Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Firestar
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firebug

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Firestar Reply with quote

Jetpilot: It not that you asked me why I took the fabric off that was wrong. It was the way you seem to enjoy saying that I needlessly ripped the covering off of a perfectly good airplane[it wasn't]. You repeated that "It turns out that the plane was properly built and the cover was torn off for nothing"

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
wcm(at)tampabay.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Firestar Reply with quote

Myself, George and Beauford all fly out of Airport Manatee, it's on the
south shore of Tampa Bay.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with a Skyraider. It's all in what your happy
with. I love my Kolb and I researched every single plane out there (for
years) nothing surpasses the Kolb for safety, design, Bang for your buck and
just the pure fun of flying.

Jetpilot was right about "the Kolb view", in a Kolb almost the entire
aircraft is behind you and you don't have a feeling of being "in" an
airplane .... just stuck out there in the wind ....... Did I mention that I
love my Kolb.

Anyway ..... good luck to you and don't shy away from posting questions to
the list. The amount of experience and expertise here is unbelievable.

Chris Mallory

do not archive

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

wcm(at)tampabay.rr.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Firestar Reply with quote

Mike,

My reference to Kolb was meant to say that we are here to support others
that are interested in Kolbs not belittle them for some mistake they may
have made.

And ... are you or were you truly an interested prospective buyer? If so and
you didn't like what he had to say then just look elsewhere.

You know a little compassion wouldn't hurt.
do not archive
---

JetPilot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Firestar Reply with quote

Firebug wrote:

TO JETPILOT: There are always a few like you on every board talking when you should shut up. You do not know what you are talking about. I would hate to fly anything you have built. Yes there are areas under the fabric where you put chafing tape. There are also areas on the surface you put it, sometimes it is refered to as surface tape. Its function on the surface is to keep the fabric from being rubbed through, chafed when it is struck at a high point on the airframe. He had NONE of this, that is a sign of a poorly built plane in my opinion. The high spots are going to be hit period. You put surface or chafing tape on the high spots to double the thickness of the fabric. LOOK at a factory built Cub if you don't believe me. You DO NOT rap chafing tape all the way around the frame of the rudder, horizontal stabilizer, elevator etc and THEN glue the fabric to the chafing tape. The fabric is glued to the structure of the rudder, elevator, horizintal stabilizer etc. He had chafi!
ng tape glued all the way around the perimeter of the tail feathers. Can you understand that do I need to draw you a picture? He also did the same thing to the rest of the airframe. What do you fly? I find it hard to believe it is a jet.

wcm(at)tampabay.rr.com

Weather or not you think my questions were justified or not is besides the point, anyone intrested in that plane will be asking the same hard questions. The only one that posted a nasty, rude, and uncalled for statement was Firebug. You are out of line telling me to have compassion while ignoring Firebugs post... Something is clearly wrong with your thinking and judegment..

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: