Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

throttle and choke cable setup for 447/Bing carb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: throttle and choke cable setup for 447/Bing carb Reply with quote

I have 2 planes, 1 old Firestar 2 that came with a 12hr 447 (it's from the early 90's so I tore it down and put all new seals in it), then a newer Firestar 2 kit with no engine that I am getting near the covering stage. Unfortunately I didn't get any throttle nor choke cables with the plane that had the engine.

Can anyone point me to the correct throttle cable used in a Kolb Firestar 2 with a 447? I'm not sure what I need nor where to get it, same goes for the choke cable.

Does anyone have a photo of how the choke cable attaches to the Bing carb on a 447? My CGS Hawk with a 447 had the choke lever right on the carb but I see in the Kolb plans they remote it to the cockpit area and my Bing that I have has the choke lever removed at the carb and there's just a little post sticking up that I assume attaches to a cable.

I'd ask Kolb but I have called in the past and left messages, I have emailed, and I have texted different questions but I never get any response from them so I'm asking here. Are they still in business?

Thanks,
Jay

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: