Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 ring binder for manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjhukill(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

Has anyone found a mail order source for a 3 ring binder for the manual? I keep tearing the holes on mine, and would like to have a real binder for my manual, but I can't find any locally, or on the internet. If anyone knows a source, please let me know.
Thanx
Chris Hukill
Figuring out my aux fuel tank system

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
LloydDR(at)wernerco.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

I ordered them from Corporate Express, they have a nice hard side 3 ring binder, and make sure to get some of the self sticking paper re-enforcement holes 

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chris Hukill
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 1:23 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: 3 ring binder for manual

Has anyone found a mail order source for a 3 ring binder for the manual? I keep tearing the holes on mine, and would like to have a real binder for my manual, but I can't find any locally, or on the internet. If anyone knows a source, please let me know.
Thanx
Chris Hukill

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

I use standard three ring binders and fold the drawings in half.  I unfold the drawing I am working on and leave any uncompleted drawings unfolded.  Makes for easy reference when you have to jump back and forth.  I have used 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 inch binders and think the 1.5 inch works the best. But…….I still pull out pages and have to put on paper A** H*** (reinforcement rings) when I do.  It just makes it a lot easier in the binders.

Rene' Felker
Fuselage

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chris Hukill
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:23 PM

Thanx

Chris Hukill

mike(at)cleavelandtool.co

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

It’s a bit overkill, but I took two strips of 1/8”x3/4” aluminum from the hardware store and drilled them to correspond to the holes.  I countersunk and attached #8 nutplates to one for the back and countersunk and inserted #8 screws through the front to sandwich all of the pages together.  I went this route mainly because I had so many ripped pages that I needed something to pinch and hold them together.

Mike

--

cjensen(at)dts9000.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

To reinforce the pages and prevent rip-out, run a strip of Scotch tape along the edge of the page, covering the holes.  Punch the holes again and you have a super strong edge with holes that won’t rip out.  Cost: 0.01 cents per page.

Chuck Jensen

--

jjessen(at)rcn.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

I just rip each page out (I've given up trying to keep the holes from ripping), immediately spill some hot tea on it to give it its proper staining, fold it up and stuff it in my briefcase so I can unfold it in the airport and look at it seriously hoping to impress someone with my technical acumen.  Mainly I take the page out so I can have that one page near, beside, on top of the work at hand.  Then, once finished with it, I take it home with me so it's near the computer and I can enter my notes and time, then finally onto a "completed" file of other, heroically stained and mangled pages.  War is war.  I stand on the front line between aluminum and civilization.  You need me on that line; you want me on that line.  I don't have the time, nor the inclination to pamper my pages. 

Histrionically yours,

John Jessen
  ~328 (skinning the Tailcone)

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Jensen
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:01 AM
Subject: RE: 3 ring binder for manual

To reinforce the pages and prevent rip-out, run a strip of Scotch tape along the edge of the page, covering the holes.  Punch the holes again and you have a super strong edge with holes that won’t rip out.  Cost: 0.01 cents per page.

Chuck Jensen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Mike Lauritsen - Work
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:41 AM

It’s a bit overkill, but I took two strips of 1/8”x3/4” aluminum from the hardware store and drilled them to correspond to the holes.  I countersunk and attached #8 nutplates to one for the back and countersunk and inserted #8 screws through the front to sandwich all of the pages together.  I went this route mainly because I had so many ripped pages that I needed something to pinch and hold them together.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:23 AM

Thanx

Chris Hukill

Tdawson(at)avidyne.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

“Col Jessen, did you order the wing kit?”

“I did the job, I . . .”

“Did you order the wing kit?”

“You’re goddamn right I did!”

Hee hee

TDT
Do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Jessen
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 12:12 PM

I just rip each page out (I've given up trying to keep the holes from ripping), immediately spill some hot tea on it to give it its proper staining, fold it up and stuff it in my briefcase so I can unfold it in the airport and look at it seriously hoping to impress someone with my technical acumen.  Mainly I take the page out so I can have that one page near, beside, on top of the work at hand.  Then, once finished with it, I take it home with me so it's near the computer and I can enter my notes and time, then finally onto a "completed" file of other, heroically stained and mangled pages.  War is war.  I stand on the front line between aluminum and civilization.  You need me on that line; you want me on that line.  I don't have the time, nor the inclination to pamper my pages. 

Histrionically yours,

John Jessen

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Jensen

Chuck Jensen

--

LarryRosen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

I store my plans in a plastic 3 ring binder like you are looking for
which is on loan from work Smile

I found one at office depot here
<http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=914005&&An=text>

or at a site called www.11x17.com Here is the link to 1" 11x17 binders
<http://11x17binders.com/store/index.php?cPath=9_17&osCsid=9db182416d177ff25f3d00b990968221>

In the shop I use a copy of my plans. They get tossed around and the
pages get out of order. Every so often my daughter gets the task of
putting them back in order.

Chris Hukill wrote:

Quote:
Has anyone found a mail order source for a 3 ring binder for the
manual? I keep tearing the holes on mine, and would like to have a
real binder for my manual, but I can't find any locally, or on the
internet. If anyone knows a source, please let me know.
Thanx
Chris Hukill

N205EN (reserved)
<http>
ricksked(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!

do not archive

ricksked(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

Santiago...although his death is tragic....it served a purpose.

do not archive

steveadams

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

Again, maybe overkill, but my plans (CH640) came in an aluminum binder which would be easy to make. The back is a single sheet of .050 aluminum sheet cut about 1 inch longer and wider than the drawings. The front is made up of 2 pieces of aluminum sheet with a scrap piece of hinge material riveted in so the front opens like a book. The front and back are held together with AN 3 bolts through the holes in the plans. Its tough, you don't have to fold the plans so it is easy to page back and forth between drawings, it will never let your pages rip out, and it looks cool. It would make a good practice project for riveting, counter sinking etc before doing the real thing. Alodine and priming is optional Smile

bob.kaufmann(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: 3 ring binder for manual Reply with quote

John

I laughed so hard, my sides hurt and now I have to go to work and protect this country.  The pain in my side may be the beginning of a national emergency because of the laughter.

Bob K
Forward top cowling

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Jessen
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:12 AM

Histrionically yours,

John Jessen

Chuck Jensen

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: