Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OAT Probe and SL30 Nav/Com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avdilger(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject: OAT Probe and SL30 Nav/Com Reply with quote

Hi All, I recently have a red X on TAS and OAT on my Garmin G3X
While I have not troubleshooted the wiring yet (but will soon) Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Changing the harness is a giant pain so I would rather just cut off the old one and splice in a new.
Problem is Garmin charges $475 for a GTP59 probe and 3 wire coax which is highway robbery.
Ive looked into Davtron probe for about $100 but cant find anyone to let me know if it will work.
Seemingly how different can it be?
Anyone have any experience with this?
Also Im getting a “COMM FAIL”
indicator on my SL30 intermittently
IT still works if I turn the radio off then back on, then left it on in the hangar for 2 hours with battery charger on and NO Fail.
Garmin answer is send to them which they now FLAT RATE repair
for $875. So if you send them the unit and they dont find anything wrong its still $875.
Apparently Garmin dealers are n to allowed to open up the box.
They will put power on it but thats all.
Sort of a ripoff if you ask me.
Id appreciate any input THX
avdilger(at)yahoo.com

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: