Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nastiest Yak Jobs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> M14PEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rijaeger(at)wausau.k12.wi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Muscles I didn't even think I had are aching today from assuming the shape of a human cannonball inside the front cockpit while I painstakingly reattached my aileron push tubes to the stick bellcrank. Oh...that was FUN! And making sure that annoying little "keeper" is properly-oriented adds SO much delight. And then the cherry on top is the 1.5" of space you have to insert and configure that cotter pin...TWICE!

As someone once told me, I'd LOVE to hire one of the 3', 10-inch-fingered line-workers that built these machines to assist me!

OK, the complaints are light-hearted as I continuously remind myself I'm blessed to have the privilege and responsibility of being the current caretaker of this great aircraft. But as I'm finishing up the 5 hour job I'd originally set aside 1 hour to do, I started pondering what might be the nastiest duties to perform on a Yak. The aileron p/p tubes in the belly have to be in the TOP 10. But everyone reading this has more time (and scars?) on / from this machine than I. So...what do you think? What's the WORST Yak - or CJ - task?

GOOD WEEKEND TO ALL!
[quote][b]

- The Matronics M14PEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?M14PEngines-List
tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

I propose : Carb setting or air starter setting is also great !!!!

Didier

2012/1/13 Rico Jaeger <rijaeger(at)wausau.k12.wi.us (rijaeger(at)wausau.k12.wi.us)>
Quote:
Muscles I didn't even think I had are aching today from assuming the shape of a human cannonball inside the front cockpit while I painstakingly reattached my aileron push tubes to the stick bellcrank. Oh...that was FUN! And making sure that annoying little "keeper" is properly-oriented adds SO much delight. And then the cherry on top is the 1.5" of space you have to insert and configure that cotter pin...TWICE!

As someone once told me, I'd LOVE to hire one of the 3', 10-inch-fingered line-workers that built these machines to assist me!

OK, the complaints are light-hearted as I continuously remind myself I'm blessed to have the privilege and responsibility of being the current caretaker of this great aircraft. But as I'm finishing up the 5 hour job I'd originally set aside 1 hour to do, I started pondering what might be the nastiest duties to perform on a Yak. The aileron p/p tubes in the belly have to be in the TOP 10. But everyone reading this has more time (and scars?) on / from this machine than I. So...what do you think? What's the WORST Yak - or CJ - task?

GOOD WEEKEND TO ALL!
Quote:

st" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?M14PEngines-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

--

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

MONTY(at)bpaengines.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Changing the compressor is also a b----, even on the test cell.

Monty Barrett
[quote]
--

jackpot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Installing new elevator trim cable in CJ.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2012, at 9:37, "Monty Barrett Sr" <MONTY(at)bpaengines.com (MONTY(at)bpaengines.com)> wrote:

[quote] Changing the compressor is also a b----, even on the test cell.

Monty Barrett
[quote]
--

jan.mevis(at)informavia.b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Finally, whatever job you have to do on these planes, when you start getting old(er), everything is difficult. It’s way easier for the young, slim, and very handy (but they lack the experience …).
For most of us, elder guys, it’s swearing and cursing all the time (at least it is in my case).
But once the job done, it is very rewarding.

Only my 2 cents: take your time, and be prepared to start all over again if it’s not good enough.

Jan

(already older generation, but I won’t give up yet)

From: owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Gary Gabbard
Sent: vrijdag 13 januari 2012 19:02
To: m14pengines-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Nastiest Yak Jobs

Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 13, 2012, at 9:37, "Monty Barrett Sr" <MONTY(at)bpaengines.com (MONTY(at)bpaengines.com)> wrote:
[quote]

Monty Barrett
[quote]
--

rijaeger(at)wausau.k12.wi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

I'm guessing I'm right there w/ ya on age, Jan! And I know what you mean in all you said. I went to bed making sure all my skinned knuckles wouldn't leave Yak Blood everywhere...woke up sore, but had that "O yea! DONE!" sensation! I'm fortunate to be able to work in my airport's heated maintenance facility where my A & P works on numerous other projects simultaneously. He's had pretty much an "advisory-only" role in the Yak yet has been extremely helpful. He sensed my frustration and asked if I was getting anywhere. When I replied "more slowly than surely" he asked if I'd tried swearing at it - said it was an old A & P trick. And when that fails to throw my wrench across the room...I DID recall I still have to go in and re-attach that darn little ground strap on the left side. There are many more hurdles to leap over but I'm LOVING the journey...and I have the REWARD dead in my sites! Smile

Quote:
>> "Jan Mevis" <jan.mevis(at)informavia.be> 1/13/2012 2:03 PM >>>

Finally, whatever job you have to do on these planes, when you start getting old(er), everything is difficult. It’s way easier for the young, slim, and very handy (but they lack the experience …).
For most of us, elder guys, it’s swearing and cursing all the time (at least it is in my case).
But once the job done, it is very rewarding.

Only my 2 cents: take your time, and be prepared to start all over again if it’s not good enough.

Jan

(already older generation, but I won’t give up yet)

From: owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Gary Gabbard
Sent: vrijdag 13 januari 2012 19:02
To: m14pengines-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Nastiest Yak Jobs

Sent from my iPhone

[quote]

Monty Barrett
[quote]
--

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Also applies to the Yak 52. Equally a horrible job is replacing the
bungee cord on the Yak 52 rear slider canopy....ie:attaching it to the
rear attach bracket.... Smile)))

A. Dennis Savarese
334-285-6263
334-546-8182 (cell)
www.yak-52.com
On 1/13/2012 12:02 PM, Gary Gabbard wrote:
[quote] Installing new elevator trim cable in CJ.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2012, at 9:37, "Monty Barrett Sr" <MONTY(at)bpaengines.com
<mailto:MONTY(at)bpaengines.com>> wrote:

> Changing the compressor is also a b----, even on the test cell.
> Monty Barrett
>
> --

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Hey Monte - did anyone ever tell you that your suppose to wait until the
engine cools down before you remove the exhaust and surrounding
components to get at the compressor? Only kidding my friend. Enjoy
your weekend

A. Dennis Savarese
334-285-6263
334-546-8182 (cell)
www.yak-52.com
On 1/13/2012 11:37 AM, Monty Barrett Sr wrote:
[quote] Changing the compressor is also a b----, even on the test cell.
Monty Barrett

--

Yak Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

Try fitting the grommets on the oil cooler hoses on a Yak 18T. The ones on the fuselage side, under the floor near the oil cooler. Great fun. Mad

Monika Miller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

[quote="rijaeger(at)wausau.k12.wi"]Muscles I didn't even think I had are aching today from assuming the shape of a human cannonball inside the front cockpit while I painstakingly reattached my aileron push tubes to the stick bellcrank. Oh...that was FUN! And making sure that annoying little "keeper" is properly-oriented adds SO much delight. And then the cherry on top is the 1.5" of space you have to insert and configure that cotter pin...TWICE!

OK, the complaints are light-hearted as I continuously remind myself I'm blessed to have the privilege and responsibility of being the current caretaker of this great aircraft. But as I'm finishing up the 5 hour job I'd originally set aside 1 hour to do, I started pondering what might be the nastiest duties to perform on a Yak. The aileron p/p tubes in the belly have to be in the TOP 10. But everyone reading this has more time (and scars?) on / from this machine than I. So...what do you think? What's the WORST Yak - or CJ - task?

GOOD WEEKEND TO ALL!
Quote:
[b]

What do you mean by nasty work?

Monika Miller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Nastiest Yak Jobs Reply with quote

It's great when work brings both pleasure and good profit. But as practice shows, it is not easy to find such a job. A good resume significantly increases the chances of being invited to an interview in a good prestigious company. This service https://uk.careersbooster.com/cv-help/ will be able to help prepare it. The guys have good reviews from multiple satisfied applicants who found their dream job thanks to a great resume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> M14PEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: