Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb serial number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byoungplumbing(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Kolb serial number Reply with quote

Kolb serial numbers are supplied to the faa by the (((builder / aircraft manufacturer)))    and by that i  mean,,,  the person who either buys a kit from a kit manufacturer (in our case kolb)   or he could have bought only plans ,    or he could have stick built the aircraft from  a design immagioned in his own head.   

By definition a kit manufacturer does not manufacturer aircraft, only kits.
The aircraft manufacturer when finished assembling the kit, parts, other asdundry items,   makes application to the faa for a airworthiness certificate.  He will supply  a  serial number of his choice...    It could be your birthday,  the date you bought the kit,  it could be your initials,   it could be a number generated by a random number generator.   It could be the document number given to your great great grandma when she came through Ellis island in  1846,,,,   if you want to always remember when great great grandma came to America you could use 1846...
Let me try again to be perfectly clear,   the aircraft builder (you)..
   NOT the kit manufacturer (kolb)
That gets to choose the serial number

How do i know this?     The serial number of my plane is "B1Y"   my initials are BY  and this was my first amature built plane    ....  Put it all together   B1Y    
The number is engraved onto the data plate  permanently atrached to the plane,   
Now with all that said,,  the aircraft manufacturer (you)   could use the cage number stamped into the cage by the kit manufacturer (kolb).  But you do not have to.
B1Y    Boyd
Sorry got long winded
Do not archive

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
jhauck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Kolb serial number Reply with quote

Not the first time, Boyd Y.  Wink

Hope all is well in Brigham City.

John h
Tarpon Springs, Florida

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of B Young
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 1:28 PM
To: Kolb List
Subject: Kolb-List: Kolb serial number

Kolb serial numbers are supplied to the faa by the (((builder / aircraft manufacturer)))    and by that i  mean,,,  the person who either buys a kit from a kit manufacturer (in our case kolb)   or he could have bought only plans ,    or he could have stick built the aircraft from  a design immagioned in his own head.   

The aircraft manufacturer when finished assembling the kit, parts, other asdundry items,   makes application to the faa for a airworthiness certificate.  He will supply  a  serial number of his choice...    It could be your birthday,  the date you bought the kit,  it could be your initials,   it could be a number generated by a random number generator.   It could be the document number given to your great great grandma when she came through Ellis island in  1846,,,,   if you want to always remember when great great grandma came to America you could use 1846...

How do i know this?     The serial number of my plane is "B1Y"   my initials are BY  and this was my first amature built plane    ....  Put it all together   B1Y    

Now with all that said,,  the aircraft manufacturer (you)   could use the cage number stamped into the cage by the kit manufacturer (kolb).  But you do not have to.

B1Y    Boyd

Sorry got long winded

Do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

roy.spangler(at)kirtland.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Kolb serial number Reply with quote

Thank you ! For a no bs explanation
roy

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 2:18 PM John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)> wrote:

Quote:

Not the first time, Boyd Y.  Wink

Hope all is well in Brigham City.

John h
Tarpon Springs, Florida

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of B Young
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2021 1:28 PM
To: Kolb List
Subject: Kolb serial number

B1Y    Boyd

Sorry got long winded

Do not archive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: