I guess next time higher , fast approach and less flaps
>>
>> Will
>>
>>
>> William Daniell
>> +1 786 878 0246
>
>
>
>
>

Paul M 383

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Full control deflection Reply with quote

freddythek10(at)gmail.com wrote:
Yes, Erich has a beautiful bird with amazing fully retractable outriggers
but (Erich...correct me if I’m wrong) I believe his flaps are still coupled to his mono wheel LG

Sent from my iPhone

From the looks of this photo, maybe not connected...

HTH

Paul M

https://ar.flightaware.com/photos/view/171364-b3fa544d6381be3e87c8916afe4c0a4e23ac4595

cbd3a78bf52fa8ed1ac77d09bc59dc3b1d6f5c38.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.76 KB
 Viewed:  6432 Time(s)

cbd3a78bf52fa8ed1ac77d09bc59dc3b1d6f5c38.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Quote:
On Sep 15, 2019, at 7:46 PM, Paul M 383 <europaul383(at)hotmail.com (europaul383(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
From the looks of this photo, maybe not connected…

yes…certainly a possibility...
Quote:

alan.twigg775(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

As I have a motor glider variant, I am most interested in electric outrigger details.
Alan Twigg
Kit 463, complete but struggling with control deflections.

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On 15 Sep 2019, at 19:04, Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Will…”less flaps” you say…a happy option for the trip-gear…I’m wondering if there are any mono wheels flying with electric flaps decoupled from the LG…?
>
> Fred
>
> PS: this week N194XS received its Special Airworthiness Certificate…yay !!
>
>> On Sep 14, 2019, at 8:59 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So.....my aileron deflection complies with the manual.
>>
>> Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
>> i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.
>>
>> I guess next time higher , fast approach and less flaps
>>
>> Will
>>
>>
>> William Daniell
>> +1 786 878 0246
>
>
>
>
>

peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Erich’s custom outriggers fold up sideways into custom classic-foam wing carved out rebates. Not applicable to the carbon prepreg glider wings.

Cheers,
Pete

Quote:
On Sep 16, 2019, at 1:47 AM, Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775(at)gmail.com> wrote:

As I have a motor glider variant, I am most interested in electric outrigger details.
Alan Twigg
Kit 463, complete but struggling with control deflections.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 15 Sep 2019, at 19:04, Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Yip, Erich in vegas, beautiful mono classic with elec retract outriggers.
>
>> On Sep 15, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Will…”less flaps” you say…a happy option for the trip-gear…I’m wondering if there are any mono wheels flying with electric flaps decoupled from the LG…?
>>
>> Fred
>>
>> PS: this week N194XS received its Special Airworthiness Certificate…yay !!
>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2019, at 8:59 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> So.....my aileron deflection complies with the manual.
>>>
>>> Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
>>> i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.
>>>
>>> I guess next time higher , fast approach and less flaps
>>>
>>> Will
>>>
>>>
>>> William Daniell
>>> +1 786 878 0246
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

alan.twigg775(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Thanks Pete, I did see some miniature actuators several years ago that one Europaphile was intending to use but heard no more.
Alan Twigg

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On 16 Sep 2019, at 11:26, Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com> wrote:

Hi Alan,

Erich’s custom outriggers fold up sideways into custom classic-foam wing carved out rebates. Not applicable to the carbon prepreg glider wings.

Cheers,
Pete

> On Sep 16, 2019, at 1:47 AM, Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> As I have a motor glider variant, I am most interested in electric outrigger details.
> Alan Twigg
> Kit 463, complete but struggling with control deflections.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 15 Sep 2019, at 19:04, Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Yip, Erich in vegas, beautiful mono classic with elec retract outriggers.
>>
>>> On Sep 15, 2019, at 1:19 PM, Fred Klein <freddythek10(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Will…”less flaps” you say…a happy option for the trip-gear…I’m wondering if there are any mono wheels flying with electric flaps decoupled from the LG…?
>>>
>>> Fred
>>>
>>> PS: this week N194XS received its Special Airworthiness Certificate…yay !!
>>>
>>>> On Sep 14, 2019, at 8:59 AM, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> So.....my aileron deflection complies with the manual.
>>>>
>>>> Yesterday it was 27kt pretty much straight down the runway. 04FA Richards field is surrounded by trees.
>>>> i had full flaps and everything was fine until about 250ft...for the first time i used and held in (for a moment) full left aileron control deflection with the stick hard against my left knee. I have never even come close before.
>>>>
>>>> I guess next time higher , fast approach and less flaps
>>>>
>>>> Will
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> William Daniell
>>>> +1 786 878 0246
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>

erichdtrombley(at)juno.co

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Hi Fred,

I do have electric flaps and they are decoupled from the main gear. Same installation as the tri-gear flaps. Its the retractable outriggers that are coupled to the main gear.

Cheers,

Erich
N28ET
Classic Mono 914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Full control deflection Reply with quote

Hey Erich...I figured as much...and a very sweet, and unique installation it is. Hope you’re enjoying some sunshine and good flying weather ...up here in the PNW we be under serious cloud cover, though finally this afternoon we have some blue sky...

Fred

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Sep 18, 2019, at 12:47 PM, Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley(at)juno.com> wrote:

Hi Fred,

I do have electric flaps and they are decoupled from the main gear. Same installation as the tri-gear flaps. Its the retractable outriggers that are coupled to the main gear.

Cheers,

Erich
N28ET
Classic Mono 914

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: