Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Europa pitot tube piping and connections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjburns(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Europa pitot tube piping and connections Reply with quote

Chris,
Check your static probe under the wing still has the black “plug” in place , can get knocked of easily, result is ineffective asi ... ( you need a pressure differential and this effectively cancels it out ) ..symptom is taxi test that shows extreme asi lag ..
disconnecting static line restores asi ... ( removes the balancing air stream ) ...

Slight air leaks in asi feed do not create the same ( massive ) effect.

The actual flow when you try to blow through is also relatively high resistance in normal operation .

Regards
Kevin Burns

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 7 Dec 2020, at 20:36, Chris Callicott <c.callicott1(at)btinternet.com> wrote:

Evening All, I am preparing a UK built (2007) Europa XS tri-gear which I purchased last year for a permit check flight. The aircraft has not flown for 7 years. I believe I have a leak in the pitot tube system. Pitot and static lines passing through the fuselage to the instrument panel seem to be made of semi-opaque hard plastic tubing approx 7.5mm OD and use 'push-fit' connectors. An adaptor connects the push-fit connector to standard ?6mm flexible clear tubing to the flight instruments.
Is this a typical arrangement in Europas and where would I source the larger tubing and push-fit connectors? Many thanks, Chris

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=499625#499625

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
kjburns(at)btinternet.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Europa pitot tube piping and connections Reply with quote

Chris,
Check your static probe under the wing still has the black “plug” in place , can get knocked of easily, result is ineffective asi ... ( you need a pressure differential and this effectively cancels it out ) ..symptom is taxi test that shows extreme asi lag ..
disconnecting static line restores asi ... ( removes the balancing air stream ) ...

Slight air leaks in asi feed do not create the same ( massive ) effect.

The actual flow when you try to blow through is also relatively high resistance in normal operation .

Regards
Kevin Burns

Sent from my iPad
Quote:
On 7 Dec 2020, at 20:36, Chris Callicott <c.callicott1(at)btinternet.com> wrote:

Evening All, I am preparing a UK built (2007) Europa XS tri-gear which I purchased last year for a permit check flight. The aircraft has not flown for 7 years. I believe I have a leak in the pitot tube system. Pitot and static lines passing through the fuselage to the instrument panel seem to be made of semi-opaque hard plastic tubing approx 7.5mm OD and use 'push-fit' connectors. An adaptor connects the push-fit connector to standard ?6mm flexible clear tubing to the flight instruments.
Is this a typical arrangement in Europas and where would I source the larger tubing and push-fit connectors? Many thanks, Chris

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=499625#499625

====================================

Quote:

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

image1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  392.38 KB
 Viewed:  1524 Time(s)

image1.jpeg

Chris Callicott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Europa pitot tube piping and connections Reply with quote

A very belated thanks for your reply Kevin.
Problem now sorted.
Test flight very soon!
Chris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: