Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

503 troubles .....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazz57(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject: 503 troubles ..... Reply with quote

Did the engine previously run normally with that same prop at the same pitch? And

now will not? Or is this a new engine prop combination?

--------

Richard Pike

Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)

Kingsport, TN 3TN0

same prop.. no change to pitch. ............ i'm suspecting the carbs. the engine runs smooth up to 4000 rpm, beyond 4000 it bogs down. it is rather old, i wonder if the seals in the carbs are leaking and sucking air?... i have ordered 2 seal kits for the carbs. stay tuned!
 2 broke Tim

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject: 503 troubles ..... Reply with quote

What happens if you apply the enricher as it starts to bog down?

If making the mixture more rich helps then it is running lean when bogging down and you likely have an air leak. The only two places I can think for air leak is the carb boot or the crank seals. Carb boots are notorious for this and easy to replace. I hope your crank seals are fine.

If making the mixture more rich contributes to the problem it is already running too rich. Are you seeing any additional smoke at 4000 RPM? If too rich, perhaps the little rubber tip on the enricher is bad and letting too much fuel in.

Let us know what you find.

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of artdog1512
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 10:28 PM
To: Kolb-List Digest Server
Subject: 503 troubles .....

Did the engine previously run normally with that same prop at the same pitch? And

now will not? Or is this a new engine prop combination?

--------

Richard Pike

Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)

Kingsport, TN 3TN0

same prop.. no change to pitch. ............ i'm suspecting the carbs. the engine runs smooth up to 4000 rpm, beyond 4000 it bogs down. it is rather old, i wonder if the seals in the carbs are leaking and sucking air?... i have ordered 2 seal kits for the carbs. stay tuned!

2 broke Tim

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: