Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S&F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: S&F Reply with quote

Troops,

At the RPA board meeting last night and on general consensus from a lot of our members up at AYS clinic.  It was decided to base our operations at  Sun & Fun this year out of LAL (Lakeland) it self.

So without to much time remaining you need to reserve a room though EAA WB (Warbirds of America).  We are going to try to set up some space to meet at on the field at LAL.  Not much chance of that - but.

We will still fly formation in the show but we'll be staying at the WB hotel and keep our airplanes on the show site.  Your still free to do otherwise but RPA will not be seeking special rates at ZPH hotels or special deals with off field FBOs.  Yep we'll be rubbing elbows with the best WB groups. 

Holiday Inn # is 863-294-4451,  (I lost my last issue of the WB magizine so I'm trying to book straight to them.)

Not much time left to sign up.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: S&F Reply with quote

Troops,
I screwed up by telling you to call the Holiday Inn direct.  Just as I punched the send key, the phone rang and a member told me, he tried to do just that and was turned down and was told he needed to book though the EAA WB.

So if you have the WB form use it and get your reservation in.

Pappy

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Ernie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: S&F Reply with quote

I just went to the Warbirds Website and it just says to call the Hotel

Ernie

On 1/23/06, cjpilot710(at)aol.com <cjpilot710(at)aol.com> wrote:
Quote:

Troops,
I screwed up by telling you to call the Holiday Inn direct. Just as I
punched the send key, the phone rang and a member told me, he tried to do
just that and was turned down and was told he needed to book though the EAA
WB.

So if you have the WB form use it and get your reservation in.

Pappy

cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: S&F Reply with quote

In addition to the official Holiday Inn, Winter Haven hotel, there is the Howard Johnson, Cypress Garden hotel. Despite their addresses, both are side by side on Rt. 17. If the Holiday is full, there is the Hojo next door.

I'll put some feelers out for info on local furnished home rentals and see what comes up.

For broken birds at S&F, my end unit hanger (#7Cool is directly across from Show Center on the North side. I will have an open hanger with amenities during the Saturday Night air show. All are invited but I realize many will be bonding with their WB Buds at the WB awards that night.

This year the hanger parties will be a bit more subdued after last year. Some guy with a real overboost problem exploded inside the men's room and the City workers had to use hoses and putty knives to clean up. Kinda like a typical night out at any base EM club.

Craig Payne

Ernie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: S&F Reply with quote

I'll be there, I went to the WB awards banquet once. Was bored to tears.

Ernie

On 1/23/06, Craig Payne <cpayne(at)joimail.com> wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: