Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jacking Mono
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter pender

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Jacking Mono Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone for the replies and help. Hopefully sometime this week the wings will go on, ready for first flight and just wish to check that it all works so that there might be a second flight.
The traveling repair kit needs to be put together as well so thank you for those ideas.
cheers Peter

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
JohnFrance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Jacking Mono Reply with quote

I jack my aircraft using an ATV jack that can be purchased at a reasonable price with custom made jig that takes the weight of the aircraft on the LG01 frame. A rubber strip ensures no damage is done to the paint.
I have since cut away the front side of the jig to allow room for the cowl flap that I added and the lower cowling can be left in place during jacking. Best to place trestles under the wing to avoid lateral tipping of the aircraft.

I found jacking the aircraft under the wings requires about 20kg to hold the tail down and the underside of the wings are not reinforced like the walkways.

I should make a jig for use when traveling though!

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

90B6D0FB-1C26-47FB-94B3-7EB0638C4A38.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1008.08 KB
 Viewed:  1335 Time(s)

90B6D0FB-1C26-47FB-94B3-7EB0638C4A38.png

spcialeffects

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Jacking Mono Reply with quote

Can you all please re-size the photos that you have posted as they don’t fit in the screen and it’s very hard to follow this thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: