Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel and oil hoses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonathanMilbank

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:50 am    Post subject: Fuel and oil hoses Reply with quote

Next year my fuel and oil hoses will need their 5-yearly replacement. Has anyone in the UK bought such hoses from Europa recently and if so, how long did it take until delivery? What are the implications now that E10 mogas is being introduced i.e do replacement hoses need to meet a higher level of ethanol protection than hitherto?

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Burrilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:26 am    Post subject: Fuel and oil hoses Reply with quote

I recently did this and bought all of my hoses from either DemonTweeks, Merlin Motorsport and Hose-clip world.

I found that the fuel hose from above had the specification to be compliant with ethanol fuel, you can check the appropriate ISO specification online, as it was for motor sport applications.

I bought the two silicon water pump hoses to radiator and header tank from Europa but had already cleaned out Skydrive of their Silicon Hose for the engine water hoses, including a right angled one, but not sure of source for this now.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 8 Sep 2021, at 10:13, JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank(at)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Next year my fuel and oil hoses will need their 5-yearly replacement. Has anyone in the UK bought such hoses from Europa recently and if so, how long did it take until delivery? What are the implications now that E10 mogas is being introduced i.e do replacement hoses need to meet a higher level of ethanol protection than hitherto?

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=503088#503088

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

brian.davies44(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:51 pm    Post subject: Fuel and oil hoses Reply with quote

Changing the fuel hoses to a spec that is proof from E10 is clearly a good idea. Unfortunately it is not as simple as that. The Rotax engine is OK for E10 but is our plastic fuel tank OK?

For UK owners the LAA will be issuing guidance any day now saying that E10
should not be used . This may change when more information is collected on the potential risks.

Brian Davies

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On 8 Sep 2021, at 10:29, Alan Burrill <alanb(at)dpy01.co.uk> wrote:

I recently did this and bought all of my hoses from either DemonTweeks, Merlin Motorsport and Hose-clip world.

I found that the fuel hose from above had the specification to be compliant with ethanol fuel, you can check the appropriate ISO specification online, as it was for motor sport applications.

I bought the two silicon water pump hoses to radiator and header tank from Europa but had already cleaned out Skydrive of their Silicon Hose for the engine water hoses, including a right angled one, but not sure of source for this now.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Sep 2021, at 10:13, JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank(at)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> 
>
> Next year my fuel and oil hoses will need their 5-yearly replacement. Has anyone in the UK bought such hoses from Europa recently and if so, how long did it take until delivery? What are the implications now that E10 mogas is being introduced i.e do replacement hoses need to meet a higher level of ethanol protection than hitherto?
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=503088#503088
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Hitchflight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel and oil hoses Reply with quote

Hi Brian

Thanks for all the great work you do! The LAA Rally was excellent!

Francis has now published his work and has today kindly sent a PDF copy for the Club to put on the website.

Watch out! E10 unleaded fuel is here NOW

Special reference is made to the Europa aircraft in his article.

https://www.theeuropaclub.org/news/fuel-warning

Regards
Bob

JonathanMilbank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel and oil hoses Reply with quote

As you might have seen elsewhere in the Matronics Europa email list, I have twice this year raised the matter of E10 fuel in Europa aircraft. First I asked for responses from the Europeans and latterly from North America. In each case and accompanied by well understood cautions about not letting E10 go stale or stay unused in the aircraft for long periods, the replies were clear that for at least a couple of years E10 in Europa aircraft has not caused problems.

My concern is that our LAA could just continue indefinitely warning us about insurance being invalidated, while waiting for detailed information from those who produce the fuel, which in all probability will never come because of fears about getting sued. To my simple way of thinking, the proof of the pudding is what counts, so why ignore the track record available from other countries?

Please don't suggest that I or others at our remote airfield should use avgas or UL91, because the only avgas tank at our field is up for sale and removal at £20k, the next nearest source is the main airport which is prohibitively expensive to visit and the nearest UL91 source is more than 2 hours drive away! For us it's Super Unleaded or nothing. And at least one filling station manager forbids us to fill 20 litre cans at the forecourt pump, while others who now stock E10 and diesel only, have no such qualms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: