Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contact Cleaning?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Wynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Contact Cleaning? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I am restoring a 1977 Pitts S1-S.The project has taken about three years. For that time, the radios have been in a box. I re-installed them yesterday. The transponder works fine, the com radio is a King KY97A. After putting it back in its slot, the reception is great but it won't transmit. I check the PTT switch and it is working normally. the TX light does not come on so I suspect the radio is not receiving the instruction to transmit. Seems most likely that where the radio slides into the rack that the one that triggers transmit is not making proper contact.

So, my question is, what is the best way to clean the contacts? I have radioshack contact cleaner spray that I thought I would start with. Is there some mechanical way to clean them? Q-tips? white scotchguard? Fine file? Removing the whole stack to get to that part is going to be a major PITA so would like to try to get the contacts cleaned without major disassembly.

I would much appreciate any advice

Regards,

Michael Wynn
Livermore, CA

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: