Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stick Grip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveIvell(at)pestproof.c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Stick Grip Reply with quote

Hi All

We are close to fitting out the fuselage and need to source stick grips. I’ve looked at the Ray Allen offerings but wonder if anyone has fitted other types and can give feedback??

We will have standard elevator trim only so don’t really need 4 way trimming but willing to listen to any good advice.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell
G-STES
XS Trigear 912s
Mob: 07971 128842
E-mail: steveivell(at)pestproof.co.uk (steveivell(at)pestproof.co.uk)

90% finished…..90% still to do!!

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Stick Grip Reply with quote

Tosten grips are nice, with quality switches. He makes good product.
I have cs-8’s for my bird.
https://tostenmanufacturing.com/product-category/aircraft-grips/
Cheers,
Pete

Quote:
On Oct 22, 2020, at 7:40 PM, Steve Ivell <SteveIvell(at)pestproof.co.uk> wrote:

<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Hi All

We are close to fitting out the fuselage and need to source stick grips. I’ve looked at the Ray Allen offerings but wonder if anyone has fitted other types and can give feedback??

We will have standard elevator trim only so don’t really need 4 way trimming but willing to listen to any good advice.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell
G-STES
XS Trigear 912s

90% finished…..90% still to do!!

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Stick Grip Reply with quote

Steve, I would follow the principle of &lsquo;Think light&rsquo; in all your building. I agree there is no benefit in having stick trim adjustment. Having a simple PTT button on top of the stick, possibly an elegant wooden domed one), is well worthwhile. But otherwise consider just wrapping the top 4 or 5 ins of the stick in thin leather, suede or Alcantara. It may encourage you to a lighter finger type grip of the stick rather than a gorilla grasp of one of those contured handles!
David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2020-10-23 00:26, Steve Ivell wrote:
Quote:
(at)font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} (at)font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} #replybody1 p.v1MsoNormal, #replybody1 li.v1MsoNormal, #replybody1 div.v1MsoNormal {margin:0cm; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} #replybody1 span.v1EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; color:windowtext;} #replybody1 .v1MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} (at)page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} #replybody1 div.v1WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}
Hi All

We are close to fitting out the fuselage and need to source stick grips. I&rsquo;ve looked at the Ray Allen offerings but wonder if anyone has fitted other types and can give feedback??

We will have standard elevator trim only so don&rsquo;t really need 4 way trimming but willing to listen to any good advice.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell
G-STES
XS Trigear 912s

90% finished&hellip;..90% still to do!!

graeme bird

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Stick Grip Reply with quote

i just wired a rayallen g205 yesterday for P1, used the extra 2 switches for autopilot at hld and cws. for P2 i will use a rubber classic motorcycle handlebar grip and ptt on the dash. i am maybe jumping the gun and adding the loom while the cockpit module is still out.

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
John Wighton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Stick Grip Reply with quote

I have a Ray Allen G101 on P2 side and G205 on P1. I use the pitch trim on the grip as much as l do the rocker on the panel.

They work well and I do recommend them. ALso very easy to connect to the Ray Allen servos in the above configuration.

justin(at)systemwise.co.u

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Stick Grip Reply with quote

Pete,
I looked for a good comfortable grip for ages. Eventually went for grips from long handled garden edge shears. They are green which is my colour scheme.
They are a great success but I had to embed a press to transmit in the top. Neat job.
Just my pennyworth,
Worth a rummage at the garden centre though.
Cheers
Justin
G-ZTED Classic Mono, 100hp, Airmaster CP prop, Warp Drive Blades.
--

n7188u

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Stick Grip Reply with quote

Since my build theme is simplicity I went to the local bicycle shop and got a bag with four long handlebar foamy grips. I am putting a small plastic cap at the end of the stick to place a PTT button. Will use the trim in the panel. Looks nice (and simple). Total $9.

Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: