Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home safe (and sound?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilot623(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Carla and I left KLWC yesterday at 8:50 AM with a nice tailwind and 2.5 hour ETE. Before long we were deviating south of the big yellow and green ball that passed through Lawrence the night before. I kept going lower and lower, ending up between layers. Once popping through a small channel of ground visibility, we made northerly progress until the ceiling dropped too far. We put down in Peru, IL (KVYS Illinois Valley Regional) with about 300’ ceilings and borrowed the courtesy car to get some lunch. When we got back to the airport, the ceiling was lower and rain was starting so we drove the courtesy car home the last 75 miles. I just got home from retrieving the plane.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Hopefully next time the weather will be mo better for giving rides. I remember that was always a highlight of the gathering the first 8 years I attended while still building. We’re all for yearly reunions if Greg can stomach it.

Jim & Carla
N623JF

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
papa11(at)centurylink.net

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

On 9/30/2019 2:23 PM, Jim Fillman wrote:

Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Carla and I left KLWC yesterday at 8:50 AM with a nice tailwind and 2.5 hour ETE. Before long we were deviating south of the big yellow and green ball that passed through Lawrence the night before. I kept going lower and lower, ending up between layers. Once popping through a small channel of ground visibility, we made northerly progress until the ceiling dropped too far. We put down in Peru, IL (KVYS Illinois Valley Regional) with about 300’ ceilings and borrowed the courtesy car to get some lunch. When we got back to the airport, the ceiling was lower and rain was starting so we drove the courtesy car home the last 75 miles. I just got home from retrieving the plane.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Hopefully next time the weather will be mo better for giving rides. I remember that was always a highlight of the gathering the first 8 years I attended while still building. We’re all for yearly reunions if Greg can stomach it.

Jim & Carla
N623JF

Emil and Norine arived home after spending Sunday evening with our son time was 3:35 Monday

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rickyd54(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Great seeing everyone in Lawrence this year! Made it home safely in 5 and 1/2 hours. Headwind all the way and aggravatingly bumpy south of Little Rock. Checked my transponder and mode c with Little Rock approach and mode c was within 100 feet. However, it took a bit for them to see my transponder and then it dropped out when I was only 20 miles south of them. I think my old Terra may need replacing. Has anyone been pricing replacing their transponder with an ADS-B unit? If so, what’s the best deal found?
Rick

Sent from my iPhone

[quote] On Sep 30, 2019, at 2:37 PM, Emil Sr <papa11(at)centurylink.net> wrote:

> On 9/30/2019 2:23 PM, Jim Fillman wrote:
> Carla and I left KLWC yesterday at 8:50 AM with a nice tailwind and 2.5 hour ETE. Before long we were deviating south of the big yellow and green ball that passed through Lawrence the night before. I kept going lower and lower, ending up between layers. Once popping through a small channel of ground visibility, we made northerly progress until the ceiling dropped too far. We put down in Peru, IL (KVYS Illinois Valley Regional) with about 300’ ceilings and borrowed the courtesy car to get some lunch. When we got back to the airport, the ceiling was lower and rain was starting so we drove the courtesy car home the last 75 miles. I just got home from retrieving the plane

phil(at)ishml.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Garmin GTX-335 is ADS-B out only for $3,000…and qualifies for $500 FAA rebate.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Rick Thomason
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 4:40 PM
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Pulsar-List: Home safe (and sound?)

Great seeing everyone in Lawrence this year! Made it home safely in 5 and 1/2 hours. Headwind all the way and aggravatingly bumpy south of Little Rock. Checked my transponder and mode c with Little Rock approach and mode c was within 100 feet. However, it took a bit for them to see my transponder and then it dropped out when I was only 20 miles south of them. I think my old Terra may need replacing. Has anyone been pricing replacing their transponder with an ADS-B unit? If so, what’s the best deal found?
Rick
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 30, 2019, at 2:37 PM, Emil Sr <papa11(at)centurylink.net (papa11(at)centurylink.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

Emil and Norine arived home after spending Sunday evening with our son time was 3:35 Monday

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Glad to hear  from you all.  We left just before Jim & Carla and made it to Grand Island NE (KGRI) about 1.5 hours later, cruising at 6500 most of the way.  Timing was good because most airports along our route varied between MVFR and IFR.  According to Enterprise Rental Car, our car was peppered by hail and they want our insurance deductible.  Did anyone else notice hail damage?

Looking forward to the new website and next reunion.
Mike & Becky Cowan
Tiger N81289

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 7:48 PM Phil Ishmael <phil(at)ishml.com (phil(at)ishml.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Rick Thomason
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Home safe (and sound?)

Rick
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 30, 2019, at 2:37 PM, Emil Sr <papa11(at)centurylink.net (papa11(at)centurylink.net)> wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

pilot623(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

I don’t recall seeing any damage when we rode with you to the airport Sunday morning.

Jim

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Michael Cowan
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 8:27 PM

Glad to hear from you all. We left just before Jim & Carla and made it to Grand Island NE (KGRI) about 1.5 hours later, cruising at 6500 most of the way. Timing was good because most airports along our route varied between MVFR and IFR. According to Enterprise Rental Car, our car was peppered by hail and they want our insurance deductible. Did anyone else notice hail damage?

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 7:48 PM Phil Ishmael <phil(at)ishml.com (phil(at)ishml.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Rick Thomason

Rick
Sent from my iPhone
Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Thanks.  We heard from Chuck Stroh that he didn’t notice any damage.  We filed an insurance claim just so an adjuster could take a look at it but we told the insurance company we didn’t see any kind of damage and the rental agent didn’t send a pic via text as we requested.  Sounds fishy to us.

Sorry to hear you ran into weather but glad to know you found a good spot to land.  We’re probably going to bag the trip to MN - weather here is crummy too.
It was a good Fly In though.
See you later.  Mike

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:37 PM Jim Fillman <pilot623(at)gmail.com (pilot623(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

I don’t recall seeing any damage when we rode with you to the airport Sunday morning.

Jim

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of Michael Cowan

Glad to hear  from you all.  We left just before Jim & Carla and made it to Grand Island NE (KGRI) about 1.5 hours later, cruising at 6500 most of the way.  Timing was good because most airports along our route varied between MVFR and IFR.  According to Enterprise Rental Car, our car was peppered by hail and they want our insurance deductible.  Did anyone else notice hail damage?

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Phil

Rick
Sent from my iPhone
Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

On 10/1/2019 9:02 AM, Michael Cowan wrote:

Quote:
Thanks.  We heard from Chuck Stroh that he didn’t notice any damage.  We filed an insurance claim just so an adjuster could take a look at it but we told the insurance company we didn’t see any kind of damage and the rental agent didn’t send a pic via text as we requested.  Sounds fishy to us.

Sorry to hear you ran into weather but glad to know you found a good spot to land.  We’re probably going to bag the trip to MN - weather here is crummy too.
See you later.  Mike

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:37 PM Jim Fillman <pilot623(at)gmail.com (pilot623(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Jim

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of Michael Cowan

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Phil

Rick
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

Norine and Emil rented a car from Budget when we returned it we were cleared with no hail damage. Emil

w7ikt(at)fly-web.us

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Carol and I were in the motorhome when the hail fell at the hotel.  Loud, but not damage to car or motorhome.  Looking around next morning I did not see any damaged vehicles.
On 10/1/19 10:16 AM, Emil Sr wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

See you later.  Mike

Quote:

Jim

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Phil

Rick
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

Norine and Emil rented a car from Budget when we returned it we were cleared with no hail damage. Emil
--
God Loves You,
Bob W7IKT & Carol N5CBQ Heiser

valentine.boehm(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

I had 1 good size dent in the roof of my car.  I have not washed the car and examined it for small dents.  I figure I got the dent as I was about 10 minutes (miles ?) from the hotel when the rain and hail was at its worst.  Valentine

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:47 PM Bob Heiser <w7ikt(at)fly-web.us (w7ikt(at)fly-web.us)> wrote:

Quote:

Carol and I were in the motorhome when the hail fell at the hotel.  Loud, but not damage to car or motorhome.  Looking around next morning I did not see any damaged vehicles.
On 10/1/19 10:16 AM, Emil Sr wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

See you later.  Mike

Quote:

Jim

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Phil

Rick
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

--
God Loves You,
Bob W7IKT & Carol N5CBQ Heiser

ronko11(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

My Fiat was in the Holiday Inn parking lot during the hail storm.  Fortunately I do not see any damage on the roof or the hood or anywhere on the car.
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/1/19 8:02 AM (GMT-06:00)

See you later.  Mike

Quote:

Jim

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Phil

Rick
Sent from my iPhone
Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

donnc(at)inebraska.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

Likewise, Jon and I looked for hail damage on the Dodge SUV sitting out in the open in the Holiday Inn parking lot during the hail storm. We found no damage anywhere whatsoever.

On 2019-10-04 11:01, ronko11 wrote:
Quote:
My Fiat was in the Holiday Inn parking lot during the hail storm. Fortunately I do not see any damage on the roof or the hood or anywhere on the car.

Thanks. We heard from Chuck Stroh that he didn&rsquo;t notice any damage. We filed an insurance claim just so an adjuster could take a look at it but we told the insurance company we didn&rsquo;t see any kind of damage and the rental agent didn&rsquo;t send a pic via text as we requested. Sounds fishy to us.

Sorry to hear you ran into weather but glad to know you found a good spot to land. We&rsquo;re probably going to bag the trip to MN - weather here is crummy too.
See you later. Mike
Quote:

I don&rsquo;t recall seeing any damage when we rode with you to the airport Sunday morning.

Jim

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)> On Behalf Of Michael CowanSent: Monday, September 30, 2019 8:27 PMTo: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: Re: Home safe (and sound?)

Glad to hear from you all. We left just before Jim & Carla and made it to Grand Island NE (KGRI) about 1.5 hours later, cruising at 6500 most of the way. Timing was good because most airports along our route varied between MVFR and IFR. According to Enterprise Rental Car, our car was peppered by hail and they want our insurance deductible. Did anyone else notice hail damage?

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Garmin GTX-335 is ADS-B out only for $3,000&hellip;and qualifies for $500 FAA rebate.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Rick ThomasonSent: Monday, September 30, 2019 4:40 PMTo: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com (pulsar-list(at)matronics.com)Subject: Re: Home safe (and sound?)

Great seeing everyone in Lawrence this year! Made it home safely in 5 and 1/2 hours. Headwind all the way and aggravatingly bumpy south of Little Rock. Checked my transponder and mode c with Little Rock approach and mode c was within 100 feet. However, it took a bit for them to see my transponder and then it dropped out when I was only 20 miles south of them. I think my old Terra may need replacing. Has anyone been pricing replacing their transponder with an ADS-B unit? If so, what&rsquo;s the best deal found?
Rick
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Quote:

Carla and I left KLWC yesterday at 8:50 AM with a nice tailwind and 2.5 hour ETE. Before long we were deviating south of the big yellow and green ball that passed through Lawrence the night before. I kept going lower and lower, ending up between layers. Once popping through a small channel of ground visibility, we made northerly progress until the ceiling dropped too far. We put down in Peru, IL (KVYS Illinois Valley Regional) with about 300&rsquo; ceilings and borrowed the courtesy car to get some lunch. When we got back to the airport, the ceiling was lower and rain was starting so we drove the courtesy car home the last 75 miles. I just got home from retrieving the plane.

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Hopefully next time the weather will be mo better for giving rides. I remember that was always a highlight of the gathering the first 8 years I attended while still building. We&rsquo;re all for yearly reunions if Greg can stomach it.

Jim & Carla
N623JF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Home safe (and sound?) Reply with quote

On 10/4/2019 1:59 PM, donnc(at)inebraska.com (donnc(at)inebraska.com) wrote:

Quote:

Likewise, Jon and I looked for hail damage on the Dodge SUV sitting out in the open in the Holiday Inn parking lot during the hail storm.  We found no damage anywhere whatsoever.

On 2019-10-04 11:01, ronko11 wrote:
Quote:
My Fiat was in the Holiday Inn parking lot during the hail storm.  Fortunately I do not see any damage on the roof or the hood or anywhere on the car.

From: Michael Cowan <mikey.flyer53(at)gmail.com> (mikey.flyer53(at)gmail.com)

See you later.  Mike

Quote:

Jim

Mike & Becky Cowan

Tiger N81289

Quote:

Phil

Rick
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Quote:

Jim & Carla
N623JF

Emil and Norine returned chevy trax back to budget and there was no damage or hail damage the car was well inspected by budget personal and was declared ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: