Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi, I'm new here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echristley(at)att.net

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm new here Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. I deep in the final stages of deciding what I want to do for my next project, and I'm starting to settle on a Zenith Zodiac 650B with a Corvair on the front. I've read a lot on the flycorvair.net/com site, and there is a LOT of dense info there. I think the option to build with standard cylinders, but use the new dished pistons that Mr. Wynn was talking about a year ago (for the 2775 engine) would be a good way for me to go. Barring the availability of the pistons, which still don't seem to be for sale yet, a basic 2850 would be my best option.

Other than buying the rebuild manual from Mr. Wynn, what can I do to get myself up to speed on the ins and outs of the engine?
For reference, I completely rebuilt and designed the installation of the rotary that I hung on the front of my Dyke Delta. This included building the control computer (a MegaSquirt), setting up the complete, single-lever throttle system along with the fuel map and advance tables, designing an intake charge system (it wasn't super, but it was a Corvair fan), and an exhaust system. The best I can say about it is that it all worked. That's all to say that I have a little understanding of engines, and I know which end of the ratchet to hold.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
jbfjr(at)peoplepc.com

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm new here Reply with quote

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

echristley(at)att.net

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Hi, I'm new here Reply with quote

And the next one is at Zenair!! This is perfect. Thank you, Mr. Franklin.
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:00 PM, John Franklin <jbfjr(at)peoplepc.com> wrote:
If at all possible you should attend a Corvair College. I've been to three of them and they helped me immensely.

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: