Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-10 Cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooprv7(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?

Thanks,
Marcus

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

Have you tried Flightline? They may still offer them, I'm not sure.
They get so busy, but maybe they keep some made up in stock?
Tim

On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
Quote:

My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?

Thanks,
Marcus

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dmaib(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

I went through two Flightline covers. They seem like start breaking down and leaving a residue on the airplane after a few years. I wonder if the FL coastal climate has something to do with this. Abby at Flightline has been wonderful to work with. After the last one began deteriorating, I took advantage of a special Bruce Covers had two or three years ago. (might have been Airventure or Sun n’ Fun). I got the light weight travel cover. I’m very happy with it. Excellent quality and they will customize for antennas, lights, etc. So far it’s holding up well.

David Maib
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:37, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:

Tim

> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>
> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
> Thanks,
> Marcus

cooprv7(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:02 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

That’s what I had the first time. I liked how compact it is and I just saw it on their website. The Bruce cover looks nicer but I wonder how bulky it is when stuffed in the cargo hold?

Thanks,
Marcus

Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:28, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:

Tim

> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>
> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
> Thanks,
> Marcus

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

I know Scott has one and likes it. It's multiple times bigger and
heavier though. I think it's about the size of a 5 gallon pail
or so when packed. Is that correct, Scott? If you're not usually
packed tight, that may still work.
Tim
On 3/31/20 12:58 PM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
Quote:

That’s what I had the first time. I liked how compact it is and I just saw it on their website. The Bruce cover looks nicer but I wonder how bulky it is when stuffed in the cargo hold?

Thanks,
Marcus

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:28, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Have you tried Flightline? They may still offer them, I'm not sure.
> They get so busy, but maybe they keep some made up in stock?
> Tim
>
>> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>>
>> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
>> Thanks,
>> Marcus

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

I didn't know they made a light travel cover. That's interesting.
If you have any pics of it on and off/packed, I'd be interested
to see what it looks like. Just so I'm more informed as to
what's out there. My original Flightline cover is still holding up
after many many years, but, I probably only use it maybe 30
days a year....Oshkosh plus maybe a couple trips and some misc days.
It hasn't set out in the sun as an extended cover ever. For that
kind of purpose I would recommend Bruce's big cover for sure.

Tim
On 3/31/20 10:51 AM, David Maib wrote:
Quote:

I went through two Flightline covers. They seem like start breaking down and leaving a residue on the airplane after a few years. I wonder if the FL coastal climate has something to do with this. Abby at Flightline has been wonderful to work with. After the last one began deteriorating, I took advantage of a special Bruce Covers had two or three years ago. (might have been Airventure or Sun n’ Fun). I got the light weight travel cover. I’m very happy with it. Excellent quality and they will customize for antennas, lights, etc. So far it’s holding up well.

David Maib

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:37, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>
> 
>
> Have you tried Flightline? They may still offer them, I'm not sure.
> They get so busy, but maybe they keep some made up in stock?
> Tim
>
>> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>>
>> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
>> Thanks,
>> Marcus
>

cooprv7(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

Thanks, I had a feeling it was bulkier but that’s pretty hefty. I’ve left messages with Flightline, hopefully they are at least partially in operation.

Marcus

Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, at 14:57, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:

I know Scott has one and likes it. It's multiple times bigger and heavier though. I think it's about the size of a 5 gallon pail
or so when packed. Is that correct, Scott? If you're not usually
packed tight, that may still work.
Tim

> On 3/31/20 12:58 PM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>
> That’s what I had the first time. I liked how compact it is and I just saw it on their website. The Bruce cover looks nicer but I wonder how bulky it is when stuffed in the cargo hold?
> Thanks,
> Marcus
>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:28, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> Have you tried Flightline? They may still offer them, I'm not sure.
>> They get so busy, but maybe they keep some made up in stock?
>> Tim
>>
>>> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>>>
>>> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marcus
>>
>>

cooprv7(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

I had a Flightline but don’t know if they’ve modified it over the years. Mine was very light and compact, about the size of a football rolled up and extremely light. Served me well and a whole lot cheaper. However my machine will be outdoors a lot more now so perhaps I should consider the Bruce cover.

Marcus

Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, at 15:02, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:

Tim

> On 3/31/20 10:51 AM, David Maib wrote:
>
> I went through two Flightline covers. They seem like start breaking down and leaving a residue on the airplane after a few years. I wonder if the FL coastal climate has something to do with this. Abby at Flightline has been wonderful to work with. After the last one began deteriorating, I took advantage of a special Bruce Covers had two or three years ago. (might have been Airventure or Sun n’ Fun). I got the light weight travel cover. I’m very happy with it. Excellent quality and they will customize for antennas, lights, etc. So far it’s holding up well.
> David Maib
>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:37, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>> Tim
>>
>>>
>>> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marcus
>>
>>
>>

rleffler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

Thats about the size of Bruces heavier cover. Ive got one for my RV-10, but I only use it a few times a year. Its survived six Airventures and still looks like new. Considering the abuse it got their the last years, its held up well.

I also had one on my Cherokee 180, which a ramp queen for a few years. It held up well to snow, wind, and rain.

I cant speak to Bruces lighter cover.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com> on behalf of Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:33:10 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Re: RV-10 Cover

--> RV10-List message posted by: Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com>

Thanks, I had a feeling it was bulkier but thats pretty hefty. Ive left messages with Flightline, hopefully they are at least partially in operation.

Marcus

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 14:57, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>
> --> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)MyRV10.com>
>
> I know Scott has one and likes it. It's multiple times bigger and heavier though. I think it's about the size of a 5 gallon pail
> or so when packed. Is that correct, Scott? If you're not usually
> packed tight, that may still work.
> Tim
>
>
>> On 3/31/20 12:58 PM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>> --> RV10-List message posted by: Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com>
>> Thats what I had the first time. I liked how compact it is and I just saw it on their website. The Bruce cover looks nicer but I wonder how bulky it is when stuffed in the cargo hold?
>> Thanks,
>> Marcus
>>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:28, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> --> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)MyRV10.com>
>>>
>>> Have you tried Flightline? They may still offer them, I'm not sure.
>>> They get so busy, but maybe they keep some made up in stock?
>>> Tim
>>>
>>>> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>>>> --> RV10-List message posted by: Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com>
>>>> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Marcus
>>>
>>>
>
>
>

===========
Email Forum -
-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
ums.matronics.com
===========
p; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
matronics.com
===========
p; - List Contribution Web Site -
p; -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

cooprv7(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

Thanks. I see now Bruce makes 2 versions. The heavier duty also comes with an equally hefty price tag. I received an email from Flightline and they are down to just the two owners working so won’t have any covers until “the end of the month”, I’m presuming end of April since I just received the email. Great product for significantly less but as I now will be outdoors most of the time I’m reevaluating.
Marcus

On Mar 31, 2020, at 4:05 PM, Bob Leffler <bob(at)thelefflers.com (bob(at)thelefflers.com)> wrote:
Quote:
That’s about the size of Bruce’s heavier cover. I’ve got one for my RV-10, but I only use it a few times a year. It’s survived six Airventure’s and still looks like new. Considering the abuse it got their the last years, it’s held up well.

I also had one on my Cherokee 180, which a ramp queen for a few years. It held up well to snow, wind, and rain.

I can’t speak to Bruce’s lighter cover.

Get Outlook for iOS

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com) <owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com)> on behalf of Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com (cooprv7(at)yahoo.com)>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 3:33:10 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com) <rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)>
Subject: Re: RV-10 Cover

--> RV10-List message posted by: Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com (cooprv7(at)yahoo.com)>

Thanks, I had a feeling it was bulkier but that’s pretty hefty. I’ve left messages with Flightline, hopefully they are at least partially in operation.

Marcus

> On Mar 31, 2020, at 14:57, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)> wrote:
>
> --> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)MyRV10.com (Tim(at)MyRV10.com)>
>
> I know Scott has one and likes it. It's multiple times bigger and heavier though. I think it's about the size of a 5 gallon pail
> or so when packed. Is that correct, Scott? If you're not usually
> packed tight, that may still work.
> Tim
>
>
>> On 3/31/20 12:58 PM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>> --> RV10-List message posted by: Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com (cooprv7(at)yahoo.com)>
>> That’s what I had the first time. I liked how compact it is and I just saw it on their website. The Bruce cover looks nicer but I wonder how bulky it is when stuffed in the cargo hold?
>> Thanks,
>> Marcus
>>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:28, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)> wrote:
>>>
>>> --> RV10-List message posted by: Tim Olson <Tim(at)MyRV10.com (Tim(at)MyRV10.com)>
>>>
>>> Have you tried Flightline? They may still offer them, I'm not sure.
>>> They get so busy, but maybe they keep some made up in stock?
>>> Tim
>>>
>>>> On 3/31/20 8:47 AM, Marcus Cooper wrote:
>>>> --> RV10-List message posted by: Marcus Cooper <cooprv7(at)yahoo.com (cooprv7(at)yahoo.com)>
>>>> My cover has valiantly withstood sun, rain, snow and wind for 17 years but this weekend finally succumbed to the Chicago wind and shredded quite spectacularly. My Google search only shows the Bruce cover nowadays, are their any other options or recommendations?
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Marcus
>>>
>>>
>
>
>

===========
Email Forum -
-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
ums.matronics.com
===========
p; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
matronics.com
===========
p; - List Contribution Web Site -
p; -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

dmaib(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

The light travel cover bag is a little bigger, but can be squished down (technical term) to just a bit bigger than the Flightline bag. It’s lightweight. The silver reflective material on the Flightline cover is what repeatedly broke down on mine. No photos, but will take some tomorrow as I am being socially isolated at the hangar every day. Amazing how much I’m getting done!

David Maib
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2020, at 15:21, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:

Tim

> On 3/31/20 10:51 AM, David Maib wrote:
>
> I went through two Flightline covers. They seem like start breaking down and leaving a residue on the airplane after a few years. I wonder if the FL coastal climate has something to do with this. Abby at Flightline has been wonderful to work with. After the last one began deteriorating, I took advantage of a special Bruce Covers had two or three years ago. (might have been Airventure or Sun n’ Fun). I got the light weight travel cover. I’m very happy with it. Excellent quality and they will customize for antennas, lights, etc. So far it’s holding up well.
> David Maib
>>> On Mar 31, 2020, at 11:37, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:
>>
>> 
>>
>> Tim
>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marcus
>>
>>
>>

bill.peyton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

Here is what the heavy duty large Bruce Cover looks like. It does take up a lot of room, but definitely a great long term storage cover. I have both this cover and the light weight cover from flightline.

IMG_0345.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.42 MB
 Viewed:  10365 Time(s)

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.42 MB
 Viewed:  10365 Time(s)

IMG_0345.JPG

cooprv7(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

Thanks!

I’ve ordered the Bruce extended cover. My new home airport doesn’t have any available hangars so this should be a huge help. I may still get another from Flightline for travel.

Thanks for all of the inputs,
Marcus

Quote:
On Apr 2, 2020, at 09:13, bill.peyton <billpeyton9(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Here is what the heavy duty large Bruce Cover looks like. It does take up a lot of room, but definitely a great long term storage cover. I have both this cover and the light weight cover from flightline.

--------
Bill
WA0SYV
Aviation Partners, LLC

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=495541#495541

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_0345_760.jpg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_0345_144.jpg

dmaib@me.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

I took these pics of my Bruces Lightweight Travel Cover at the airport yesterday. As you can see, it is not significantly larger than my old Flightline cover. (I should have put the old one next to it in the photo)
The bag is easily big enough for two lightweight covers and I suspect it's the same bag they use for the heavy cover. The cover and the bag are a very robust material. The workmanship and hardware are excellent. I've had it for a couple of years now and use it whenever we travel. I am a real fan of Flightline and Abby has always been wonderful to work with. But, I think this travel cover is well worth the extra $.

IMG_1627.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  307.21 KB
 Viewed:  10312 Time(s)

IMG_1627.jpeg

IMG_1626.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.78 KB

IMG_1626.jpeg

IMG_1625.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  259.6 KB

IMG_1625.jpeg

IMG_1624.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.15 KB

IMG_1624.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  285.01 KB

IMG_1623.jpeg

RV-10 #40559
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: RV-10 Cover Reply with quote

It does look real nice. Great pics!  It's good that they finally have a
travel cover.
Their big one looks nice too but I'd never have room to travel with it,
and this one
looks to really be about the same size as Flightlines.  I take my little
one with
me on most any trip away from home.
Tim

On 4/2/2020 9:36 AM, dmaib(at)me.com wrote:
Quote:

I took these pics of my Bruces Lightweight Travel Cover at the airport yesterday. As you can see, it is not significantly larger than my old Flightline cover. (I should have put the old one next to it in the photo)
The bag is easily big enough for two lightweight covers and I suspect it's the same bag they use for the heavy cover. The cover and the bag are a very robust material. The workmanship and hardware are excellent. I've had it for a couple of years now and use it whenever we travel. I am a real fan of Flightline and Abby has always been wonderful to work with. But, I think this travel cover is well worth the extra $.

--------
David Maib
RV-10 #40559
New Smyrna Beach, FL

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=495546#495546

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_1627_265.jpeg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_1626_113.jpeg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_1625_201.jpeg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_1624_198.jpeg
http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_1623_923.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: