Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue Mountain EFIS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlieTango

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Blue Mountain EFIS Reply with quote

i have 300 hours of flying with a BMA EFIS. first i flew with a gen 4 EFIS Lite Plus, it was the largest unit offered that fit my panel.

i fly mostly in the high sierra nevada with terrain up to 14,000'+ all around while limited to 10,000' ( sport pilot limitation ) the bma unit with the synthetic vision was the best choice for me. the vertical and horizontal terrain views are very useful when flying below the surronding terrain.

on a flight last year i went imc due to shifting smoke from southern california fires, turning back didn't help. i was without visibility for 40 minutes and was perfectly comfortable with the situational awareness provided by the bma.

since then i upgraded to a larger unit, the 9" EFIS / two. i can't imagine ever flying without.

the company is matured and they have gone the extra mile in providing service.

the 80% size EFIS / two is a great choice for the smaller panel that can't fit the full size EFIS / one. i believe i have the best panel in a SLSA.

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

panel_106.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.24 KB
 Viewed:  612 Time(s)

panel_106.jpg

Rv7flyer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue Mountain EFIS Reply with quote

I too am a BMA customer with a G4 lite plus. I have gone through the same problems that others have mentioned. looking back I can remember several occasions that I wanted to rip out the unit and drive over it with my truck.
Nothing worked as advertised, Software was incomplete, Features were missing etc... It has been over a year now and with the updates that have been released it has become quite useful. Right now as it stands I have a very stable and informative EFIS. The autopilot is now functional and has good integration with external device as the Sl30 and GNS430. I now trust it for my primary IFR but i also have backup gauges. I can not find a single EFIS system out there that I would trust solely for IFR without some backup anyway.
Trust me.. I looked at every EFIS company out there. I looked at the features and performance and still I stayed with the Blue Mountain.

It has been a love hate relationship with them. Greg is not the best business manager I have ever dealt with. He really screwed the pooch with the roll out of the G4 line. Releasing it before it was fully tested or the software was fully implemented would not have been my first choice. But I do not know the full story or what his game plan was.
I know he was forced to put out the G4 line as the design for the G3 had too many limitations.
In the last six months I have seen a huge change in the product and his efforts to release quality updates. Every update is carefully tested and refined and shows major improvements. The first six months the releases were just to add the functionality he promised it was to have and the last six months the updates have refined small issues. Over all I now have a unit that is 95.5% of what was first promised.
I have not found any EFIS that has everything that I would like to have.
Dynon has a good unit but the decision not to support 3rd party autopilots is a Big turn off for me. BMA has their own autopilot that now works very very good but they still chose to allow integration with other autopilots. Bravo!! Advance's EFIS has a really complicated GUI.
BMA is a small company. Releasing the G4 line before it was fully ready might have been a financial one but I am happy that they stuck with it and now they can focus on marketing a product that can hold it's own against any other.
I find it really ironic that I am defending them after all this time. But I really like the design and simplicity of the design now. I would defiantly put another one in my next plane.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

fasilpereira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Blue Mountain EFIS Reply with quote

I'm looking for the database files for a BMA G4. Interested on any data before 2010. Please contact me by email if you have anything: fasilpereira(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thank you,

Fabricio

filiperosa

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Blue Mountain EFIS Reply with quote

Hello, I am looking for European terrain files for a Blue Mountain Efis G4.
Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: